Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Squeaky squeak! - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Squeaky squeak!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I don't recall seeing an access panel or hole in the bell housing like on other vehicles I've had. That might make it rather difficult to get any grease where it needs to go (release fork pivot, spline shaft, etc). If there isn't a good way to do it in situ, it might be best left as a job during a clutch change. 

Might be interested in it, please keep me in the loop.  I think ES motorsport have already put some spacers in my undertray to help with cooling? I’ll have to double check. But this sounds like a more comprehensive solution.  

So we’re up to about six people, let me see what BOE / GRP can offer in terms of discounted unit price or postage and if it sounds worthwhile we can have a separate topic to gauge wider interest.

If we don’t hear anything we can pester @Brussfor a howto guide for his cotton wheels and chicken wire method :)

I suspect that you will be more likely to get a group discount direct from BOE. 

Although he is active on here, I’m guessing that Greg (aka@GRP) will be limited by the price that he will have to pay BOE as a reseller. 

• Like 1

This is a sizeable part too, so for anyone joining a group buy, the shipping destination is fairly important…

Perhaps shipped straight to Hethel and we can both meet and fit them there, leaving a pile of spare parts for their meagre stocks? 😁

Edited by trcm
  • Like 1

We need someone who's bringing over a container with some spare space! I'm near Blackpool but happy to travel. Maybe we could relay them, with someone taking theirs and dropping of the remainder with the next person along.

Gav