Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
For Auction - The Esprit Limited Collection - Page 3 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

For Auction - The Esprit Limited Collection

Bling

I agree also with @Mad_Maxto a degree but when you see an estimate on the S300 of 75-125k you’d expect to see something pretty remarkable. 

If the estimate was set at 50k then I don’t think there’d be criticism but more opinion shared. 

That Green S300 is the car I read about some time back I think. 
The guys wife was driving it when the accident happened. Apparently it saved her life. 
supposedly rebuilt at Hethel. 
Assuming it’s the same car that is 

• Like 2

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.

• Gold FFM
54 minutes ago, top-plumber said:

supposedly rebuilt at Hethel. 

If that can absolutely be documented to be true - then it’s a very similar case as Rowan Atkinsons McLaren.

Only here once

On 15/08/2021 at 06:57, LOTUSMAN33 said:

SJ no longer sell the gold cant rail trims unfortunately. When I spoke to Steve he said a new run wasn’t economical to produce as he had to buy so many.

Yes , I’ve just bought some silver ones which are being wrapped gold 

@madmax

I suspect you’d be a bit more upset if you bought one of these cars and afterwards the knowledge on here brought out the backstory to your new purchase …. 
I don’t think any owners on here have any reason to talk down values 😜

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
6 hours ago, Painterdave said:

Maybe his Daly drive 

I’ve driven many that looked like that - and they have been truly awful. At least £2-3k in parts required just to sort suspension that without the pain of the labour bill.

Only here once

16 hours ago, Senior said:

The sport 300 chassis is shocking, but the JPS is not good either. Hardly an exceptional example

Here is mine and i've seen better

IMG_0463.JPG.c4b2e608572e7cb32e011e7228f78d30.JPG

I understand a newly painted underside has no rust but how is it possible that it has no dust either?

• Gold FFM

So instead of a full suspension rebuild when required folks - all you actually need is some hard wax 👍

who ever would have thought 🙄

• Haha 2

Only here once

Finally some pics and a Video for Paul's old Essex. Looks nice to be fair. Looks like they've added the boss back on to the wheel. Paul removed it once and we liked the look with the exposed bolts on the boss plus the MOMO logo and found the JPS badge - been discussed before - possibly a leftover batch from the JPS S2 cars? Also note the Essex cam-covers. I think I can reveal now that these were not originally on Paul's car - in fact they are not even originals. Again it was whatever was on the line at the time but Paul wanted a pair on as soon as he saw another with them fitted so being a skilled chap and owning his own engineering business with CNC tooling we scanned the original logo's and made our own set which we then bonded on - looks like they've lasted well! Will watch the sale with interest. BTW I'd love to know who did the work if anyone knows/finds out?

Edited by nello
  • Like 1

I was shown a huge half page photo of all six in the Torygraph from Wednesday (18) so some skillful marketing to get it featured in a national paper for free!  Says they're hoping to make more than £500k from the sale which would suggest a pretty strong avg price.

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

• Gold FFM

£500k 😮 I can’t see it reaching that.

oh well - here’s hoping it does though - let’s see if the new refreshed lotus car unveiling has galvanised interest in the older cars.

• Like 1

Only here once

3 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

£500k 😮 I can’t see it reaching that.

Me neither, needs toppy prices like £140k essex, £120k sport 300, £80k JPS, £75k Sport 350, £55k for s4s, £45k for GT.

All figures I have never seen for any of those, the Essex, JPS and sport may do well but can't see the others fetching records.

If the JPS goes for over £80k mine is for sale for £90k if anyone is interested :)

Edited by Senior
  • Haha 1

• Gold FFM

The GT cars always seem to struggle value wise - I’ve seen a few but never seen one fetch much more than an S4 would. My guess is £28k for that.

Only here once

4 minutes ago, Senior said:

Me neither, needs toppy prices like £140k essex, £120k sport 300, £80k JPS, £75k Sport 350, £55k for s4s, £45k for GT.

All figures I have never seen for any of those, the Essex, JPS and sport may do well but can't see the others fetching records.

If the JPS goes for over £80k mine is for sale for £90k if anyone is interested :)

£55k for the S4s would be the best value out of that lot 

• Like 2