Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Picture & Video Thread - Page 67 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Picture & Video Thread

Bravo73

He's special. So needs special wheels.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 3 weeks later...

Well myself, @bingokingand our wives are on a bit of a road trip through Europe.  Driving 3K miles over 22 days and well over the half way mark.  Been from home in Scotland to Hull for ferry to Rotterdam in Netherlands then down through Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland and into Italy as far as the Almalfi coast and currently on the way back.  In Maranello to look at Prancing Donkeys and Annoyed Bulls yesterday and today before heading back up through Italian Lakes, Switzerland, Austria, Lichtenstein & Germany before heading back to ferry.

Cars have attracted A LOT of attention partly because 2 in convoy of course.  Lots of camera phones and roadside chats being had.  You can also get a surprising amount of luggage in one and I'll take a photo at end of the trip but in ours we have 4 carry-on sized bags, 2 more soft bags and lots of coats and hats etc. and we can still sit in our normal driving positions and have full rear visibility.  Not many great shots however of the trip as all the passes so far still closed for snow and the trip has been about food and wine rather than cars. Here are a few.

ecb9a095-0e9f-432b-9c3f-9f972337ee012.JPG.030bffec62dbadc5f71f316f38d5dda7.JPG

Last UK Fuel at Hull docks

683309b3-c33c-4f81-b5dd-64e119fdf4cb2.JPG.be4173230c0a7cb0a6588aee9093bbe1.JPG

Heading towards St. Gotthard tunnel

bfeb5e3f-e293-4a9e-9625-e471d2c902882.JPG.6293cd5c015d5eb1320b7eb6dc2bf648.JPG

Ditto

IMG_59282.jpg.6865cd8d6e06e0e76c679c262c97c562.jpg

Only to find that although a Wednesday it was day 1 of a 5 day public holiday in France and Switzerland and everybody else had the same idea and the tunnel all 18Km of it is traffic numbers limited!  It became a long day with 3 hours additional time at wheel!

a1161050-20f7-45d5-a19c-9644cf618a842.JPG.158c7dad6005a010cf63a5da7bea62aa.JPG

First quick wash at Lucca as a lot of sand in the air from Sahara and cars were filthy by then

IMG_62362.jpg.ac3e09dfb03f96d36c28aa6b5dd2d0a6.jpg

Back at hotel

IMG_63292.jpg.d754df35abe5099343efdfbbd91b52a8.jpg

Somewhere in Tuscany on the way to San Gimignano

IMG_63642.jpg.229800abfd77c3e2e2b46acb233623ae.jpg

Enjoying a spot of wine tasting beside our hotel at Montepulcano unfortunately down a very dusty track so everything black became silver.

IMG_66952.jpg.c099af77b5b980611df87c512951d7b1.jpg

Somewhere from my hotel room

IMG_69162.jpg.e101fa4bbbfaa250eebd3ad41587fac1.jpgIMG_69102.jpg.178f1a000438f59494d67b6078c1fee3.jpg

Today to keep SWMBO's happy we visited a stunning Balsamic Vinegar place outside Maranello/Modena.  We thoroughly enjoyed the full experience and learned so much about it and why the real thing is so expensive.  Our cars were much admired by all visitors and were asked to line up with their old Fiat trucks but unfortunately out of shot a big bus arrived and driver abandoned it.

• Love 2

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Oh and this is the second time I have driven length of the Almalfi coast and will never do it in a Lotus again!  Last time was Sept. 2016 in a rental grot box and was fairly horrendous nose to tail traffic jam.  No pleasure what so ever.  This time I thought more off season and okay taking own cars.  How wrong I could be!!  Extremely stressful to put it mildly.  Wife was quite upset thinking car about to be damaged.  Many times we were inching back and forth just literally inch on each side with busses and walls.  Not for the feint of heart! 😬

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

I saw you guys going the other way (in a rental Alfa Stelvio) and we had a torrid time with the traffic, so can’t imagine how you guys did it… Cars looked amazing though…

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Al said:

First quick wash at Lucca as a lot of sand in the air from Sahara and cars were filthy by then

You didn't happen to travel on the SS12 to or from Abetone, did you?

Nope we didn’t. We came down from Lake Lugano towards Genoa and then did a bit of lovely cross country before following E80- A11 to Lucca

Ah, that's a shame. I did a similar route a few years ago - Calais to Lucca, via the Swiss passes, then back via the South of France & Route Napoleon. I was in a V8 Vantage but the SS12 was probably my favourite road of the entire trip.

As in red seats in a yellow car or those added carbon bits?
Or the start button shield being stuck up?

Or the engine not starting?
(Lock up, wait awhile and then try again).

seat belt buckles should be red, and possibly some red mats.

3 hours ago, Bibs said:

Does. Not. Work. 

image.jpeg

In general terms I agree but with doors closed you will see no yellow internally

• 4 weeks later...

A fantastic replacement, I have had the privilege to drive a good few 650s Spiders and almost purchased one early last year, amazing cars. Sad to hear is views on current Lotus and even more sad it’s hard to disagree with anything he mentioned in the video.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, scotty435 said:

Sad to hear is views on current Lotus and even more sad it’s hard to disagree with anything he mentioned in the video.

He speaketh the truth. Amen.

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Well looks and sounds stunning but as a marshal of 45 years standing I'd say something is wrong as that is not just tyre smoke and looks to be likely oil?  Smoke coming out from the left rear wheel during a straight at 23s and 33s isn't normal and then you can see it leave a trail of fluid on the right hander on rear view near the finish line around 53s

Bloody hell @Al, the regs really were so much looser back then, that they let you start marshalling when you were 6! ;)  Mind, I'm sure back then you still made better decisions than the FIA Race Controllers.

• Haha 1

The small print.

My wife was taking lots of video of all the cars. 270 approx from all current and classic classes. The new GT3 Astons look epic and sound amazing. The old GT2 cars were probably even louder. Amazing to be able to get so close.

Edited by Simon Bateman
  • Like 1