Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Goodwood Festival of Speed 2021 - Page 3 - Regions & Events - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Goodwood Festival of Speed 2021

pete

@pete

noted! Two tickets for you...

@Bling

also noted :)

let's now hope Goodwood manages to send the new tickets over soon enough for me to post them to you guys. I'll keep you updated. Their official statement is "up to five days prior to the event". 

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Meeting at the gate may be the best answer as you mentioned previously Heiner. :) 

As Bibs said, great of you to just offer the tickets to others.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

5 hours ago, hml_xy said:

@pete

noted! Two tickets for you...

@Bling

also noted :)

let's now hope Goodwood manages to send the new tickets over soon enough for me to post them to you guys. I'll keep you updated. Their official statement is "up to five days prior to the event". 

Again, thank you very much Heiner. The family will be over the moon 😃

As you say, let's see what happens with the arrival of the tickets. There is still over 4 weeks to go until the event

Long time Lotus admirer, recent owner

Great many thanks. Any costs involved just pm me. Thanks again

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

The jungle drums over on PH seem to be agreeing that July’s FoS won’t happen (at least with spectators) if Boris extends the restrictions for 4 weeks, as expected. If correct that will be two consecutive weekend birthday treats that have come to nothing for me. Last year we had tickets for the Lord’s ODI cricket match against Australia. It would be awful for Lotus too, being the featured marque and launching the Emira. 

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=172&t=1936670

• Like 1

Just came here to leave the same comment... PH does not sound very optimistic and there should be an announcement from Boris on Monday that may affect plausibility?

I feel for the Goodwood orga team and all related exhibitors. It must be an awful lot of work and headache.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Will it be moved out to 'physically' occur at a later date?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

I've never been to Goodwood and I'm not attending this year. It's an outdoor event, is there opportunity for people to be socially distanced? Can it be organised to be Covid safe? Could the organisers apply for it to be a test event?

If other sports can make it work why can't motorsport. F1 can do it.

Royal Ascot starts today and is allowing 12,000 people, down from the usual 70 - 80,000.

Perhaps the FOS could be done on a limited entry basis?

I doubt it can be postponed other than for 12 months. 

8 minutes ago, Bazza 907 said:

Perhaps the FOS could be done on a limited entry basis?

I expect that they have already sold a greater percentage of the available tickets compared to the horse racing event. Including those from last year rolled over. Although a lot of FOS is outdoors, each car manufacturer present is likely to have its own tent/marquee/building - that may count as being indoors?..

They could use a ballot system just like the premiere league clubs do for their season ticket holders where numbers are Covid restricted.

In reality, if the lifting of full restrictions does not go ahead on 21 June I suspect it will just get cancelled for this year, but I hope I'm wrong.

• Sad 1

• Gold FFM

I hope you're wrong too Bazza.  I think I may throw a proper strop if I don't get to go this year of all years...  my bottom lip will be out, and everything...

Looks like they are going to make an announcement later this evenin, on their twitter feed eg

• Thanks 1

Announcements being posted now, looks like no decision yet, see if gov will let it run.  eg

We are expecting more information on the pilots to be announced later this week, at which point we will be able to confirm the next steps for this year’s event.

Just got that email too. At least Goodwood are being proactive about this. Obviously there is a lot riding on the FOS. I'd like to think the government would see reason given the space they have to hold the FOS and the fact that it's not just any old car show. Hopefully the organisers can get this approved for this pilot scheme. 

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Fingers crossed.  There are clearly people in horse racing and football with enough lobbying influence to get events green-lighted, so let's hope Goodwood and the car/motorsport industry have similar influence.

The London Classic Car Show at the end of June and the Stonor Supercar Sunday at the beginning of July have said they are still going ahead so I don't see why the FoS should be any different.

Long time Lotus admirer, recent owner

Just received notification that the courier will be delivering my tickets tomorrow....doesn't guarantee it's happening of course but it made me feel better all the same 🙂

Courier (DPD) lost my tickets after telling me they were delivering them the following day & would let me know the exact time before 11am on day of the delivery. I hadn’t heard by 12 so used their web chat system to be told that they were lost & I’d need to contact Goodwood. Called them straight away, they acknowledged the call, cancelled the first tickets & I’m still waiting 4 weeks later for the replacements…

12 hours ago, Phil S1 said:

Just received notification that the courier will be delivering my tickets tomorrow....doesn't guarantee it's happening of course but it made me feel better all the same 🙂

That's encouraging, maybe there is hope after all. 

Received an email update yesterday, stating that work happens behind the scenes with the british gov to establish FOS as a pilot event.

This makes it unlikely we will be able to make it from Germany. What a pity, Lotus in the spotlight, the new car being shown... gutted! 

On the other hand: I may have a whole bunch of tickets soon that I can offer to TLF people that want to go. Sadly I might have to ask money for them since it would be a bit too much to give away for free. Not sure if FOS will offer a way to return them in case people can't make it under these circumstances.

<quote>

On Monday evening we contacted you to let you know how the Prime Minister’s statement affected this year’s Festival of Speed presented by Mastercard, due to take place from 8 - 11 July.

At this point in time, we are still in discussions with the Events Research Programme (ERP) and the UK Government about what the next series of pilot events will look like, which we hope will include the Festival of Speed.

With the event only three weeks away, we know that our customers will need confirmation on the next steps of the event as a matter of urgency, which remains a priority for us at Goodwood. Rest assured a lot of work is being done behind the scenes to create a safe and enjoyable event for our customers, whilst maintaining all the exciting and fun elements our visitors love.

</quote>

• Like 1