Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 161 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

2 hours ago, Buddsy said:

@Sparky Do you still have mates who work for BA and know any inside info about the 4 BA Pilots who died in the last week?

The factcheckers says its nothing to do with having the VAX...so Im pretty sure its going to be something to do with the VAX.

There has been a lot of chatter about people who have had the jab no being able to fly as they get are getting grouped into the people at risk of blood clots who are not allowed to fly.

Spain & Russia are recommending people who have been vaccinated not to fly. If true could be disaster for BA as 90% of their crew have had the jab.

Anyways in other news

British researchers call on govt to halt use of Vaccine immediately

The enlarging of children's hearts is quite a alarming...dont mention Christian Eriksen :secret:

buddsy (your favorite tin foil hat wearing nut job who keeps pointing out those niggling inconvenient things that just dont seem to end)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_America_News_Network

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, Buddsy said:

There has been a lot of chatter about people who have had the jab no being able to fly as they get are getting grouped into the people at risk of blood clots who are not allowed to fly.

Buddy of mine who’s an A&E consultant has confirmed to me and makes no bones about the huge exponential rise in blood clots they are seeing. Clots are also a side effect of CV though - and vaccines basically trick the bodies response - hence the increase in blood clots.

flying ? Hmm DVT - anyone remember the massive panic over that about 20years ago.

Only here once

4 hours ago, 100th_Idiot said:

And global travel was huge back then. Much easier than today

Actually yes it was. Really. No queing at airport immigration. Passports arbitrary. Nowhere off limits. Can't wait to go back to the good old days.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

13 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Buddy of mine who’s an A&E consultant has confirmed to me and makes no bones about the huge exponential rise in blood clots they are seeing. Clots are also a side effect of CV though - and vaccines basically trick the bodies response - hence the increase in blood clots.

flying ? Hmm DVT - anyone remember the massive panic over that about 20years ago.

been wearing tights ever since 😆

• Gold FFM

Exercises to assist with avoiding DVT was given to us when we flew from Melbourne to Canada and Melbourne to the UK for holidays. All in the last 8 years. More access to long haul flights will invariably result in more episodes of DVT I would think?

I checked with my doctor re clots and the vaccines as I am on a blood thinner after my stroke. I asked whether that would lessen my risk of a clot. He said no as the mechanism for forming a clot from any of the vaccines occurs via a different mechanism.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Agreed.  Long before the furore about AZ clots etc - indeed before vaccines were released - I suggested exactly this to a friend of mine in NHS hospital management. She told me her trust had seen a huge increase in admissions for DVT (non-virus related) compared to the previous year.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

How come the Scottish and English football teams haven't got to isolate after a Scottish player who played on Sunday has tested positive

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

2 hours ago, pete said:

How come the Scottish and English football teams haven't got to isolate after a Scottish player who played on Sunday has tested positive

Cos they played on Friday? 😄

Dave.

Probably down to age again. Being older you are more likely to have had at least one vaccine but still statically more likely to die. It may also be some of the older population who haven't taken up the jab now finally getting caught up by the more virulent version.

• Gold FFM
  • Like 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

@Buddsy When looking at the Technical Briefing 17 document and the number of deaths bear in mind that the deaths being reported are for any one who has died within 28 days of positive specimen date. This means those deaths may not be from Covid-19 and you would naturally find the number of deaths in the 50 plus age group exceed that of the below 50 age group.

• Gold FFM

Maybe new variants will present themselves when they (the virues) need new hosts.

Possibly, with such a large percentage of the Indian population (circa. 65%) aged between 15-64 years old, the Delta(India) variant has mutated to fit inside new, younger hosts.

With this in mind, is it possible that this would increase infection rates - but not necessarily serious illness - amongst younger people acreoss the globe?

As reported - those with at least 1 jab are much less susceptible to SERIOUS illness.

5 hours ago, chipp said:

Probably down to age again. Being older you are more likely to have had at least one vaccine but still statically more likely to die. It may also be some of the older population who haven't taken up the jab now finally getting caught up by the more virulent version.

@Buddsy , same as @chipp said.

It's really a case of needing to spot the difference between cause, effect and sometimes coincidence.  I'm sure that (before COVID) the statistics would suggest that there's a higher rate of deaths in people that have been to see their GP in the 28 days before death, than those who hadn't been to see their GP. Does that mean you die because of going to see your GP? No. It means that some people who feel unwell, go to see their GP but of those some will die. Most winters (last two were different because we as a population behaved differently, and lots had already died) we see lots of deaths from influenza. Elderly and certain other groups qualify for an NHS vaccine for the expected types of flu, but still lots of those who die will have had the vaccine. It's only when proper analysis is done that you can tell that the 'flu vaccine probably cut the deaths.

Same is true of COVID and people more likely to have at least one vaccine  are in the high risk groups, a few weeks ago it was almost exclusively the high risk groups who would have had two jabs. A 90yr old who's had both jabs for COVID is probably (guessing based what I remember of the stats) still more likely to die if they catch it, then an otherwise healthy 18yr old who's not had any COVID jab. 

Edited by andydclements

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, andydclements said:

It's really a case of needing to spot the difference between cause, effect and sometimes coincidence. 

Or - between bullshit, spin, hysteria, statistics and facts.

Only here once

Unfortunately, social media has become more infectious than Covid.
It is amazing how many believe “what Mary down the street posts on Facebook, because she knows everything”

It’s amazing now quickly the UK Government has changed tack since the 4 week pause was announced. First Matt Hancock was shown getting jiggy with his aide. Now Sajid Javid seems to think that all’s rosey in the Garden of Covid.

When Boris announced the delay 2 weeks ago, there were 1135 people in hospital for CV-19 related illness. Now there are 1505. Daily new case numbers are ballooning (up from 7742 then to 22868 now) and the daily number of vaccinations is falling rather than ramping up as promised, so I can only see the number of hospitalisations going up. So if the current rules are not stopping the spread of the Delta variant, then what can we expect when all restrictions have ended?

• Sad 1