Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Car SOS - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Car SOS

Currently has the new series of Car SOS on, where they restore an Elise. This is followed by The Lost Lotus, where they restore an original Elite 

Edited by Bravo73
Edited thread title
  • Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I find Car SOS pretty much the best show of its kind. They always seem to do a thorough and honest job, and for someone who deserves it. And if you think of a certain Mike, you'll not find Tim irritating at all. 😄

• Like 2

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Saw it on catch up yesterday and I now remember having seen it before. Seems this one isn't a new series after all and I also recall from the last time I watched it, taking issue with Fuzz calling a simple coilover damper/spring assembly a 'Chapman Strut'. That aside though, I can forgive him that little error as he is still a good and highly skilled fella. :)

• 1 month later...

I didn't realise until someone mentioned it on Facebook today but it was Tim Shaw's wife who put his Esprit up for sale for 50p when they were having a marital dispute.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

The partner of a great-niece of mine is a mechanic who worked for Fuzz at Westgate Classics.  He said they did the work properly (I'm certain they did because he is one of those people who like things to be right) and often had all-nighters to meet the deadline.

• Like 2

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

13 hours ago, USAndretti42 said:

I didn't realise until someone mentioned it on Facebook today but it was Tim Shaw's wife who put his Esprit up for sale for 50p when they were having a marital dispute.

Ive always thought  the idea for car sos came from this very forum who did the same sort of thing to a forum members car many many years ago.

?? do not see it in the program?

image.thumb.png.91bfd245f3c02791ba4da5f54f1093b6.png

Edited by cor

Just watched the programme great watch and lovely ending 

I was intrigued by the guy who did the electronic dash displays , would love it in my Evora then at least I can see the speedo and warning indicators lights etc 

I wonder if he could do similar job on Evora ?

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Thought it was a great program. (Why the f##k is Rick Wakeman doing unfunny cameos? - Did I miss something?)

Also wasn’t aware Tim was a current owner of a beautiful S3T until last night.

Loved the idea on the changeable dash apart from the loss of originality.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!