Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Brexit - Page 135 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Brexit

Barrykearley

7 hours ago, SFO said:

Drakeford looks, sounds and acts like a reject from Lord of the Rings puppet collection 

EU document showing comparison of pros/cons of deal

It could almost have come from the BBC.

Margate Exotics.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Andyww said:

Probably.

I reckon when the details come out of the final stages it will be as predicted months (years) ago ie, Merkel, told by German industry to sort it, spoke to Von Der Leyen and told her to sort it, then her and Boris did so, over the heads of Barnier and Macron.

Yep, I was right:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9084321/Angela-Merkel-pulls-strings-11th-hour-avoid-No-Deal-set-bid-adieu-EU.html

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Alfa2Evora said:

Apparently, BJ's 'deal' is a total betrayal of the Scottish fishing industry - that's the industry that will be protected under the new Fisheries Bill (now an Act) that the SNP voted against last month and the industry that they were fully prepared to (and had behind the scenes already offered to) hand back to the EU upon Scotland being admitted as an independent European country. 😠

Their hypocrisy knows no bounds!

🤦‍♂️ I thought I was making a joke. Sigh.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dan E said:

Starmer!! what a ........................ just seen him on Sky. 

Just his little speech from yesterday on Sky & yes, what a ...........

His attempt at appearing aggressive and threatening just shows how much he has to learn. Body language and wording made it appear to be a personal attack on BoJo.
There was a way of doing this which could have resonated with a large element of the British public and he totally missed the opportunity. All he had to do was say, in a calm way, “we will of course vote for this, since the only other option was a no deal, but the British public will hold the govt accountable in the future if it becomes a bad deal for the U.K.”

Labour Party leadership has been a joke for the past 10 years

• Gold FFM

He’s forgetting that millions of his own voters voted exactly for a no deal brexit as did Bojos. If this turns out to be an utter stitch up then there will be political earthquakes. As it is - I’m sure Queen Nicola will be stamping her feet for another independence vote so they can merge and become a state of Europe. Always find that one weird they want independence but wish to be ruled by a foreign organisation.  She should look carefully at voter numbers though - since more Scots voted for Brexit than voted for the SNP. 

Only here once

3 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

I’m sure Queen Nicola will be stamping her feet for another independence vote so they can merge and become a state of Europe. 

She already has according to reports on Sky news

Nicola Sturgeon said “This deal contains so many broken promises for Scotland, particularly on fisheries, that Scotland should now have the right to choose its own future as an independent country and once more regain the benefits of EU membership”

Same old broken record :2guns:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

since more Scots voted for Brexit than voted for the SNP. 

Presumably because the Brexit vote had only two choices and was rather more galvanising amongst the electorate than a run of the mill election.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, C8RKH said:

One of the few good things to come out of Kent

😟   I'm sure we will all try not to take that too personally

1 hour ago, mdw said:

😟   I'm sure we will all try not to take that too personally

Lol. Don't worry the Apologist will be along shortly to unwrinkle your brow and give you a cuddle. But just in case you are in any doubt,  yup, it was a joke @mdw.  Coming from Liverpool and therefore being the butt of literally millions of jokes and digs I grew both a sense of humour and a thick skin at an early age. 

merry xmas everyone in Kent. Love you really.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Don't know if/how it's related, but I am part of a UCL study and will be having an antibody test imminently.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Whilst agreeing with most of the above,there is no way I will be holidaying in France or traveling through it ,if I can avoid it 

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM
52 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

We'll have a new global Healthcard (a GHIC instead of an NHIC) and it will be continued to be ignored, just like the last one was in large parts of Spain, Italy and France and you'll still be expected to flash your credit card upfront to get treatment and then told to claim it back from your insurance (whilst the NHS will continue to treat French, Spanish and Italians who will continue to holiday here for free, without the embarrassment of forcing them to insert their credit cards into a machine first).

And right there is a clear example of the contempt many member states, read real countries, held the Great British citizens in. Even after being rescued by our heros after the last unification of Europe a few decades ago.

• Like 1

Only here once

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I for one am interested to see where the debate now goes. For too long Remainers have sought to control the rhetoric based on facts that are increasingly untrue.

I think quite a few of those who voted “remain,” like myself, have become pretty sick and tired of the EU over the past 4 years and are now happy that we are out.

Getting agreements was never going to be easy, but during those 4 years the EU have demonstrated beyond doubt not just how their unelected bureaucrats try to run the show but also how the main member states just look after themselves.

If true, a prime example is reports that Merkel pulled strings right at the death for fear of how a no deal would adversely affect German manufacturers’ who trade with the U.K., particularly the motor sector. 

I think that the EU will be very interesting over the next 10 years as the “united 27” start to become more disunited.

• Like 2