Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 85 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

Hahaha. Yeah. That way they'll all get Covid!  Silly boy...

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Today’s topic in the UK is going to be schools from September (staggered start times, class bubbles etc.) BBC Breakfast had an Education expert on this morning to discuss this. A parent sent in a question regarding school buses. The expert had no idea how this could be resolved and explained that some schools were already paying taxi companies to bring some kids in from rural areas! Surely this is the easiest thing in the world to sort out? Here’s a few options off the top of my head:

1) run an extra bus on each route

2) use the same bus to run the route twice, in line with the new staggered start times. That old bus will only be sitting in the depot each day until 3pm anyway.

3) just make the kids wear face masks and hope for the best. They’re going to sit together anyway.

4) let the parents take responsibility for getting their kids to school, whether by car, bike or on foot, if they don’t want to use the bus.

Edited by LotusLeftLotusRight
  • Like 1

Oh and another thing. During all the public self-flagellation about BLM last month, this report seemed to get swept under the carpet. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53097676

Basically a huge UK research project showed that only South Asians from the BAME community are at more risk of dying in hospital from CV-19 than the rest of us. South Asians are 20% more likely to die than people from other backgrounds. The risk to black, white and other ethnic groups of dying from CV-19 in hospital is the same.

This may also partly be behind the thinking of lockdowns in Leicester and potentially Bradford next, due to their large South Asian communities.

After just 30 minutes of being open, all of the picnic tables In the large pub beer garden next door are full. It’s not even a nice day: overcast and very windy. Mainly millennial geezers. They’re all on a mission to get hammered. 

I'll have you know they are not all nuts. How dare you!  I love nuts - walnuts, brazil nuts, peanuts.

What you saw there was something called "tossers" - usually male, usually behind the steering wheel. With muppets in the front seats beside them.

I can't believe that on day 1 EVERYONE it would seem has decided to go on holiday. I bet half of those in the queue have been furloughed for three months and are still furloughed so they've been on holiday for months anyway!

Watch the virus spike. Watch the deaths rise. Then listen to the tossers and muppets scream about how crap the government is. How it's all the governments fault. And it's far too dangerous for them to send little Pale Ale and his sister Chardonnay, or whatever tossers and muppets name their children these days, to school.

I could scream abd scream. Instead, I've ended my alcohol drought and opened a nice bottle of Chablis...  Chin chin...

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

That’s the point @C8RKH, if they can go to the pub, go on hols,, go & crowd out beaches on warm sunny days then they should also be going to work and the kids to school. Just taking the piss out of the furlough scheme now & the teachers with their extended holidays on full pay.

Really pisses me off that all this can now be done but I can’t see the physio I need to see because they are not allowed one to one contact yet. Totally absurd :wallbash:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

They’re like wild animals freed from the zoo around here. Non stop drinking from midday and driving their cars. Still hard at it outside. They moved many of the remotely located picnic tables together to make nice big Coronavirus groups. It’s much worse than even I expected and I am used to these idiots. I am sure they’ll be plenty in A&E tonight. Great Britain indeed.

1 hour ago, PaulCP said:

Really pisses me off that all this can now be done but I can’t see the physio I need to see because they are not allowed one to one contact yet. Totally absurd :wallbash:

Someone's being unhelpful.  My wife has seen a physio 3 times since the start of lockdown.  The practice was shut for a while but was later allowed to open.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

20 hours ago, PaulCP said:

My osteopath has been open and treating me throughout lockdown .. permitted as essential medical service

Surprised it’s not the same for physiotherapists 

• Gold FFM

Maybe she has to rub herself?

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

2 hours ago, SFO said:

My osteopath has been open and treating me throughout lockdown .. permitted as essential medical service

Surprised it’s not the same for physiotherapists 

I think it depends on how urgent they perceive the need to be & because I am supposed to be shielding they appear to be ultra cautious 

1 hour ago, Chillidoggy said:

My wife was offered a telephone consultation for physio. Not sure how that would work.

I’ve had 2 of those, complete waste of time. Hoping to finally get a face to face appointment late next week 🤞

On 05/07/2020 at 14:42, PaulCP said:

I think it depends on how urgent they perceive the need to be & because I am supposed to be shielding they appear to be ultra cautious 

I’ve had 2 of those, complete waste of time. Hoping to finally get a face to face appointment late next week 🤞

I can see it now for a male remote physical. Doctor asks you to stand in front of your laptop ,lift a testicle and turn your head and cough and tell him what you feel.  🤣

Edited by comem47