Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Emira - Page 10 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Emira

au-yt

14 hours ago, mdavies said:

Is it too much to hope that the Emira will match the latest Ferrari, the 296 GTB, in at least one respect? Will it manage, as the Ferrari does, to provide control interfaces without using a touchscreen - that most dangerous “feature” of most modern cars? Or indeed, in the context of the modern driving environment, the most dangerous feature deliberately introduced ever.

Large pics: https://www.evo.co.uk/ferrari/203962/2022-ferrari-296-gtb-unveiled-v6-hybrid-to-pack-818bhp-punch?_mout=1&refid=09228E75F0406E58FEE79A00174F2107&utm_campaign=evo_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter

2022 Ferrari 296 GTB – cabin

Great to see that Ferrari are still looking to lotus for inspiration, even after 60 years+

image.jpeg.c867bb8930d53365ae2df988f6aa2c9e.jpeg

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 hour ago, hedgerley said:

Ooohh errr. Big teaser, huge.....

https://fb.watch/6s1TNQBz0j/

Be interesting to see what the render monkeys and Photoshop fans can draw from this latest teaser. At least the mirrors look like they've not come from an Austin Metro 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, electro_boy said:

Was taking a read of the NewProductLotus and the new thermal bottle: https://shop.thelotusforums.com/products/lotus-thermal-bottle

But what really got me interested is... what car is behind the bottle?  The photos look like they are the front bumper and looking along the side of the car towards the engine vent.  But these don't look like any of the current Elise, Exige or Evora to me....  Could it be the new Emira?

20210204-IMG_3994_1080x.jpg?v=1625137067

20210204-IMG_3981_1296x.jpg?v=1625137067

@Bibs can't help thinking that Lotus marketing missed a real trick here, surely the slogan should have been "Fuel for the Drivers" or "Fuel the Drivers".

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

It could mix composites and aluminium.  The investment in tooling at what is formerly Vulcan rd has been significant... They could easily do stamping now I assume. Aluminium stamped body parts would resolve some quality issues... We will know soon enough.

• Like 2

cannot see it keeping to the price point indicated with ali bodywork, I think there will be as much real silver in Arctic Silver as their is real bronze in Autumn Bronze

• Like 1

Potential insight to future Lotus cars based on their platform/collaboration with Alpine.

Silhouette 3 - looks like the teaser for the Emira, but then maybe I need to get to Specsavers....

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-alpine-r5-215bhp-electric-hot-hatch-due-2024

• Like 2

The small print.

Excited by Alpine partnership.  Loved handling of my A110, but not the looks. Now with Lotus looks, yes please :)

• Like 1

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

On 29/06/2021 at 16:20, mdavies said:

Is it too much to hope that the Emira will match the latest Ferrari, the 296 GTB, in at least one respect? Will it manage, as the Ferrari does, to provide control interfaces without using a touchscreen - that most dangerous “feature” of most modern cars? Or indeed, in the context of the modern driving environment, the most dangerous feature deliberately introduced ever.

Large pics: https://www.evo.co.uk/ferrari/203962/2022-ferrari-296-gtb-unveiled-v6-hybrid-to-pack-818bhp-punch?_mout=1&refid=09228E75F0406E58FEE79A00174F2107&utm_campaign=evo_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter

2022 Ferrari 296 GTB – cabin

I am calling it now. I bet the Emira will look better than the 296 GTB. Of course looks are always subjective and obviously it won't be close to it performance-wise, but I have a feeling the Emira is going to be a very good looking car.

• Like 2

2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing (MT) ◄ 2017 Lotus Evora 400 (SOLD) ◄ 2013 Lotus Evora S (SOLD) ◄ 2005 Lotus Elise (SOLD) ◄ 1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 (SOLD)

12 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Potential insight to future Lotus cars based on their platform/collaboration with Alpine.

Silhouette 3 - looks like the teaser for the Emira, but then maybe I need to get to Specsavers....

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-alpine-r5-215bhp-electric-hot-hatch-due-2024

have to agree it looks similar, unfortunately it really does not look like something that will spawn a convertible easily

14 minutes ago, simonb said:

have to agree it looks similar, unfortunately it really does not look like something that will spawn a convertible easily

There is NO convertible. It's confirmed by Matt Windle in the interview with @Bibs.

keep up at the back! 🤣😂🤣😂

• Like 1

The small print.