Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
JPS Project - Page 13 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

JPS Project

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Djs44 said:

with doors.jpg

going for gold.jpg

new handles.jpg

i just read this, Great what you have done to the car, this #44 really deserves it

great that you own it now, and finally finish the car, where SJ started with,

i am looking out for a ROW (LHD) JPS, that should be great for me,

keep up the good work, and when all is done, enjoy this piece of Lotus History!

My Old JPS car,

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’ve started at the front - headlights nearly in . Of course the clips with the headlights are wrong and the screws too short … I do wonder if sj have ever fitted what they sell ……

im guessing that both headlights have dipped and main beam bulbs ? What do people fit ?? 
next up is side lights and indicators - another puzzle ….

940DEDE4-723F-4E62-AD78-3B9DE6C1081D.jpeg

8439FD17-0FF5-4058-B82F-898D250722E5.jpeg

• Like 1

I believe that the original setup is a pair of low beam and a pair or high beam lamps. 

You may fall foul of the MOT station if you fit twin filament bulbs in all 4 headlamps. :) 

4.1.1. Presence, condition and operation

You must test all mandatory headlamps.

‘Mandatory headlamps’ are a matched pair of main beam headlamps and a matched pair of dipped-beam headlamps. These can be separate or a single pair of headlamps.

Lamps are matched if they:

• emit light of substantially the same colour and intensity
  • are the same size and shape that they are symmetrical to each other

It's getting there......

Main beams inner, main/dipped combination outboard. If purely dipped outboard then wire up to maintain the dipped when mains are operating.

Cheers

On 21/12/2022 at 22:07, TAR said:

I believe that the original setup is a pair of low beam and a pair or high beam lamps. 

You may fall foul of the MOT station if you fit twin filament bulbs in all 4 headlamps. :) 

4.1.1. Presence, condition and operation

You must test all mandatory headlamps.

‘Mandatory headlamps’ are a matched pair of main beam headlamps and a matched pair of dipped-beam headlamps. These can be separate or a single pair of headlamps.

Lamps are matched if they:

• emit light of substantially the same colour and intensity
  • are the same size and shape that they are symmetrical to each other

Cars over 40 years old are exempt from strict MOT requirements and simply have to be kept in roadworthy condition!

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/historic-classic-vehicles-mot-exemption-criteria/historic-classic-vehicles-mot-exemption-criteria

• Gold FFM

The early cars (including my early S3) have both dipped and main in all four lights and I would recommend this to have decent lights if possible... 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM
2 hours ago, Fridge said:

There's normally a rectangular cutout

Picking holes again David.😄

Unlike the original carpet, we add an additional backing to the boot floor and engine surround carpets, this allows them to be loose laid without curling or rucking up and easily removed in those areas rather than stuck to the boards. Therefore the hole in the carpet is not necessarily required for access to the battery. 

However should Derek have and want to use the original lid I'm sure he'd be quite capable of cutting a hole out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I find the battery lid secures the carpet without any problem, and provides access to it as intended. But whatever works for the owner.

Edited by Fridge

• 3 weeks later...

Will you trim the main dashboard in situ or is it coming out to do that? 

Interested as I’m about a year behind you in the rebuild!

Scrub that question, it’s the upper GRP dash I’m looking at!