Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Type 131 - The Rumour Mill - Page 16 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Type 131 - The Rumour Mill

Bibs

On 01/05/2021 at 23:05, stephenwhyte said:

Makes sense when you see them pictured side by side here......I really can’t wait to see it on the 6th July!😎

91C95C5A-D662-4ADB-9AF1-A47C74637B98.jpeg

I've got to ask - is this a real pic? I've not seen it before and I've been keeping my eyes well peeled.

• Like 1

Sudders and Dany

Ah, seen. Yes that’s Warwick. 

Interesting...

Sudders and Dany

• Gold FFM

That's the one that I was talking about as well and some have said that it is a render.

How do we know that? I am not sure what I am looking for that shows it to be a render?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

@jimichanga I was looking for your post on the introductions section but didn't find it. Welcome to the forum. looking forward seeing pictures of your Lotus. I hope they won't be photoshopped. 😜

p.s. You don't need to own a Lotus to be a forum member

Edited by mg4lotus
  • Like 1

@jimichangayes even Porsche owners, wish you hadn't come-out on the Dinosaurs for Jurassic Park comment; wont be able to let the grandchildren read this thread in case someone spills the beans on Father Christmas!

i just need to remind myself of the Topic "Type 131 the rumour mill" so whose V6 and spec against unknown 2ltr 4 cylinder and spec and the associated gearbox; i think what we all want to know is what will be powering the mini (non electric) Evija? 

• Like 1

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

6 hours ago, jimichanga said:

Are you being serious? The 'cover' is made of pixels. It doesn't look remotely real. Both are CG. Beyond dispute I'm afraid.

Hate to break it to you but they didn't hatch real Dinosaurs for Jurassic Park either.

Uh, OK. This one’s the real deal though, isn’t it?

uPNaXs3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, ramjet said:

That's the one that I was talking about as well and some have said that it is a render.

How do we know that? I am not sure what I am looking for that shows it to be a render?

OK, it is a photoshop montage type picture.

If you download the original picture high quality then zoom in. 

New collaborations and a new home to reinvigorate Lotus Engineering - Lotus Cars Media Site

Then use google maps satellite view Wellesbourne Campus, University of Warwick - Google Maps This is an old satellite picture but can be used to compare.

The place where the 131 is, is a grassy patch on the satellite (that could have been changed but there is still some greenery at the bottom of the wall in that area on the montage.

The 3 white paving slabs on the diagonal have been smoothed over on the left and right hand sides.

Where the block paving butts up against the paving slabs it is cutting through part of the slabs on the photo montage. The block paving of the montage doesn't look accurate compared with the real block paving.

But, why would Lotus show us a 131 that looks like an Evija if the 131 doesn't look like an Evija. So I think it probably does look like an Evija.

Is the scaling accurate? who knows? wait until July 6th to find out.

The photo was probably taken by a drone. Would @Bibs know anything about this, or is it secret?

4 hours ago, mg4lotus said:

For clarification purposes, any image you look at on a computer screen will be pixels.

beat me to it

Sudders and Dany

@exeterjeepthis is worse than waiting to come out of lockdown, at least with the exiting restrictions it was a phased approached 

when will we hear information on drive trains 

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Oh... my golly gosh

And that was all real footage, right? No CGI.

• Haha 1

Sudders and Dany

More likely, he's gonna take an Emira, remove the body and the engine and the chassis, and replace them with stuff from the back of his garage, and charge much lira for it.

I think that's what Ant and Jenson are planning too, maybe.

Only Dany is a God.

• Haha 1

Sudders and Dany

If this grey tiny little thing is it and it starts at 55k ....Pfff, it is the heck of a value proposition. It looks bonkers.

this is not even supercars looks, it is hypercar looks, it is literally a baby Evija, the rear 3/4 seen from the side is very MP4/12C as mentioned but the only question really is how much luggage space in the boot?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark030358 said:

Deposit down this afternoon 👍

If I like it I have a decision to make, if not money back... win win so to speak.

Sorry but I’ve got to ask......(maybe you’d prefer privately)....but how much was the deposit? I’m starting to get that new car purchase twitch again!😰

20 minutes ago, stephenwhyte said:

Sorry but I’ve got to ask......(maybe you’d prefer privately)....but how much was the deposit? I’m starting to get that new car purchase twitch again!😰

pm sent

• Like 1