Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Spilling, Grammer And Sintax - Page 5 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Spilling, Grammer And Sintax

islandbloke

• 2 months later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 7 months later...
  • Gold FFM

If this sign is indicative of a road closure further up and is telling you to follow the diversion which will be coming up, isn’t this correct?

If it is, you’re  lucky. Going into Melbourne, there are quite a few turnoffs where you are told where you are after you have taken it. Not very useful. 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Well I'll come from the other side my spelling and grama is dreadful and I look back at my school years and all anybody could say was well look at his spelling and grama he must be thick.

Well yes I would love to be able to produce reports with the correct grammar but at 52 years old I don't think that's going to happen now.

And as my new manager found out that laughing at one of my reports as I had spelt a certain word two different ways is not the way to win friends especially as he has absolutely no refrigeration experience and I've 37years with a fully indentured apprenticeship so fast forward to his first big meeting with a well known supermarket pitching for a new Ammonia refrigeration plant and he asks me to go along to help support him in his £57k job he made a complete ass of himself Infront of the customer and consultant at which point outside he turns and asks me why I diddent I nterject I said I was to busy laughing.

He doesn't laugh at my reports now come to think of it since his abysmal meeting he doesn't laugh much at all.

• Haha 1

I've had a little rant today that because the person that wrote a certain (circa 15 words) sentence found themselves unable to use punctuation, I've had to cover all possible meanings of the sentence in my assessment. Let alone the ambiguous nature of the sentence irrespective of the omitted punctuation.

I'm expecting any response to contain a sentence that starts with the word "But", at which point I may need to walk away from the P.C. for a few moments.

There are times when what appears to be an error of grammar or punctuation can reveal a hidden truth. For instance, one of the elementary schools I attended in my youth had a sign at the roadside saying "Slow Children Playing". 

Indeed, many of them were. 

• Like 1

Mike

'97 V8

'73 Europa TC

'10 Elise SC

• Gold FFM
On 01/07/2007 at 06:09, USAndretti42 said:

For punctuation education, one can read, "Eats, shoots, and leaves." The sleeve notes said it was a best-seller in England. The title comes from a story on the back cover about a panda going into a restaurant. Eats a meal. Pulls out a gun and shoots someone and then walks out. Someone chased after him and asked why he did that. The panda replies, "I am a panda. That's what pandas do according to the instructions I have on this paper." He then pulls out a piece of paper upon which it was written, "Panda - member of the bear family. Lives in China. Eats, shoots, and leaves." See, punctuation can make a difference.

The alternative parable I heard about "Eats, shoots, and leaves" was regarding a disagreement between a prostitute and a panda, with the panda refusing to pay for services rendered due to his written definition. Probably not one they teach in class.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Signature not working...

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, 100th_Idiot said:

We called a colleague Panda ever since a party where he had relations with the hosts sister in law in the conservatory and left without saying goodbye. He hated it.

He’s a legend 👍  

reckon you lot were jealous 

Only here once

• 2 years later...
  • Gold FFM
4 hours ago, RobinB5 said:

O dear...

No photo description available.

What's wrong with the signwriter as well, or does this 'proprietor' have his own CNC machine for cutting decals himself? I also only just realised that I have been misspelling 'clutch' for the last 50 years. Never knew it ended in 'e'.

You just wouldn't trust him would you?

My wife's ex-husband put a small sign on a tree in their front yard many years ago which read,

'Electrian for private jobs'

• Haha 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)