Coronavirus - Page 47 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

Meanwhile, in Sweden live goes on as normal

image.jpeg.ebafbaca33ae05c92e45ed731103dca9.jpeg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Meanwhile, in Sweden live goes on as normal

image.jpeg.ebafbaca33ae05c92e45ed731103dca9.jpeg

For how much longer the question must be.

7 minutes ago, scotty435 said:

For how much longer the question must be.

Valhalla awaits all those Swedes who die with a G&T or summer berry Cider in their hands......

50 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

The daily death toll in the UK is staggering. It equates to 3 fully loaded Boeing 737s crashing every day! We are sure to see a reduction in population this year.

And then a baby boom will start for around 6 months in January 2021 to redress the balance. There is only so much twiddling with the knob on the game controller that you can do before you start to twiddle your .......

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

3 hours ago, Jacques said:

I have been told by someone who works in the City that China have ordered 1.3 million urns!

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

I managed to find this photo of @Dan Egoing home after his first night shift volunteering as a nurse and lecky for the NHS. He looks a bit rough, but to be fair he probably hasn’t lifted so much as a screwdriver in years. Hopefully the wiring can be sorted once the fire’s out.

186C5248-AA9D-4A6A-AC4B-BC274375BBCB.jpeg

To be fair I put the face on in the dark and that looks better than most of our finished jobs! Normally there would be a client in the background with an axe and swivelling eyes! 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, red vtec said:

I have been told by someone who works in the City that China have ordered 1.3 million urns!

There are 1.3bn people in China, 20% of the planets population. About a million people die every single day over there without any COVID19 input.

• Like 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

1 hour ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

The daily death toll in the UK is staggering. It equates to 3 fully loaded Boeing 737s crashing every day! We are sure to see a reduction in population this year.

Boeing couldn’t match it even with 737s.

Margate Exotics.

4 minutes ago, Bibs said:

There are 1.3bn people in China, 20% of the planets population. About a million people die every single day over there without any COVID19 input.

I think this was for just one provence.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

36 minutes ago, Bibs said:

China had about 7 deaths per 1000 population,  so with 1.2 billion people that's 8 million a year,  about 20,000 a day - that's a lot of urns .

Makes their cv19 toll look tiny,  about one death in 20.

In the UK we have 9 deaths per 1000, almost half a million deaths a year, over 1000 a day,  so our current cv19 count is about one in three.

I think we might be using different methods.

If you die with cv19 in the UK, it's counted - I believe even if you fell down the stairs.

31 minutes ago, tom kilner said:

China had about 7 deaths per 1000 population,  so with 1.2 billion people that's 8 million a year,  about 20,000 a day - that's a lot of urns .

Makes their cv19 toll look tiny,  about one death in 20.

In the UK we have 9 deaths per 1000, almost half a million deaths a year, over 1000 a day,  so our current cv19 count is about one in three.

I think we might be using different methods.

If you die with cv19 in the UK, it's counted - I believe even if you fell down the stairs.

China barricaded people in their homes if they showed symptoms but didn't test for COVID. I don't think they counted home deaths. Only deaths in hospital that were tested for COVID

1 hour ago, 100th_Idiot said:

China barricaded people in their homes if they showed symptoms but didn't test for COVID. I don't think they counted home deaths. Only deaths in hospital that were tested for COVID

So maybe their deaths figure of 4000 is the excess over expected?, still,  that's 20,000 a day for 3 months, Well over a million,  making the cv19 percentage tiny.

Seems the Chinese state and media wanted low numbers,  but our click- hungry media want large ones.

I imagine we are somewhere in the middle.

5 hours ago, Bibs said:

We usually have about a 9 in 1,000 death toll per year, so about 600,000 people annually or 1,650 a day so it's up 33% or so currently. 

The death rate varies from year to year, more so from month to month and quite a lot week to week; in the first 11 weeks of this year we were had over 5000 less deaths than the average of the last 5 years.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/file?uri=%2fpeoplepopulationandcommunity%2fbirthsdeathsandmarriages%2fdeaths%2fdatasets%2fweeklyprovisionalfiguresondeathsregisteredinenglandandwales%2f2020/publishedweek112020.xls

18 minutes ago, sailorbob said:

The death rate varies from year to year, more so from month to month and quite a lot week to week; in the first 11 weeks of this year we were had over 5000 less deaths than the average of the last 5 years.

So add some extras in the following few weeks and the stats still look normal.

Except the cause of death...

10 hours ago, dave excell said:

Where did the V8 block appear from I got mine on eBay? I have the glass top but that's as far as its got. See you Christmas if Covid 19 doesn't

get me first. 

Might I suggest some reading material:

SnW3.jpg

• Like 1

Mike

'97 V8

'73 Europa TC

'10 Elise SC

I have the glass top and a few ideas. Thanks for the tip.

Next on the agenda is the V8 front suspension overhaul. I have just ordered a sand blast cabinet but require the local galvanizing units to be working before re bushing  the wishbones. No point in rebuilding without that, as the last time the paint was gone after the first winter.

Everybody keep safe