Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Picture & Video Thread - Page 22 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Picture & Video Thread

Bravo73

1 hour ago, AK70 said:

And when I see the EU regulation regarding combution engine, I came to the conclusion that the Emira FE could quite possible be the last V6 from Lotus.

It has already been announced that the Emira will be the last ICE car that Lotus will produce. So, last V6, last i4, end of an era. 

I know. But I mean the First Edition. 

The Base Edition that come 2023 could well be i4 only… Some countries have new regulation as soon as 2025..

For the few who know the difference

Great informative video, watching the Emira on Hethel’s test track with the touring settings for me it looks like it as a fair bit of body roll and as been said many times similar to the S1 Evora. Having owned both a S1 Evora and the latest GT410sport, for me i would be going for the sport settings, on fast B road driving it gives you so much more feedback and confidence even at the lower limits of ability’s of the car and it as to be said the harder ride of the sports suspension is still fantastic for even the most poorly maintained roads that we have been accustomed in this day and age.

• Like 2

The video is ok, worth watching to get a few more crumbs of information, shame about the vomit inducing shmark and the shmuseum etc :wacko:

Agree with you there Scotty on the suspension settings, Sport for the best feedback and sense of speed, I don't care if it's actually slower than the touring setup on bumpy roads.

Edited by duncx
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Still the dark grey car doing the rounds.

The green is even darker! :) 

• Like 1

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

I suppose this is symptomatic of the YouTube/Facebook generation

(He is also a lot less attractive then supercar blondie .)

That is a much stronger marketing message than before - the other car.

and #forthedrivers has always been good. 

Mention of the Emira in the Top Gear 21 awards and it was all very positive.

I love the term "Bargain Supercar". Wholly inaccurate of course but the more that his little phrase is associated with the Emira the better the outcome for all of us.

IF IF IF.... others review the final car in March/April 2022 and the car backs up the looks and hype then things could get crazy.

We know Harry and Schmee have ordered one so they will be positively biased towards it.  I have not heard if the other big YouTubers (Leno, Carwow, Carfection, TFJJ, SOL, Seb, STG, Archie, TGE, JWW) are getting one. They might jump on the ever increasing bandwagon. I wonder if they will magically jump the queue.

I only see Chris Harris as the biggest fear. Although I watch him regularly I do feel he will really struggle to not pick a Porsche over it.

Yes, we should not really worry about the press and YouTube and enjoy the car without a thought to what other think but is it not much nicer to drive a car everyone loves. Do we not want people to say "Wow, love the car mate" rather than "Should have got a Porsche" or "bit slow and heavy innit"?

😃

• Like 2

Nice! totally agree on the phrasing and interest once press get their hands on it - lots of folks haven't heard of it yet

Would be happy with an Emira vs 718 from Chris Harris a bit like this

Looking forward to a savagegeese review too

Ha, well, first thing of note is that they work :)

Next up, easily the best hazard lights I have seen :getmecoat:

Nice!

It will come down to expectations, nostalgia and open-mindedness.

If a reviewer accepts that this is a whole new thing for Lotus, is not an Exige, and sees it as a good value, mini-supercar looking sports car with amazing road abilities then all will be good with the world.

I'm quite looking forward to Harry getting behind the wheel of one, as he tends to give the high and the lows to draw a balanced opinion. Wheras some of the others (perhaps with the exception of Carwow & Carfection) tend to get a bit too excited and caught up in the moment to either only love the car, or shit on it. 

Also more interested in what Harry has to say because he has actually put his money down on one.

1 hour ago, Jcx said:

Can you not form your own opinion and be happy with it?

?? We are all happy with our own opinions. That's why we are buying one.

I think you mean "Can you not be happy with your own opinion and not worry about the opinion of others?"

I mentioned this would be an obvious comment in my original post.  

Human nature is that those who react negatively to something we are admittedly overenthusiastic about do hurt our feelings. Shouldn't be like that of course. 

I love your Exige 410 Sport and might well sell an Emira for one but if a person said to you 'Nah, it's just a badly built kitcar for posers innit?" you would write the person off as an eejit but if you are saying you would not be in any way hurt by their comment then I commend you!

Probably comes down to passion. Passion makes me irrational I know. I apologise for that. Always gets me in trouble and costs me money.

• Love 1

I'd be interested to hear about what the Italian press think about the Emira.