Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 119 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

31 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

I deal with lots of supposedly intelligent people through my work. I'm sure that a significant number of the people are incapable of tying their own shoe laces, they are certainly incapable of taking low impact action, decisions, accountability or responsibility. These are muppets and represent a significant proportion of the supposedly "brighter" citizens in the country.

Getting tired of the constant criticsm of Government. Do you really honestly think you would do a better job? Make better decisions? Be more accountable? Or given the ramifications of any decisions around COVID struggle? They're only human, not superheroes with enhanced DNA etc.

I save a lot of my frustrations for those making shit loads of money out of this. Like many GPs. We all know they have been doing less due to Covid but their income has not been hugely impacted by this lower workload. Now they are being paid £12.58 for each COVID vaccination they do so being paid extra to use spare capacity they have already been paid for. What a great scam! They should only be paid extra for EXTRA capacity they employ.

I understand your frustrations as well as having a pop at GPS why don’t we have a pop at the government pals, mates who where handed the dodgy million pounds worth of contracts on PPE and many other things, now that’s a shit loads of money. As for criticism of the government, yes it is hard in these unprecedented times, but we do have by far the highest excess death toll in Europe, the deepest recession in the G7 and let’s not forget the undefendale actions of the top adviser Mr Cummins early in the pandemic blatantly breaking his own and the government restrictions which opened the floodgates for even more fools to follow in his footsteps. So yes people have the right to question the government. When we come out of this terrible pandemic there needs to independent inquiry and lean from our mistakes in which there as many.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
38 minutes ago, scotty435 said:

When we come out of this terrible pandemic there needs to independent inquiry and lean from our mistakes in which there as many.

We’ve had some fantastic public enquiries - Iraq, grenfell, grooming gangs etc etc..... all really make a massive difference 😳 - well normally to the bank balance of those on the gravy train - oh and it’s often best not to let the truth get in the way

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

Only here once

2 hours ago, PaulCP said:

Starmer’s comments yesterday were unbelievable.

”I support the action being taken but millions are going to be heartbroken having their Xmas plans ripped up. I am particularly frustrated about this since I only raised the question (of not imposing stricter Xmas plans) on Weds and the PM was dismissive of this and insisted that people should have a good Xmas and then only 3 days later rips their plans apart”

Hmmm, so it was ok to rip the pans apart 3 days ago but not now. What a moron this guy is, I actually believe he is worse than Corbyn. 

Captain Hindsight

General Indecision 

• Like 1

Well, after yesterday's announcement I take back my comments about BoJo, he has made a bold decision by cutting the period of eased restrictions and cutting them altogether for South East & London etc. So, he's made a decision that will be unpopular but is necessary. It is unfortunate that expectations were initially set higher and not retracted earlier but if they didn't know at the time there was a more virulent strain, then I cannot blame them.

Now we just need people to actually do the right thing and both stay within the rules and follow the guidance, oh well, little hope of that then.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

To be fair everyone I have spoken to today is not having anyone over on Christmas, even my MIL has decided to stay at home. We will deliver her a dinner but the right decision as she is 91. 

I am going to spend most of the day coming up with painful ways to kill Mr Starmer 

Laura Kuenssberg nearly got my boot through the TV screen yesterday. I can only imagine she's after inserting herself into the recently-vacated post of Captain Hindsight.

8 minutes ago, Dan E said:

To be fair everyone I have spoken to today is not having anyone over on Christmas, even my MIL has decided to stay at home. We will deliver her a dinner but the right decision as she is 91. 

I am going to spend most of the day coming up with painful ways to kill Mr Starmer 

There's a queue.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

2 hours ago, andydclements said:

but if they didn't know at the time there was a more virulent strain, then I cannot blame them.

The new strain that was identified in September.......

• Like 1

Dave.

• Gold FFM

Said on the bbc earlier it was a mutant strain. Must be bad that.

anyway - upto 70% more transmissible - which means the heard immunity will come about faster and the virus burn out faster.

• Like 1

Only here once

Identified in September. Coded in October. It was only last week that the increased transmission levels were identified and linked to the rising cases in the south. 

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

10 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

You eat pasta and toilet roll for crimbo dinner @march 😳

No we are OK for toilet roll Barry, we still have some left from the first lockdown 🤪. It's the Brussel sprouts that have got me worried.

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM

Thing is, if the BBC and the rest of them just carried on as usual there would be no panic buying. But they have to roll out the panic buying food shortage line to generate some more headlines and drama.

Does anyone know why the mutant strain might be 70% more infectious? There must be a reason. I am sure that the vast majority of people in Kent would have been following the same virus prevention measures as the rest of the UK, but whereas most areas had new case numbers falling during lockdown 2, theirs continued to rise. Could it be something simple like it lives longer on objects, or it maybe it is resistant to soap when washing hands? Either way, things aren’t looking very rosey at the moment.

Just to add. I went with the wife for my annual supermarket trip to Asda this morning. I was fearing the worst, but it was absolutely fine. Plenty of parking. No queues. Well stocked shelves, we even bought some bog roll. The only thing missing was Stilton, but she got that from the local deli on the way home.

Flu vaccine: if you are over 50, you should get a flu jab (lowered from 64 in CV-19 era). My GP surgery did not contact me. I booked on-line with Boots Chemist, just had it done and it is free. I have not previously had a flu jab annually.

NHS advise is that if you are over 50 and get CV-19 and flu, you will be seriously ill.

Justin

• Like 1