Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 124 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

Schools first day in today but back out tomorrow. It seems odd that only this morning Boris was insisting that children must go to school, whilst he must have known what he would be announcing this evening...

• Like 1

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
10 hours ago, pete said:

IMG-20210104-WA0011.jpg.326f686a3a327bff3b67f6b5d2f52b1f.jpg

10 hours ago, Dave Eds said:

Scouse mum's won't be so sure though.....

As a Scouser I resemble those remarks although if I'd have posted them I'd have been called a "bully" and an apology issued on my behalf. 

Go figure, but remember, in these dark COVID times S L M - Scouse Lives Matter as. does a sense of humour and a thick skin (latter keeps the COVID out!)  ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

57 minutes ago, pete said:

I'll leave you to apologise for being one 😜

55 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

He’s done you a written apology @pete - but he’s put it under his work boots. Might be a while waiting for it chap.

Sorry for the delay, was just ordering myself a new Black Adidas shell suit from a man in a van for my interview, I mean introduction, to "Me Lord" next week.  All I can say in my defence is "guilty".

• Haha 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Friend of mine came down with Covid on Christmas Eve. It was traced to him collecting a new car from the dealer. Recovered by gave it to his partner who has asthmna, Fortunatley also seems to be a bit better as of yesterday.

• Like 1

With the numbers as they are, clearly it wasn't £10bn well spent and hasn't worked anyway! I asked in my local PO the other day if anyone was scanning the QR code still and they said not for a month or so. If it were a legal requirement to scan before entry, I'm sure it may have worked a little better than it did but with everyone ignoring it, it was a waste of time and money. 

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

42 minutes ago, Bibs said:

With the numbers as they are, clearly it wasn't £10bn well spent and hasn't worked anyway! I asked in my local PO the other day if anyone was scanning the QR code still and they said not for a month or so. If it were a legal requirement to scan before entry, I'm sure it may have worked a little better than it did but with everyone ignoring it, it was a waste of time and money. 

It was only going to work if people could bother their arses to use it; They didn't, and they're still not doing so.

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

I’d recommend not using or touching the park bench @Buddsy. It’s not a Covid secure environment you see and could well have virus smeared all over it.

• Haha 1

Only here once

2 hours ago, Buddsy said:

Dont have a mobile phone and dont want one. 

I do have a mobile or 2, but none are new enough to use the app. My main mobile is over 13 years old and it still makes phone calls....which is what I bought it for.. Don't pay a monthly fee either.

• Love 1

Bought my smart phone (HTC One A9S) in Feb 2017 for £225. Still going strong. My current Virgin contract is £7 per month. Phones texts and apps. All I need. Bargain.

I have got the NHS Covid app which is a bit greedy with the Bluetooth bandwidth. I was stood near an acquaintance whose drone controller was connected to his phone, it sent his drone lairy until I moved out of Bluetooth reach.

p.s. I'm only guessing at this as I have no actual evidence.

Edited by mg4lotus
p.s.
  • Haha 1

Track and Trace is a hard one as we have to disconnect it and our GPS while working for official reasons and seeing I am at home the rest of the time there's no point in having it!

• Haha 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

5 hours ago, Kimbers said:

I always wondered how you afforded a Lotus. Now we all know you stole it!

The COVID rules are pretty simple really.

Don't go out for anything but totally essential shopping or exercise (which is once a day).

- Unless you fancy a Maccy D's or a takeaway
- Or fancy popping into your place of worship with 100 other people
- Or if you are a house cleaner and want to go clean peoples houses
- Or want to buy some plants for the garden, a trellis or 2 or maybe a nice Pot, just so you can get out and mingle and say you are shopping.
- Or go to the playground with your whole household, but can't meet other people you know....but there will be 100 other strangers there you can meet! 
- Or go to buy a new car but just to get round the rules we'll call it click and collect and you can't come in the showroom but we'll have a car outside you can see. Basically just make an appointment and we'll see you as normal
- Or want to fill your car up with fuel even though you shouldn't be out driving so why do you need fuel?

