Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Goodwood Festival of Speed 2021 - Page 7 - Regions & Events - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Goodwood Festival of Speed 2021

pete

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Went today and thought the Emira looked even better in the flesh. Lotus had a fab stand which was full of the great and the good including Matt Windle, Russell Carr and Scott Walker.

The hospitality with free food and drinks was rather good too. 

• Like 2

• Gold FFM
On 09/07/2021 at 14:54, JNW3 said:

You missed one!! @Bibs 😊

502445A6-A7F4-4802-9FD9-E2EFF466B38A.jpeg

Performance parking East, Thursday…..

0A3DD2E9-C931-4926-B636-88E85CB09D68.jpeg

• Like 1

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

• Gold FFM

Aha! I saw your Evora on Thursday! Very nice, was getting quite a bit of attention when I went past in a carpark full of a lot of very nice cars!

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Quiz question for the more enlightened than me.

What does the swooping bar sculpture (?) signify?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Thanks @Bibs. I knew you'd know what it was. 👍

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Bibs said:

It's interactive, you could see cars flying around it in the Lotus AEROAD app. 

It's shape is actually a representation of the airflow through an Evija venturi. 

Crickey that sounds a bit ‘techie’ - Did it work? Impressive?

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

It worked well once you got the app orientated properly, it was pretty smart in a geeky sort of way.  I expect many visitors had no idea what it was all about or the existence of the app, despite signs etc.

• Gold FFM

Neat!

I was sat underneath the central feature drinking a pint and watching the Red Arrows. I had made a point of not checking it out in advance, so you can imagine how disappointed I was when I saw it for the first time. I am sure I wasn’t the only one. It just looked like an unfinished afterthought. I knew there was some VR app for it, but I wanted to see some real cars, so didn’t bother. I didn’t see many people using the app and probably most of them knew nothing about it. Bit of a marketing opportunity own-goal by Lotus to be honest.

dyIguir.jpg

I'd imagine it was a lot cheaper than the usual £500k Gerry Judah number in that spot. 

I did try to get Lotus to being the one from last time back and pop it in the middle of the track but it ended up being scrapped. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.