Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 197 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

18 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

If those numbers are indeed the truth @ChrisJ - and I suspect that they probably are - then that’s kinda what I expected to see.

I know loads of people who’ve had covid - and know of plenty whom have indeed succumbed to covid. However all have had serious underlying issues and would have died regardless of covid. Yep - utterly unscientific - yes some may find the mere suggestion of that offensive - so I will offer my unreserved apologies for that. It doesn’t appear to have been the mass extinction of the human race that many thought.

My point has always been about the gradual erosion of our freedoms, discrimination against those whom choose not to be vaccinated and the big frightening headline numbers that could well be to justify the response. Some may indeed quote WHO reporting methodology etc - and many in the media have speculated about the Chinese lying about death rates. Maybe they haven’t been fibbing that much after all?

If those numbers are indeed the truth @ChrisJ - and I suspect that they probably are - then that’s kinda what I expected to see. Funny how government figures are the truth when you think they say what you want them to ....

Just check out all those 'serious underlying issues' you describe (the data is all in the linked spreadsheet in the post above)  - many are very common such as obesity and blood pressure, and many of us on here will have them and live with them for many more years with good quality of life. It was never going to be a mass extinction event - not sure where you read that scare story ?

No need to be 'unscientific' when the evidence is in the very link you are commenting on.

On 13/01/2022 at 15:14, C8RKH said:

The graphs don't seem to justify the restrictions we have now, to me.

In England - what restrictions ?

• Like 2

Good point @gregs24, I live in Scotland so think about local restrictions we are still quite strict right now.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

38 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Good point @gregs24, I live in Scotland so think about local restrictions we are still quite strict right now.

Ahh OK

Yes, and questionable whether those restrictions in Scotland have actually done anything useful compared to England. Personally believe England got it right (but was a riskier strategy)

3 minutes ago, ChrisJ said:

My mother is a Royalist and Boris fan - she is in a right pickle now 🤣

All this hiding behind Sue Gray’s investigation: the shear number of parties (14 to date) means this could go on for ages. No. 10 is probably hoping it will eventually blow over. Can’t imagine any of this happening if Teresa May was still at the helm.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

All this hiding behind Sue Gray’s investigation: the shear number of parties (14 to date) means this could go on for ages. No. 10 is probably hoping it will eventually blow over. Can’t imagine any of this happening if Teresa May was still at the helm.

You would think when the first 2 or 3 'parties' were discovered that the best thing to do was to come clean on all the others rather than pretend they didn't exist. Every time another one is discovered it brings it all back to the fore. Hopeless management of a bad situation.

• Like 1

I have some sympathy with the Fri early evening drinks though, provided that it was the same people who were working together.

Fri late afternoon/early evening drinks in London and many other parts of the country are the norm, it was just that the Downing Street staff could not work from home like most were being asked to do due to the type of work they are involved with.

What really fcuks me off though is the constant lengthy BBC highlighting of it. Laura Iceberg is back in her elements. Other news channels don’t appear to be banging on about it as much as the extremely biased BBC. 
I’ve seen numerous photos of Starmer sat having a drink with his staff but not once to my knowledge has the disgraceful Unbritish Broadcasting Corporation reported on that! 

I really wish that we had journalists who were good at doing some real investigative journalism. I’m sure that loud mouths Blackford and Raynor must have some skeletons in the cupboard that they could be silenced with. We already know Starmer’s previous failings and really no one takes him seriously, he’s just a puppy’s puppet

If the BBC were really that biased against Johnson they would have exposed the parties when they actually occurred , not 2 years later . (Or are we expected to believe that a 100 upper - class guests close to government at one party alone have no friends or contacts in broadcasting ? ) 

It doesn't feel like balanced reporting when they have both reporters and guests who have documented 'form' on Lockdown breaches sanctimoniously judging others behaviour.   But I do agree that it has shown unbelievable political naivety from BJ.

Is anyone aware that a migrant died trying to cross the channel yesterday?   How is the endless regurgitation of 'partygate' more important than that and many other news stories that are simply disappearing under the media frenzy to topple BJ.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, basalte said:

If the BBC were really that biased against Johnson they would have exposed the parties when they actually occurred , not 2 years later . (Or are we expected to believe that a 100 upper - class guests close to government at one party alone have no friends or contacts in broadcasting ? ) 

Maybe the scheming low life Cummings has only just released the info 🤔

A party with a 100 people in the Prime Minister’s back garden in central London ? Hmmmm…and as for “ Take Back Control “ Cummings , Johnson hired him in the first place . Perhaps an “error of judgement “? ( if that politician’s phrase were a car tyre it would be bald by now !) 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, basalte said:

A party with a 100 people in the Prime Minister’s back garden in central London

I don't want to be seen to be defending the indefensible, but in the interests of accuracy, I understood, from media reports, that there were around 30+ attendees and BJ doesn't actually live in the flat above the 10 downing Street office complex.   

Doesn't it seem odd that there has not been a single egregious breach, by members of any other political party or media organisation?   Personally, I don't think I know anybody that hasn't broken/bent the rules over the last 2 years.  Can you put your hand on your heart and say that you never have?          

52 minutes ago, 910Esprit said:

I don't want to be seen to be defending the indefensible, but in the interests of accuracy, I understood, from media reports, that there were around 30+ attendees and BJ doesn't actually live in the flat above the 10 downing Street office complex.   

Doesn't it seem odd that there has not been a single egregious breach, by members of any other political party or media organisation?   Personally, I don't think I know anybody that hasn't broken/bent the rules over the last 2 years.  Can you put your hand on your heart and say that you never have?          

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/national/uk-today/19847487.keir-starmer-allegedly-caught-drinking-staff-members-lockdown/

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

I’m not here to defend Surrender Starmer for one minute but he is not the Prime Minister . He has no legislative power . What he does wrong is therefore entirely irrelevant here . “ Whataboutery “ is inappropriate . I did obey lockdown rules as it happens - I’m an oldish guy in a nice house (with a nice wife ) so it was easy for me . 
No point defending Johnson - he has a proven documented record of lying longer than anyone here’s arm . 

• Thanks 1

• Gold FFM

Isn'yt it funny how different countries have different views of politicians not of their country.

I will admit that I don'y pay enough attention to them, I am not much on any of them, but the only real opinion I have of Boris was the interview from Top Gear where he tied Clarkson tied up in knots. Over pushbikes if I recall correctly.

And yet the feeling on here is that Boris appears to be much like every other politician.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Don’t take my word for it - take Conservatives Max Hastings , Peter Oborne and Michael Howard’s words for it . Not only that but politicians often lie themselves out of a tight spot - the difference here is that they know it’s wrong and try to cover up . Johnson does not even bother to cover it up .