Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 73 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

• Gold FFM

@C8RKH It’s cos you are old and cantankerous  with a complete lack of empathy while being slightly pudgy...

which possibly explains why I agree with you

• Love 1

Only here once

My kid's school haven't been able to do online learning due to a) not having the time to investigate properly (you've had 8 weeks FFS), and then b) safeguarding issues. (FFS again).

I put a rocket up there arses earlier this week*, and they are now starting online classes with Google Classroom.

* I basically told them that they were lazy f**kers all setting 6 week coursework, and that they need to get to be "Teachers" and interact with the kids - we have had 1 phone call for each child (Y7 & Y10) in the 8 weeks of lockdown, absolutely pathetic.

• Confused 1

And they wonder why increasingly children, and many of their parents, do not have many good things to say about them. Their response in your instance above is just pathetic and they should be ashamed to call themselves professional. And whilst they have been, I am sure many of them at least, doing fook all they've happily taken their salaries and benefits.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

I’m simply at a loss as to why the bbc haven’t been instructed to deliver lessons on the red button service. We have a national curriculum which nearly all kids follow. A simple set of programmed lessons would have filled a massive gap for many.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Only here once

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

So given that move by the BBC (thanks for sharing @pete) there could and is not any real defence for teachers and schools (and parents) to not have stepped up in parallel to continue to provide the service that they are paid to deliver (Teachers) or funded to deliver (Schools) to the pupils that they owe a duty of care to support.  This just further supports my view that they are indeed, in many cases (but not all of course) not worthy to be called professionals!

As for Piers Morgan, he is in many ways, a Twat. However, even Twats have a right to be heard, as if not, then almost half (at least) of our Politicians would be silenced and I'd be banned from TLF.

It should not be people who disagree with what he says to protest to, and get him, shut up. That is censorship and against the principle of freedom of speech.

However, what people can choose to do is to not listen to him. To turn over the TV channel, or better still, to turn off the TV. I have never actually watched a programme that he hosts on anything on any channel. Though I have read some of the things he has said, and whilst I do not agree with the majority, he has made some good points on some topics although often in a controversial manner.

By doing so they will be sending a clear signal that his views are not shared and ultimately his employers will decide whether they wish to keep him on or not.

It's a bit like why I have never bought a copy of the Sun for over 20 years. They behaved like twats. They spread disinformation. And so I, like many thousands of others took a decision to ignore that paper. It is still around as others have obviously a different view.

• Haha 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Well in defence of the Teachers and the BBC, my daughter has regularly  received lessons on line from her school and has been provided with links to various academic books etc and has been phoned regularly by her teachers. Likewise, other colleagues of mine who have kids, have had no complaints - so although I accept there may well  be instances where the school isn't doing a reasonable job - it may well be these are in the minority.

As for Piers Morgan - he's certainly a controversial character - but the very few times that I've ever him (what admittedly isn't very often) he does appear to be able to back up his arguments with at least some research and wide read point of view (whether or not you particularly agree with it) - and not the narrow minded ignorance of some self proclaimed 'experts' - who heads permanently seemed stuck up their own backsides and get so many basic fundamentals of there so claimed field of expertise wrong. For instance his 'spat' with Dr Shola Mos-Shogbamimu.

However, I don't like the way he approaches his task. He seems to have a rather infantile mentality - that is to try and 'bait', goad and insult, rather than present his arguments in a more considered and constructive manner. Indeed the way that he resorts to insults at a drop of a hat may demonstrate that he has some serious psychological issues, and needs help with anger management.

So from that perspective - he's a rather sad and pathetic character;  and I guess I should feel some pity for.

The timing is though, that what he's alway been like - and GMB knew what they were getting when they took him on - and indeed the viewers must know what they going to get when they chose to watch.

I appreciate that people do have a right to complain - indeed its good that we have the opportunity so to do - but I can't but help wonder why they tune-in - and not turn over and watch one of the other channels instead?

Edited by KAS-118

Anyway - enough about Piers and his personality problem(s).

I see the UK are backing calls for an Investigation into the source of Coronavirus. https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/uk-backs-calls-for-coronavirus-investigation-xwtrzxv38 although I would have thought it was obviously needed. 

And no one is saying or has said that "some teachers" do not take their responsibility seriously. But that does not mean that ALL teachers have taken their responsibility seriously.

Amongst my colleagues with kids the view is mixed. Some are really happy with how their kids schools and teachers have responded. And some are spitting feathers at the lack of support for their kids.

However, go back and review the attitude of the Danish teacher in the BBC Breakfast piece last week, and then at the average view from a UK teacher.  It says a lot not just about teachers but about the Danish view on life to the UK one. Hell, they even had a kid climbing a tree in the playground in Denmark, god help them if they did that in the UK thanks to trendy left (a lot of whom are teachers) and their drive to the nanny state.

The small print.

• Gold FFM

Don’t you just really want to land on Park Lane and Mayfair 🤣

A7962BDB-75C7-4553-B16B-041A85178A9E.jpeg

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM

Has anyone here been Tested yet?

Had a letter arrive in the post yesterday with an NHS stamp on the envelope. Opened it and it said I’ve been randomly chosen to do a Covid19 Test. If I want to I need to go online and register (did that) and a home testing kit arrived today.

First thing it said was before testing go online again and book the Courier (no charge) to pick it up. Do Test (instructions and utube tutorials) put in fridge in sealed container/sealed bag/sealed box and wait for Courier to pick up.

Although all very simple to do and no idea how many people will be/have been picked like this, or been to a drive in test, half of me thinks great, that’s that done but these tests for everyone are only as correct/good as the day they are done. 
Obviously nothing to say I might catch it tonight.

The NHS staff and high risk should be having this Test ideally every week.

• Like 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I don't know how frequently but see below.  I do think again that people are expecting miracles and need to realise just how much has been done in a small period of time across many fronts, not just testing. Could things have been done better? Absolutely. But it's easy to pick up and throw stones. Not so easy to heal the wounds afterwards. After all, some people in the UK seem to struggle just to get enough motivation to get and up dressed each day looking at those, and their children, that I see in the supermarkets in their fooking jarmies!

Testing in England and Scotland has been limited to people with symptoms who are key workers and their families, hospital patients, care home residents, over-65s and those who need to leave home to work.

In Wales and Northern Ireland it is just key workers, hospital workers and care home residents.

It is a significant milestone - in less than two months the UK has gone from only being able to test hospital patients and health and care staff to offering it more or less population-wide.

The small print.

To be fair to him this was shown to be completely untrue and a collection of out of context sound bites used to make political gain. They were subsequently removed.

Edited by Bibs
  • Like 2

• Gold FFM

@mayevora Ian, is that the new antibody test initiative?  I believe they were going to randomly test 20000.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Not really though is it. He was in charge of the cps at that time and did nothing when the opportunity was there. 

Only here once

• Gold FFM

No mate just the Covid19 (have you had it) test.

AF6FEBFE-0884-4301-820F-0E65701D26C2.jpeg