Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
BBC - Again! - Page 9 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

BBC - Again!

PaulCP

It's lovely here in Devon (well it always is), the sun is out, it's lovely and warm - a bit wet last night but no wind at all over the past few days.

Lovely day! 😁

Forgot to mention, central heating off and conservatory open, may have to open a few windows if it gets much warmer.

Edited by march

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Very warm for the time of year too. 12°C but strong winds from the east (normally WSW)

Maybe Storm Bullshit hasn't hit us yet 🤔

PS we call it weather in the Borders and just get on with life. Mind you, I'll not be going topless in the M100 today.

1 hour ago, Rambo said:

Very warm for the time of year too. 12°C but strong winds from the east (normally WSW)

Maybe Storm Bullshit hasn't hit us yet 🤔

PS we call it weather in the Borders and just get on with life. Mind you, I'll not be going topless in the M100 today.

I think we must be in the eye of the storm.

20231020_110842.jpg

• Haha 1

I was keeping tabs on The Storm on the BBC Weather page yesterday. It basically forecast heavy persistent rain, wind, thunder and lightning for the entire day for my location. I looked outside and the sun was shining with a gentle warm breeze. We had a light shower at about 3.00pm for 10 minutes. Every time I checked back with the BBC site, it still insisted that we were enduring some kind of Old Testament apocalypse.

• Like 1

For what it's worth we get the same sort of drift over here across all the TV channels, everything is in crisis. Top of the list these days being, " the housing affordability crisis ", AKA smokescreen for massive development projects and record immigration numbers. I regard media, TV above all, through a cynical filter by which their underlying MO - the profit imperative - is to be expected and this will demand that eyeballs be harvested. Nothing Orwell would have found surprising.

Cheers, despite

I hope for both of you (and all others) the water doesn't get beyond the garden!

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

1 hour ago, Rambo said:

Hope you haven't got an electric car in that garage?

You need a white Bond Esprit 😉

😅 No cars ,just a sit on lawnmower and other petrol gardening tools. Unfortunately I'm in Majorca at the moment so had to get the neighbours to rescue them this time.Although they have been totally submerged 3 times in the past and each time I've got them running again. Bit like the Toyota hilux on top gear they won't die 😅

16 minutes ago, Escape said:

I hope for both of you (and all others) the water doesn't get beyond the garden!

No I'm lucky in that sense as the flood can never reach the house as its up a slight incline keeping it away from the flood line.

2 hours ago, NAC63 said:

Count yourselves lucky this was my garden 😔

IMG-20231021-WA0004.jpg

Do I remember seeing a similar photo a year ago or am I imagining it? The partially submerged garage and lonely shrub/tree look vaguely familiar.

31 minutes ago, Rambo said:

Do I remember seeing a similar photo a year ago or am I imagining it? The partially submerged garage and lonely shrub/tree look vaguely familiar.

Yes you are correct date on previous photo was 21.02.22

Edited by NAC63

3 hours ago, Escape said:

That’s the worst we’ve known it in 23 years here. Probably all down to the local planning dept allowing 20 homes to be built on what was a flood plain 2 years ago about 1 mile down river. Quite a few of the neighbours now planning to bombard the local council with a “we told you what would happen and we were right” approach.

Luckily the water would have to have risen a further 4 feet before the house was threatened.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

And they have a large increase in license fee's on the way! Great for all those poor pensioners who can't afford Sky or other channels

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Looks like the Tories are trying to limit the increase. Maybe payback time.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Could they bin Zoe Ball. she is as thick as mince.

• Like 1

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

They bin Ken Bruce, and add Vernon Kay on twice the salary, if not more. The guy is the most annoying guy on the Radio in my humble opinion. But the question has to be, why, or how, is a mid day radio presenter worth over £500,000 per year. Why is the BBC Radio 1 morning host paid, what is it, £900,000 per year. Totally bonkers. 

The BBC chases market share yet it has no advertisers to please. Why can't it therefore focus on quality, as opposed to making pretty mediocre presenters very rich indeed?

• Like 2

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

At my work we moved from Radio 2 to Greatest Hits Radio.

We have lost Zoe (the most dim) Ball, Vernon (the most boring) Kay, Jeremy (The purveyor of doom and Gloom) Vine and have gained Ken Bruce & Simon Mayo on the way home.

Im just waiting for Steve (great show) wright to turn up in the afternoon.

+1 for Liza Tarbuck. Can't bear her even as background noise.

When Ken Bruce left I'd gladly have moved over to Greatest Hits but I don't drink Fever Tree and I don't have any gold to sell so I don't want to hear about both in an ad break every 10 minutes...

• Like 1

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

37 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

Reference Jeremy Whine, seeing as we're having a bonfire, he can have a seat right on the top.

I cannot stand Jeremy Vine. There is something very sinister about him - he seems to gloat in things that cause other people issues or discomfort. Gives me the creeps.

• Like 1

The small print.