Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Goodwood Festival of Speed 2021 - Page 2 - Regions & Events - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Goodwood Festival of Speed 2021

pete

I have just booked our tickets for a family day-out on the Sunday. I haven’t been for years, but with the featured marque being Lotus and the launch of the new Emira, they have tempted me back. I wonder if they’ll be a special group of historical Lotus cars heading up the hill, as well as the central feature?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Holy crap, I was just about to reply with exactly that.  I also have matching slingback wellies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM
On 20/05/2021 at 12:21, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

I have just booked our tickets for a family day-out on the Sunday. I haven’t been for years, but with the featured marque being Lotus and the launch of the new Emira, they have tempted me back. I wonder if they’ll be a special group of historical Lotus cars heading up the hill, as well as the central feature?

CTL usually get invited, so I'd expect to see several historic Lotus F1 cars running up the hill.  Last time Lotus was featured marque there were loads on display as well as on the hill.

I might try and get tickets, never been before but the Lotus spotlight is drawing me in!

Excuse my ignorance but will the Emira be there everyday? Will it have a run up the hill everyday?

Is the normal parking okay? Presume car enthusiasts will be more careful with regards door prangs etc

Interested in a meet-up if I come along too 👍

41 minutes ago, Derbyjim said:

Is the normal parking okay? Presume car enthusiasts will be more careful with regards door prangs etc

You'd like to think so wouldn't you. However, large field full of mum trucks and handbags with big brass buckles and excited children. I have to admit I'm assuming nothing and have treated my Lotus to a space in the performance parking area (£29) which I think I ended up in one year without knowing it! 

• Gold FFM

It's a glamour event so you get all sorts. The main parking is a field with same quality of parking care as a supermarket. Also the parking attendants can be hit and miss and you may be crawling up a hill in a field in a traffic jam for a long time... God only knows the mess if it rains!

If you can ease that pain for a few quid I would (and did) pay

Edited by TdM
  • Like 1

Either take your normal car for free parking or pay for special parking if taking the Lotus

Long time Lotus admirer, recent owner

• Gold FFM

could do with a hotel for thursday night,, not bothered if its 30 mins out?  any ideas those you tha have just booked?

• Gold FFM

Booked for Thursday and Friday. :D

Also in Performance Parking West, so I'll need to get my finger out now and get the Evora back on the road after its 14 month hibernation. :o

• Like 1

Booked for Thursday, spending 2 nights away as I thought a drive from Devon and back on the 1 day was a bit too much. So can spend all of Thursday at the FOS, until the wife gets bored. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There on Thursday, travelling down Wednesday and stopping at the Goodwood Hotel. Anyone know if it is possible to walk into the event from the Hotel?

On 02/06/2021 at 18:03, scotty435 said:

There on Thursday, travelling down Wednesday and stopping at the Goodwood Hotel. Anyone know if it is possible to walk into the event from the Hotel?

Yeah a stones throw away!you done well to get in there!

• Like 1

Coming all the way from Germany if the travel / quarantine / vaccination game plays in our favour. Still have a bunch of tickets from 2020. i'll be there with a group of friends all weekend on the campsite near to the main entrance.

My plan was to take my Jeep Wrangler w. rooftop tent but since Lotus is now in the spotlight I might have to bring one. Just not the perfect car to camp in for 4 days 🤣

• Like 2

I would also be interested in 3 Heiner (me and my two sons - 18 & 20). How much do you want for them ?

3 hours ago, Bling said:

I would also be interested in 3 Heiner (me and my two sons - 18 & 20). How much do you want for them ?

18 minutes ago, hml_xy said:

I don't want anything for them since I bought the weekend bundle knowing that we won't use the sunday tickets.

If I mail them to the UK, the shipping costs is all I want. 

My exchanged tickets haven't physically arrived yet, but Goodwood said they will express ship them up to only five days prior to the event. Right now I still only have the 2020 tickets, so it may take a few more days until I can send them.

That is very, very, very kind of you Heiner. If you do have the three spare, let me know and I can send over any payment to cover any costs for when you receive them.