Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Silverstone Classic - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Silverstone Classic

mayevora

• Gold FFM

Anyone else going? As Le Mans Classic is cancelled I’ve now booked 4 nights at Silverstone. Never done Silverstone Classic so kind of hoping it’s similar to Le Mans Classic.

Tent. BBQ. Beers and cars never going to be too bad. 😊

• Like 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I've been attending for years, it's a great event...if it's not raining!  To be fair, it has only been a complete washout once.  It's always well attended and there are some great cars on and off the track.  Just don't get carried away at the auction 😉

Same here, been attending for many years, great event, if not quite the atmosphere of LMC. One area it is better than LMC is that there aren't as many Porsches on display!

• Like 2

....and me, though I'm not going this year as it clashes with the LandRover show at Gaydon which I fancied trying for a change.  Also not been to LMC so I had always thought that the three separate fields plus showroom of Porsches at Silverstone was more than their fair share.  Clearly the continentals don't agree.   

You'll have a great time Ian - the highlight for me is usually strolling around the pit complex.  I only ever do one day so you'll get around it all a few times if you're staying - but as many like me only do one day the display cars must substantially change each day.  LEC usually have a contingent camping over the weekend - the stories of the Saturday night suggest you'll be in good company!

• Like 1

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

• Gold FFM
On 07/06/2021 at 18:19, MPx said:

LEC usually have a contingent camping over the weekend - the stories of the Saturday night suggest you'll be in good company!

Thanks Mike. Be interesting to find out where LEC are camping. I’ll try looking on the LEC site - so long since I’ve been on there no idea of a password anymore.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Interestingly nothing significant posted on it yet this year Ian, but looks like Rambo (Mark) and Muley (Jim) are expecting to go.  Thread here.

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

• Gold FFM

Thanks Mike. I did try looking for a thread but couldn’t find one. You obviously know your way around LEC a lot better than me 😁👍

• Gold FFM
9 hours ago, Mark Blanchard said:

Yep, going to this.  Really looking forward to it, always a good day.  Taking the red thing and parking it with the other red things.

You staying or day tripping Mark?

• Gold FFM

Camping at the Golf Course (wherever that is)

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/06/2021 at 09:40, mayevora said:

Camping at the Golf Course (wherever that is)

Lucky that you have got a larger mini then?? Or are you going in the Evora.

• Gold FFM
9 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

Lucky that you have got a larger mini then?? Or are you going in the Evora.

Definitely the Evora. I’m going with Mr Mercedes and Mr Porsche so need to put those 2 friends in the shade 😜

• Like 1

I am going with the Porsche Club. Great event. The Paddocks are particularly special. I wanted to go on Saturday but left it too late and the day was sold out so will be there on the Sunday.

Long time Lotus admirer, recent owner

I'm heading down with a few mates , we usually do LM or CLM but have done the Silverstone Classic before. I'm not taking the Evora were heading down in an XC60 and a Mini which won't move from their spots from Thursday PM till Monday AM. Looking forward to a good 3 days. Also camping at the Golf Course.

• Gold FFM
21 hours ago, cdco said:

Also camping at the Golf Course.

I’ll wander over and say hi 😊👍

1 hour ago, mayevora said:

I’ll wander over and say hi 😊👍

Would be good look for a blue XC60, blue Mini Cooper S and enough tents to look like a Calais Camp ...

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
36 minutes ago, cdco said:

blue Mini Cooper S 

Just bought one of them this week 😊👍

• 4 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM
On 23/06/2021 at 21:26, nigeninja said:

Great weekend , i will be there for the 3 days with LDC :) 

See you their great location this year .

• Like 1