Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira GT4 - Page 4 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira GT4

Bibs

5 hours ago, Karl M Roberts said:

Hi, does anybody know which championship the Emira gt4 will be competing in this year? I have a v6 1st edition coming in June. I would very much like to see it in action on track.

Welcome back, Karl. 

We were wondering if you had changed your mind about the Emira:

• 1 month later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

You might bump into some guys from SWLC who are up to the factory for a thing or 2.

Well it's got a good sized rear wing. There have been pics of a race version of the Emira before, but as yet none seem to be with any teams. And so are not entries in the GT4 series.

Thought we will likely see a road version at some time, but it seems a little early for a new road version as they have not yet delivered any of the first editions and it unlikely for a few more months.

I wonder what time tomorrow the embargo ends and our leader will spill the beans...Can't find a sort of countdown elsewhere.

2 hours ago, Wake said:

Is/will this be a road car? Or just for racing?

The Emira GT4 is a race car.

The (inevitable) road car will most likely be named GT4X0 (where X=3, 5, or 6).

It would not be illogical... Brabus showed what could be done with that engine and a simple ECU remap. Then again the V6 is capable of producing silly power numbers and Lotus has just showed that they are able to get beyond the physical limitation of the BG6 gearbox with the Radford project...  Emira GT5XX is not impossible.

• Gold FFM
9 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

Well it's got a good sized rear wing. There have been pics of a race version of the Emira before, but as yet none seem to be with any teams. And so are not entries in the GT4 series.

Thought we will likely see a road version at some time, but it seems a little early for a new road version as they have not yet delivered any of the first editions and it unlikely for a few more months.

Komotec publicised a while ago that they signed up for #1 and #2 of the GT4.  Other teams have signed but not gone public yet.  I think all are planning to race it in the 2023 season, so 2022 will be development and shakedown, possibly the odd race.

Nice to see some old favourites in the pics - ie the 2 Esprits.

So Bibs did you get to have a go in it?

Really do hope they do a road version of this or dare I say it one that looks even more aggressive along the lines of all the Cup Exige cars……they’re bound to sell well. Porsche clearly think so….👍😎