Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
LIVE Lotus Emira Launch - Page 4 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

LIVE Lotus Emira Launch

Bibs

Really enjoyed that and look forward to seeing all the specs and prices but, oh those wheels on the blue one 🙄.

By far too ornate for my liking and takes the eyes away from the cars lines on the side view. 

That is one stunning piece of kit.

Congratulations to everyone involved.

It's always quoted, but I rarely agree, but on this occasion I think '...Colin Chapman would be proud...'

Yes. I am going to buy one.

• Like 2

Just now, Graham Ridgway said:

Well the car looks great, but the event was truly shocking.  Unbelievably amateur.  Good job we all have different views!

I can’t agree with you there, I thought it was a decent enough launch. What did you find particularly amateur?

I thought it was a bit amateur too to  be honest.. i mean i even plan for the uk  weather when we have a bbq ..  did they not evcen check the forecast this morning  and rough  something up for the poor presenters 

3 minutes ago, Graham Ridgway said:

The ghastly wall of fans

The huge disparity of the quality of the interviews

The immense lack of engaging content.  The female interviewer and the dogs comment

Matt who I am a big fan of, looked and sounded truly terrible

Any actual info about the car.

Jenson button driving it.

And on and on.

I am not a negative cynical person.  But Lotus' stated aim is to compete on the world stage against professional looking competitors.  Completely changing the buying experience for the mass buyer.  It was cringeworthy.

For the cottage industry Lotus of old it was exactly as you'd expect.    They are going to have to work much harder to make progress in their stated trajectory.

i agree 100% 

1 minute ago, andyj007 said:

I thought it was a bit amateur too to  be honest.. i mean i even plan for the uk  weather when we have a bbq ..  did they not evcen check the forecast this morning  and rough  something up for the poor presenters 

i agree 100% 

though russel car had been on the booze  at one point lol 

Edited by andyj007

• Gold FFM

I suspect you will be in the minority belief - but nice to know.

@Graham Ridgwayid be very interested in how you think you could have improved on what we saw - since currently you are sounding a bit Kier Starmer 

• Like 1

Only here once

1 minute ago, Graham Ridgway said:

The ghastly wall of fans

The huge disparity of the quality of the interviews

The immense lack of engaging content.  The female interviewer and the dogs comment

Matt who I am a big fan of, looked and sounded truly terrible

Any actual info about the car.

Jenson button driving it.

And on and on.

I am not a negative cynical person.  But Lotus' stated aim is to compete on the world stage against professional looking competitors.  Completely changing the buying experience for the mass buyer.  It was cringeworthy.

For the cottage industry Lotus of old it was exactly as you'd expect.    They are going to have to work much harder to make progress in their stated trajectory.

I see no problem with a British F1 World Champion driving a sport cars - none whatsoever.

The wall of fans? Customer engagement - again I saw no issues with this.

I have no problems with the dogs comment - I’d suggest that they are just pushing home the usability aspect

We will agree to disagree on this occasion.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
1 minute ago, windymiller said:

im quite shocked at the price tag tbh

I still have no idea what it is - or what you get at what price point. 

1 minute ago, Frickin_idiot said:

have no problems with the dogs comment - I’d suggest that they are just pushing home the usability aspect

Me neither - I’ve had our Dogs in my Evora regularly - just don’t mention it to the new owner…… 

• Like 1

Only here once

i still dont know how much is it... 

or when will it be production ready.

and these are prototypes according to you tube presenters

Edited by andyj007

I thought it was quaint English type of launch including the summer weather!  

Perhaps not ott American style but then lotus is not that type of organisation at present ! 

the launch was aimed at us current lotus owners ? The motoring press but I suspect not the wider buying world as we speak that be left to other events or reviews and indeed the test drive at your local dealership 

• Like 2