Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Hants virtual meeting! - Page 3 - UK - Hampshire - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Hants virtual meeting!

pbharcourt

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
16 hours ago, Bibs said:

Do you tell Amazon to 'Deliver to Land Rover'? :lol:

Whilst can't get to the tip, the Land Rover becomes the tip. Such a versatile vehicle!

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

Very nice Dean 👍

I look forward to seeing it when we can get back to regular meets.

4 hours ago, Kevin Wheeler said:

Now six of us can meet somewhere - we could take our own pop up pub!

Well done on the new acquisition Dean!

The Wonston are doing home deliveries if you're close enough....doorstepbeers.co.uk. Just had my weekly ales arrive for the weekend 🍻

• Like 2

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

Just seen Dean's garage update on the new car, congrats!  Something really nice about early S2 cars - road/seat/arse as someone once said.

Done a couple of cosmetic jobs on the Evora whilst I have been off, and finally sorted the gearbox leak on the Esprit so that's all back together and running - took it for a small run yesterday, although its not running great but I suspect that's mainly down to lack of use.  Was going to do an oil change, but once again it defeated me - couldn't shift the sump bolt and was starting to round off the head of the bolt.  I have got a new one on order along with a 6 point socket rather than the usual 12 point sockets.   I think the "C" word was invented for two things - wasps and my Esprit!

All being well it will be coming to the next meet, would be great if we can do one with the weather at its best - could we meet somewhere and everyone brings their own refreshments?

2 hours ago, Kevin Wheeler said:

So it is all round to @peteyg this weekend then!

How much beer did you buy Pete?

Very happy to host. Not enough beer to go round this weekend but happy to plan for a future one. Anytime after the first weekend of June works for me if you're up for it. 

• Like 2

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

Dean congratulations on the new acquisition, Very nice.  looks great in the photos look forward to seeing in the flesh.  Curious to know what engine / spec, etc (in true nerd style)

I'm getting a bit excited about driving mine for the 1st time in 7mnths or so, just taxed it (got a bit stuck when one of the new indicator units I bought had a crack in it and had to be sent back so decided to wait till end of the month (and easing of rules) rather than use hand signals, I only know the one and that's offensive)

Take care all,   Tony

P.S. if you see a broken down white eliseS1 at the side of the road, That'll be me.

• 2 weeks later...

I am still furloughed so any time good with me.  Will have to be the Evora though, I fix one problem on the Esprit and another surfaces.   Now I have very little clutch, have a new mater and a slave cylinder arriving tomorrow. 

Hi all,  I'll probably have to miss this one. Gutting, do nothing for 3 months and then 2 things at the same time (its been discussed a while and is a bit open ended so may not happen in which case I could be out but with limited numbers its probably better to leave it to the hard core). 

It would be cool to catch up, has anyone had ideas about were we could meet up if the pubs stay shut? we could easily accommodate a small fleet of Lotuses here, and plenty of outside space for social distancing (even have a hedge to pee behind) but I am right on the edge of Hampshire and may be a bit far for some.

Paul, I think its still called dogging now its just a lot more popular😁 (as it probably counts as outdoor exercise) I once pulled into a remote car park near stockbridge to turn around and was surprised how many people were out walking their dogs at midnight!!!

I've been out having fun in the Elise having unsorned it but then the weather turned nasty (sorry about that) so I thought I would have some garage based lotus fun instead.  I had thought the steering needed looking at for a while but noticing a clonk made up my mind.  So out came the rack and sure enough both track rods were floppy and the rack very loose. Its all adjusted back within tolerance and back in the car. The car feels so much better, I am however feeling a bit beaten up from spending time wedged upside down under the dash (when I was younger I did this sort of thing all the time with no real problem but now I've got a bruise the size of a cricket ball and probably a cracked rib its pathetic.)

Check out my special technical equipment for accurately setting the rack friction/pull force.  Not only did I use what you can see in the photo but I also utilised the entire planet.

IMG_7474comp.jpg.10a8bb9afc854af2ab20ccd35ac58514.jpg

Hopefully see you all soon

Tony

• Like 1