There are more but I'm bored now and going back to work sellingcars as every car dealership is still open anyway! 

How about the young Police Officer who lives with his grandparents. Grandfather tested positive for COVID but he still came in for his shifts untested, then got tested and has it, and now have several of his colleagues whilst the others have to isolate!  What a Grade A plonker and this is the person who is supposed to protect us?  If the Police can't give a toss re the rules why should anyone else? We could talk about the SNP politician who KNEW she had it and got on a crowded train back to Scotland. So, let's not throw stones at the average Joe when those who clearly should have a better grasp can get it so wrong.

I mean, if a complete dick like me can get it, and socially isolate at home for 9 months, not break any rules, without crying about how unfair and stressful etc it is, when I've been used for the past 25 years to being away travelling 4/5 days a week, why is it so fooking hard and stressful for anyone else? And yes, I have an elderly mother who lives 300 miles away with Parkinsons and other conditions whom I have not seen since February. So again, why do fooking middle class nonces and others think it is OK for them to leave London and other places to go and potentially infect people in other areas and put other people at risk because, they, them precious selves, just needed to get away for the weekend darling as I was going spare with the children at home!..................   I better stop as the full dictionary of swear words will be in use.

• Like 2

The small print.

I am ignoring such negativity when one in 100,000 officers acts foolishly and point out that despite your attempt to show Police in a poor light, without fail Officers are going into houses with COVID, and more present, and dealing with not only people who COVID Positive but people who have passed away from the Virus on a regular basis. 

In light of Officers putting themselves in danger regularly, maybe support for the majority would be better than slating a tiny minority.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

43 minutes ago, Kimbers said:

I am ignoring such negativity when one in 100,000 officers acts foolishly and point out that despite your attempt to show Police in a poor light, without fail Officers are going into houses with COVID, and more present, and dealing with not only people who COVID Positive but people who have passed away from the Virus on a regular basis. 

In light of Officers putting themselves in danger regularly, maybe support for the majority would be better than slating a tiny minority.

@kimbers I am not trying to show the Police in a poor light but merely pointing out that if they, and politicians and supposedly other "educated, sensible, people" can get it wrong then so can any and many average Joe's. To put it into context a family member of mine has been put at risk by that persons irresponsibility and is now having to isolate! So let's not be too precious about it please. A uniform or a high viz vest often gives a person an air of authority but it doesn't mean they can't also be a dick at times - there is currently no vaccine for people being dicks. Just ask anyone who has had to deal with a high viz vest wearer with a clipboard.

The small print.

2 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

I do have a mobile or 2, but none are new enough to use the app. My main mobile is over 13 years old and it still makes phone calls....which is what I bought it for.. Don't pay a monthly fee either.

You haven't got a Nokia 3310, have you? If so, can you let @Buddsyhave it so he can drag himself into the 21st century?

TIA.

• Haha 1

Margate Exotics.

I’m still waiting for the Police to take any action against our neighbours for having a 3 day New Year’s Eve party with at least 3 other households. It’s a 5 minute drive from the Police Station and they were even provided with the offenders’ car registration numbers and photos to cross-reference, but nothing. Covidiots just laughing at the rest of us, whilst people are dying in our hospitals.

• Sad 1

@LotusLeftLotusRight,this is why the various tier restrictions and lockdowns don’t work as effectively as they should.............almost zero enforcement of the rules😠

When plod openly tell people that they won’t enforce restrictions, as they have in the past, and judges overturn fines because they were supposedly handed out with incorrect procedures, no wonder people feel they can just ignore those rules which don’t suit them🙄

It boils down to a lack of officers, not the actual officers themselves. There are not enough to enforce or Police the lockdown, other countries such as France have the Gendarmerie to back up the police.

• Like 1

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"