Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Formula One - Page 40 - Motorsport - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Formula One

KAS-118

36 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

See C4 have done a deal with Sky to show the last race live........

Will they ruin it as much as they do their highlights programme with the timing and frequency of the ad breaks?

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

If you can survive waiting an indeterminable amount of time, catch-up is less painful on the adverts front.  There are tricks here. You need to learn exactly where to fast forward to to avoid all the adverts at the beginning.

They are based off trigger points but also trying to get x number of adverts into x number of minutes. If you mistime you will spend hours watching adverts, if you get it spot on you miss almost all the adverts and in the middle of the program it usually just glitches in and out of the advert start/stop screens and goes back to the action.

As I say, the only real drawback to catchup is that you have no idea when they will finally manage to upload it, channel 4 seem to be incredibly slow at getting it encoded and onto the app.

Found a quote ....

Channel 4 will show the F1 Championship finale live and in full on Sunday. 

could imply that there are no adds  ? .

Back in the days when C4 did show live races they packed the adds in the pre and post race chat, the race was un-interrupted.

The online catchup program and highlights had adverts mid race but not the live show on TV.

I would hope they would do the same again for this race.

• Gold FFM

They show the Silverstone race live still now. They always do ads at the start and end, not during the race.

I think ITV learned that lesson when it went so well for them squeezing ads in just as overtakes were happening.

5 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Will they ruin it as much as they do their highlights programme with the timing and frequency of the ad breaks?

They don't normally show adverts while the race is on. May show them if there is a safety car

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

That must be the Silverstone GP live, because the highlights programme last week on Ch4 was painful with the adverts....  So if the case is the "live" events have no ads whilst the race is on then great news.

Edited by Bravo73

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Oh dear Max, what a mis-guided individual you are!

You should be regarding yourself as a little fortunate in the way you have been dealt with  after the past few weeks.

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/994371/1/unfair-i-m-treated-differently-other-f1-drivers-verstappen

I see the FIA have issued a warning that a points deduction will be considered for any unfair or unsporting behaviour on track this weekend

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, PaulCP said:

I see the FIA have issued a warning that a points deduction will be considered for any unfair or unsporting behaviour on track this weekend

eg Max punting Lewis off somewhere. When it was clearly not Lewis' fault.

So Max on pole by quite a margin, Lewis 2nd, Bottas with an old engine well back.

What are the odds on a first lap/corner crash. 

If Bottas was good at overtaking was thinking they may have taken a new engine, (or part of for a 5 place penalty) as there was a report of Toto on the radio to VB about his 'old' engine.

Lando should have a good view of the start, in his post Q interview he was thinking of his options.

45 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Ridiculous that MB didn’t use Bottas to help Hamilton with a slipstream. When Q3 started I said the same thing to my son as soon as Perez headed out ahead of Verstappen. MB had two chances to do this and failed on both occasions. RB deserved pole position just for that. Toto Wolff showed his weakness today. I hope for his sake that this won’t cost Hamilton the title.

Actually I disagree. As soon as it was clear Max would need to shift to softs I think MB breathed a sigh of relief.  Max will get a good clean start into T1, but that full fuel load will hurt the Softs on Max's car and he'll need to pit early just as Hamilton's tyres come good.  I actually think MB have played a blinder to put Max out in front early, on a potentially more risky tyre strategy.  We will see of course.

• Like 1

The small print.

I would not put it past Red Bull to do a Renault 2008 Singapore and deliberately crash one of there other three cars to bring the safety car out so Verstappen gets a free pit stop to get him of the red softer tyres. Red Bull will do anything inside and outside the rules to win this Championship.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I would hope that Horner & Red Bull are grown up and experienced enough to realise that the backlash for that sort of action would make it a championship in title only and history will not be kind to them. 

• Like 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I think Red Bull the brand would find that kind of thing untenable for them to continue with the team as title sponsor to be honest. It would kill their reputation.

Edited by Bravo73
  • Like 2

The small print.

Or they might not be all that bothered. I can’t think of another non tobacco company that has invested so much in F1 over such a long time. Red Bull World Champions is obviously their aim. It’s been quite a long time since Vettel managed that.

• Like 1