Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
S4S info - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

S4S info

NiallEvo

Hello. I'm new around here but would like to change that. I definitely want to buy a later Esprit and I think an S4S would be the best option for me. I used to monitor the esprit market quite closely but 6 years of Noble/TVR ownership have distracted me from this. I see there are currently no S4Ss for sale and wondered if anyone could give me an idea how recent prices have been. Do they tend to be about the same as an equivalent GT3? More?

I confess though, I am very tempted by the Sport 350 for sale at that Selected Gear site (11/50). Anyone know much about it?

Thank you.

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thank you for the replies. 

That's my favourite colour as well. Would prefer the OZs but I guess you can't have everything. That's a new website I must monitor. 

I'm pretty tall at 6-4 so some fiddling with the seat base will be necessary. My knees are very close to the wheel so an aftermarket boss allowing a momo/sparco wheel will be in order I suspect. 

I'm in Colchester.

Edited by NiallEvo
Typo

• Gold FFM

No S4s, last I knew, unless Mark's made a very recent purchase. He has a very nice S4...

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Pretty sure the S4S at UK Sports Cars was sold to them by a TLF member in 2019 and bought shortly after by a new recruit to TLF. There is a thread on it somewhere, if I am correct 

Justin 

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/01/2021 at 18:30, jep said:

Pretty sure the S4S at UK Sports Cars was sold to them by a TLF member in 2019 and bought shortly after by a new recruit to TLF. There is a thread on it somewhere, if I am correct 

Justin 

It was it was mine 😁

• Thanks 1

Simplest things first.

• 7 months later...
On 16/01/2021 at 18:47, NiallEvo said:

Apparently they have a red car with OZs coming on:

PHOTO-2020-12-22-18-53-05.jpg

Hi - new to the Esprit side of this forum.

Does anyone know anything about the above car?

Thanks in advance.

Only what the MOT info gives as having sat for pretty much 4 years , 170 miles between tests . What's the asking price ? Take some one with you who knows these cars , where is it situated ? There are lots of very knowledgeable guys on here all willing to help.

Nick 

Simplest things first.

15 minutes ago, Gareth44 said:

After two visits, including an inspection by the wonderful Steve Williams of Maidenhead, who I can't speak highly enough of, I am now fully qualified to contribute to the Evora and Esprit sides of this form, having taken the plunge yesterday!

Pictures please, and I agree, Steve is very helpful. 👍

I shall oblige as soon as I get it, apparently there is a fuel crisis 🙂 

It is still on Autotrader and Royston's own website - although the write ups need to be taken with a bucket of salt.

@BibsAs Steve said he has said to you many times, he just doesn't do forums 🙂 

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/09/2021 at 10:21, Gareth44 said:

After two visits, including an inspection by the wonderful Steve Williams of Maidenhead, who I can't speak highly enough of, I am now fully qualified to contribute to the Evora and Esprit sides of this form, having taken the plunge yesterday!

Well done!  Do you mind mentioning how much you paid?  I recall seeing this car for sale at two prices, both of which seemed rather rich.  I'm looking to buy and S4S or GT3 sometime soon, but it's difficult to gauge what is a reasonable market value at present. 

1 hour ago, kneelbeforezod said:

Well done!  Do you mind mentioning how much you paid?  I recall seeing this car for sale at two prices, both of which seemed rather rich.  I'm looking to buy and S4S or GT3 sometime soon, but it's difficult to gauge what is a reasonable market value at present. 

I'm curious, what's your view of 'rather rich'. if you don't mind me asking?

Margate Exotics.

10 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

I'm curious, what's your view of 'rather rich'. if you don't mind me asking?

Well, I'd seen it advertised at £39k at one point.  That's well into V8 territory.  

1 hour ago, pete said:

Market value is just under advertised price

Great, thanks 🙂

3 minutes ago, kneelbeforezod said:

Well, I'd seen it advertised at £39k at one point.  That's well into V8 territory.  

Great, thanks 🙂

Ah.

The most recent one I saw was the red car from the collection recently up for auction. It was bid up to £43K but failed to sell, if I recall rightly.

Margate Exotics.

1 minute ago, Chillidoggy said:

Ah.

The most recent one I saw was the red car from the collection recently up for auction. It was bid up to £43K but failed to sell, if I recall rightly.

This is all good info.  I really don't have a very good idea of what values are nowadays, I have a maximum budget and just want to make sure I don't get ripped off.  

There's a GT3 on sale that appeals that appears to have been advertised for a while (I first saw it back in April/May time) at £35k - I figured the reason why it might not have sold is that the price was ambitious, but from what I'm hearing here it might be spot on or even keenly priced.