Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 61 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

• Gold FFM

Who doesn't love a good conspiracy. Grab some of your favourite beverage and a ton of popcorn and watch this. Tin foil hat optional.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/coronavirusfilm?utm_source=Epoch_Times&utm_medium=Banner

China's Chernobyl?

Signature not working...

@C8RKH Why do you think we now live in Norfolk (although to be fair I was born and grew up locally!). Parts of the North are just as bonkers. We moved from the Ilkley area as we couldn't afford to locally upgrade. Life without motorways and Cities full of people has much to recommend it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

• Gold FFM

Very impressive indeed! When I watched him on the news yesterday he had just passed £5m. To have reached £14m is awesome and I think he'll pass even more than that.

Signature not working...

5 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Anti-capitalism Greeting Cards | Fine Art America

This virus should be called CoVisa19 as I've just made my 19th non essential purchase!  Looking forward to receiving my new halo rear lights from Gregs Race Parts in a few week. Should really sharpen up the rear end of the 410.

I've saved on spending moeny, not buting stuff I don't really need. I onsly bought food and some hard needed Lotus Esprit parts. See, that was easy.

Kind regards,

jacques

• Like 1

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

Can't help but think it isnt necessary to fly workers in from Romania at this time. Instead of hiring planes why not hire coaches to bring out of work UK residents to the farms.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/fruit-pickers-flown-romania-amid-21876995

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, Bibs said:

Totally agree @Bibsif everyone on TLF put in £10 in the next 24hrs how much would it be? All sign it from TLF, I haven’t donated yet but will 

maybe new thread and everyone put from The Lotus Forums 

As Denmark opened up apprx. half of the school classes last Tuesday, they are now talking about opening up even more, like small shops - hairdressers etc. earlier than first predicted. Hope it doesn't backfire. But at least a small degree of return to normality. Around 12 people die of the chinese virus every day here. And patients in respirators are slowly lowering day by day, to "only" 72 today, Thursday.

Kind regards,

Jacques

Today dentists, hairdressers and many other small private shops can reopen. Extra precaution is needed doing their service.

All bars, café's etc. are still closen down.

Kind regards,

jacques

13 hours ago, andydclements said:

I found this hilarious, look at 5:30  onward in the video about one person who tried to price gouge some people but failed.

Im surprised the hoarder didn't try and flog the toilet paper back to china like the CCP loyalists in Australia.. yep its a real thing

I’m with you on the “what’s the exit strategy?” thing. Every journalist is asking every Minister the same thing over and over again. The Government reported 861 deaths and 4618 new confirmed cases of CV-19 yesterday. We could be right at the peak now. People listening to the journalists are probably thinking it’s all done and dusted, so let’s all get back to normal. I did notice that the road traffic numbers went up sharply for the first time  in yesterday’s briefing, so that’s not a good sign.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulCP said:

....I haven’t looked at the figures but wouldn’t the number of cases as a % of the population be a more meaningful statistic. Although, thinking about it, probably not since the figures ignore all of those who had it and were not tested & confirmed

Yes, and the fact that we are focusing testing far more on those that are ill to determine the cause of illness will mean our rates for positive results will be skewed against other countries where testing has been more widespread.

Completely agree regards "What's the exit strategy..." that the question seems to be just a way for the media to say "see, the gov't don't know " , the questions could be more useful if it was Do you have an exist strategy that takes account of the most likely outcomes of the lockdown? or just asking when they'll have the strategy.

I think the problem here is that essentially there is no significant change day to day whilst we're in this lock down/waiting stage, which leaves the media hunting for something to report on and try to make a story of.

Don't get me wrong, this is all important stuff for sure but every day the media continue to ask about PPE, deaths in nursing homes etc as if nobody is doing anything about it. Sometimes they just look like a dog with a bone...

Piers Morgan seems especially good at asking the same question over and over, even after the interviewee has either answered it or said they don't have the answer yet... Hence I'm tending to avoid GMB.

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

Perhaps we should have a wager on how many times the journalists say the words “exit strategy” and “care homes PPE” in today’s briefing. It’s quite comical when they switch from one reporter to another and the questions are invariably the same. Perhaps they should check with each other before they go on air? Would be nice to start with someone other than the BBC (seems to always be Laura Kuensberg first on weekdays and Hugh Pym at weekends).

18 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Perhaps we should have a wager on how many times the journalists say the words “exit strategy” and “care homes PPE” in today’s briefing. It’s quite comical when they switch from one reporter to another and the questions are invariably the same. Perhaps they should check with each other before they go on air? Would be nice to start with someone other than the BBC (seems to always be Laura Kuensberg first on weekdays and Hugh Pym at weekends).

I only watch the bit with Govt minister and the experts, the journalists just ask the same thing again and again. Kuensberg was trying to push for an end date. The minister was basically saying "I cant give you as we don't know and if I give you one we don't hit, you will say I lied" 

• Like 1

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

I think that they should only take questions once per week. It is clearly evident that these “journalists” have prepared their questions before the ministers’ daily briefing and, even though their question has been answered in the briefing, they ask it anyway.

I long for the day that a minister has the balls to reply “I’ve already covered that, didn’t you listen to what I just said? move on, next please”

• Like 2

I already know what Kuensberg’s first question will be on Friday 1 May. She’s written it down already and booked her slot at the briefing.

”So Secretary of State, back on 2nd of April, you announced a target of 100,000 Coronavirus tests per day by the end of April. According to the figures published today, only (insert here) tests were actually carried out yesterday. Did you lie to the country? Will you now be handing in your resignation to the Prime Minister?”

She must be wetting herself with excitement.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am amazed at the tolerance, of not only the ministers but the medical & scientific experts who have to answer the same questions from these journalists day in & day out. The one who drives me to want to hit the off button is that droning, err, umm, err, Robert Peston.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kuesnberg and Preston are the worst, partly due to the fact they are almost brands.  more interested in saying look at me for asking that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"