Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The "when I placed my deposit thread"... - Page 14 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

The "when I placed my deposit thread"...

DaveC72

• Gold FFM
26 minutes ago, duncx said:

Did you configure an i4 car? If so then it's not surprising you haven't been contacted, I don't think they've got a clue about delivery dates for the i4 yet.

Second deposits only apply to V6 First Edition at this stage.

2 hours ago, sg said:

Hello, just found this forum and wanted to ask the following;

I paid my 2nd deposit (the "post-configuration" deposit") back in Mid-October.

I've heard nothing since, and haven't received a call from Lotus.

Does this seem right, or should I have been contacted by now?

Many thanks for any help on this.

You should have had info in Oct that next update would be Jan.  Some very early deposit holders for V6 First Edition cars were contacted in mid/late Dec to tell them they have June (first batch) deliveries.  These calls covered deposits placed up to about 8 July, but not everyone was contacted before Christmas.  Others in that batch and later deposits will be contacted from now onwards.

There is due to be a big update to all customers later in January, including timings, finance options, trade in arrangements etc.

Thanks very much, that's really appreciated.

I specced a V6 First Edition, so it does sound like I should get an update sometime soon. I'll sit on my hands a little longer....

Many thanks again for the swift replies.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

It looks like Lotus have re-started calls to people about delivery dates.  So far it appears to be 8 July morning for June delivery 👍

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Earlier on, Bravo73 posted...

How about @Karl M Roberts? Isn't he first in the queue?

He had posted Hi Stephen, yes cant wait. I first showed an interest at 70th at Hethel. Im told im having chassis 1.

Karl not been on since October 12, 2021 may be just too excited

If so I would have thought he would have explained why, as he seemed keen to get the one that may have been the first UK car.  

They must still be working through 8 July! I haven’t had a call yet. I placed very late on the 8th though (22:29 according to my email confirmation). 

• Gold FFM

I’ve been keeping an eye out and the people saying they’ve been told June are up to about mid morning on 8 July. It doesn’t look like anyone has been called this week, either about June or July.

That would fit with what we were told at Hethel last Friday, that the June batch is locked in and they don’t need to get July commitments until March-ish. 

2 hours ago, TomE said:

I've been asked on Facebook and on EmiraForum for my thoughts on delivery timeframes for UK V6 FEs, so here's what I've published after visiting the factory last week.  It's based on a lot of interpretation and guesswork but is consistent with various things that have been said:

My educated guess for UK V6 FE deliveries versus deposit dates:
- deposits up to mid 8 July 2021 (Goodwood Day 1) = June 2022 delivery
- rest of 8 July, 9 July = July delivery
- 10 July = Aug delivery
- 11 July (last day of Goodwood) = Sept delivery
- after Goodwood up to 31 Dec 2021 = Oct/Nov delivery
- 2022 deposits = Nov/Dec delivery
I could be out by a month but think this is a reasonable guesstimate

so will this push i4 deposits up to 8 july into 2023?

• Gold FFM

First UK i4 FE deliveries are still due to start late 2022 - they will overlap with tail end of V6 FE deliveries

As an aside, I placed my first deposit mid-afternoon on the 8th July and the most recent phone call I received confirmed I'd have a June delivery. Looks like I might be one of the last ones in the first batch!

• Like 2

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, Yachtie said:

Hmmmm I placed my deposit in the morning of the 8th July and had no confirmation about delivery from Lotus after second deposit

I think you're somewhere on the borderline between June and July delivery.  I've only seen one other person saying they are June with a deposit after mid morning on 8 July until Andy's post above.  I guess Lotus may be doing some batching rather than strict chronological order.  You could contact Customer Care to check.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

The other thought that occurs to me is some people in the June batch may have cancelled late in the process.  So people with the identical spec in the July batch have been moved up to June to take over those cars, as the builds are already locked in.

Yeah, and this might happen more as people realise they don't have the funds they thought they would have, can't get the finance they expected to get, or will simply defer and wait for another version.

So, late Goodwooders, hang in there. Good news may be around the corner.

All I want it to be able to use the car in the short window that is the UK summer.

After the trip to the Isle of Man I will hardly get it out of the garage except in perfect weather.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

We're getting mixed messages in the U.S.  Did or did not Lotus say that they will build as many FE's as they receive orders for, AS LONG AS the order is in by the end of March?  Some of the U.S. dealers are saying no, if you have a deposit with them, but you're not in the first group that fits within the allocation they're going to receive this year, that you won't be able to get an FE, at all... ever.  I'm trying to get clarification on this.

• Sad 1