Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Formula One - Page 60 - Motorsport - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Formula One

KAS-118

Merc seem to make bad decisions when they are under pressure. Also a lot of their backroom people have gone to red bull

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Well done to Max, apart from the slow start on the sprint race he drove a flawless race. Great to see him doing ballsy but fair overtakes, seems like he has learned and become better compared to last season. 

Good to see Charles had the hunger for more than just 3rd and was pushing for that extra place even towards the end of the race.  Shame he made a mistake and dropped down so far.  But this what I want to see, drivers pushing as hard as they and taking a chance that something might happen and thinking with their hearts and not their heads! 

Come on F1 2022 more of this please! 

Also agree that Merc missed a trick with the strategy for Lewis.  Its happened a few times in the past when Merc find them selves mid table and taken the wrong decision or just played it safe and not ended up anything special.  Seems like they only know how to plan a race from the front.

Audi and Porsche to enter Formula 1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/61300470

Porsche is said by F1 insiders to be preparing an alliance with Red Bull.

Porsche would partner with the team's new engine division, which has been set up to design and build the drinks brand's own power-unit for the new engine regulations due in F1 in 2026, and the team would run as Red Bull-Porsche.

Audi will come in as a team and has been linked with buying out an existing entrant.

It is said to have had talks with McLaren, Sauber, Aston Martin and Williams.

Tony Brooks: Formula 1 pioneer dies aged 90

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/61313801

And an interesting pic.

Brooks retired from F1 in 1961. He is pictured here (third from left) in July of that year alongside fellow F1 drivers Bruce McLaren, Stirling Moss, Graham Hill, Jo Bonnier and Wolfgang von Trips. The toddler in the car is 1996 F1 world champion Damon Hill

B McLaren, Stirling Moss, Tony Brooks, his father Graham Hill, Jo Bonnier and Wolfgang von Trips

Merc seem to have made some improvements for the Miami race, could make things more competitive between 3 teams rather than just 2. GR fastest in session 2.

Had some sympathy with Hamilton over the rule on piercing until his childish act at the press conference. He turned up wearing 3 watches,4 necklaces,a ring on every finger and all his piercings

• Haha 2

It was done in jest though to make his point, didn’t he open by saying “I couldn’t find space for any more jewellery”  or similar.

Same as Vettel’s prank by wearing boxer shorts over his overalls in protest of the FIA stipulating that drivers should only wear regulation underwear.

The drivers are right, there are bigger issues that the FIA should be dealing with. By concentrating on trivial things they are just leaving the real issues on the “too difficult pile”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Noticed on the racing at Spa today the exit of the first bend is no longer tarmac but is a gravel trap

Wasn't he bleating about FIA rules not being followed at the last race in 2021?

The FIA has cut him some slack though, they've given him two races to decide whether he wants to be a proper racing driver, or a rapper.

Margate Exotics.

Not a bad race I suppose.  But the Americanisation of F1 is obviously now in full swing.  I don't know whether to laugh or cry.  I imagine that next year,  the drivers on the podium at Las Vegas will walk on wearing Roman Centurions helmets.  Gerri and Chrissy are obviously lapping it up. 

But the long and short of it is that the American owners/viewers/fans(?) will only tolerate not seeing the stars and stripes, and hearing the star spangled banner on the podium for so long.

We can all look forward to money ' a la Stroll' flooding in.

What a horrible pre-race fiasco. Martin Brundle being forced to seek out glitterati on the grid and failing horribly. I wish I did my homework and showed up just in time for the warm up lap. All the pre-race fluff stuff was embarrasing.  (but it's all about maximizing commercials these days before the race and thankfully the race itself appeared commercial free to me)

Edited by comem47

• Gold FFM
9 hours ago, comem47 said:

What a horrible pre-race fiasco. Martin Brundle being forced to seek out glitterati on the grid and failing horribly. I wish I did my homework and showed up just in time for the warm up lap. All the pre-race fluff stuff was embarrasing.  (but it's all about maximizing commercials these days before the race and thankfully the race itself appeared commercial free to me)

https://twitter.com/MBrundleF1/status/1523488307362996225?s=20&t=PoH0ax7oyCPXWfGTVHPEXg

• Like 1

The Miami track produced an interesting race (Channel 4's edited highlights)

On 16/01/2022 at 09:51, mg4lotus said:

Hamilton has the talent to get into double figures while he is in a car that is capable, Mercedes need to keep on top of the changing regulations and their competition. The competition from his new team mate will probably be more intense than previously.

I'm not particularly a fan of Mercedes but I do hope they can get the car sorted so that we can see the British boys in a tussle for the championship

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mg4lotus said:

Have to say that the quality of Verstappen's driving has improved this season. I hope he can maintain the quality for the full season and if he wins the championship it will be deservedly.

Think the quality of the opposition has also improved

• 2 weeks later...

Must be feeling the cold, and has plenty of room under the long sleeves...

See Merc were 2 and 3 in practice 2 today, after they brought in a few more improvements.

A number of teams have brought upgrades for this race.