Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
BBC - Again! - Page 4 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

BBC - Again!

PaulCP

Poor little loves. Getting all upset over appropriate wording for a song about 19th Century Irish Immigrants in the States and being locked up in a drunk tank.

BBC Radio 1 will not play the original version of Fairytale of New York by The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl this Christmas, because its audience may be offended by some of the lyrics.

The station said young listeners were particularly sensitive to derogatory terms for gender and sexuality.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Of course these listeners who are particularly sensitive to derogatory remarks and sexuality all have devices with no off button. If you don’t like it don’t listen, turn it off or switch channels.

TBF it won’t affect me since I wouldn’t waste my time listening to Radio 1 but, whilst they are in the mood of not wanting to offend anyone, maybe they’ll get rid of that waste of space who is Jeremy Vine from Radio 2 since I find him offensive. Hence why once midday comes around I either change channels or turn him off.

• Like 1

And yet they will play Rap music with liberal repeating of the "n" word as that word is obviously not offensive to anyone. I was going to say it is OK for someone of race to use that words it seems, but nobody else, but then I do recall quite a few Eminem songs that I am sure use the word. 

I think this just shows just how out of touch and pathetic we are, or is the BBC are just totally barmy and out of touch?

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone else received an email to give your opinion of the BBC?

Just completed mine. Think they got an average of below 3 out of 10. (BBC Radio 6 is the only thing good to come out of that corporation).

• Gold FFM

I also deleted mine.

3!! In a generous mood were we?

50 minutes ago, machine7 said:

Just completed mine. Think they got an average of below 3 out of 10. (BBC Radio 6 is the only thing good to come out of that corporation).

I didn’t know there was a radio 6 😳

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

45 minutes ago, Bibs said:

I've no idea what BBC Sound is? Sound effects for video producers?

Radio stations app. Even I knew that! :)

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

The acknowledgement email you get after completing the survey... 

"Thanks for your submission to the BBC.

For: Survey about the BBC

We’ll keep it for up to 270 days – and if we don’t use it we’ll then delete it and any other information you sent us.

We really appreciate your help to understand what you think and feel about the BBC."

So @PaulCP, you're probably right!

Could some one please explain to me why presenter salaries are so high?

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

7 minutes ago, red vtec said:

Could some one please explain to me why presenter salaries are so high?

Cos it's a really hard job to read off a teleprompter. It's a professional job that take years of study.

• Like 2

The small print.

Just now, C8RKH said:

Cos it's a really hard job to read off a teleprinter. It's a professional job that take years of study.

I just find its bonkers that they justify hundreds of thousands for the likes of Tess Daly, Claudia etc.... Claudia wouldn't have got anywhere without her mum. She is quite funny, but really overpaid.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

4 hours ago, red vtec said:

I just find its bonkers that they justify hundreds of thousands for the likes of Tess Daly, Claudia etc.... Claudia wouldn't have got anywhere without her mum. She is quite funny, but really overpaid.

I'm hoping that one day we'll actually get to see Claudia's eyes!

The small print.