Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira V8 AMG 4.0 Litre Biturbo - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira V8 AMG 4.0 Litre Biturbo

ACP

I have heard through the grapevine that the Emira will get a version of the AMG V8 for its swansong in a couple of years, and that's why the screen was showing 480 bhp in one of the videos.

Anyone else heard this too?

Too heavy, too big,  too late.

I doubt it would even out-sound the V6.

Overall, 550 hp would dramatically affect the overall dynamics of the car.

I believe we will find 416hp perfect in the Emira and what it sets out to achieve.

Only those from a suoercars and Exige background may find it lacking in sheer acceleration.

• Like 1

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

Ha. True. 

I think of them as non-comparable.

Some cars are as scary but even hypercar drivers would shake their head at how a superbike picks up speed.

The amg engine that has been talked about was the new c63 amg engine which wilL be a hybrid 3 litre v6 this would have power of 550 bhp . 

highly doubt the amg v8 would ever make it to a lotus when Mercedes them selfs are ending them in there own cars . 

I am gutted though as the sound would be amazing from such a stunning car such as the emira 

3 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Bikes are woefully slow in the twisties though! Like US muscle cars.

True. 

Id probably get round a tightish bend at twice the speed in an Emira.

Fast curves, not a lot in it, and more fun on a bike 

The Emiras will likely replace my bikes. Getting too dangerous.

8 hours ago, Tommyboy1 said:

The amg engine that has been talked about was the new c63 amg engine which wilL be a hybrid 3 litre v6 this would have power of 550 bhp . 

highly doubt the amg v8 would ever make it to a lotus when Mercedes them selfs are ending them in there own cars . 

I am gutted though as the sound would be amazing from such a stunning car such as the emira 

Last I heard (read) was the new C63 would get an evolution of the 4-pot used in the A45 and Emira + hybrid assist. Not a V6.

If looking for amazing sound the NA 6.2 V8 from the old C63 is even better than the 4.0 turbocharged V8. Even other AMG drivers often compliment my mate on his first gen C63. And I have to agree, that sounds epic from the moment you turn the key! Wouldn't want to swap though, my Esprit may be just a bit slower but far more involving to drive (especially at sub-ludicrous speeds).

It would be nice to have a Lotus V8 as a goodbye to ICE, a proper supercar like the new Esprit was supposed to be...

Filip 

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, carl12359 said:

It might just be possible Lotus left out the rear seats in the Emira so they would have the room to shoehorn a larger motor. 

Nope, the layout of Emira is an evolution of Evora mid mounted transverse V6 and i4. The V8+ gearbox would not fit at all in that layout. reengineering the rear subframe would be possible but the car would no longer be an Emira and no longer be a "sportscar"... Lotus will not do that.

I see people commenting on the U.S. forum in much the same way, as though there's still an ICE future, but I don't see it.  I think this is exactly what Lotus said it is; their last ICE car.  They'll add the AMG 4 like they said, but beyond that I think we'll start seeing a lot more electric offerings.  It doesn't really make any business sense to sink development money into something that's coming to an end.  I think they're also using the Emira partially to debug, develop and work out the processes for manufacturing, paint, etc. that will pay off when it comes time to announce new electric vehicles.

As far as performance, the electric Lotus' will out-perform anything they've ever made before, but they won't sound the same, or have the same driver engagement that a supercharged V6 with a manual trans does.  That's why I'm getting one.  For me there's more to driving enjoyment than just maximum power and acceleration.

9 hours ago, Eagle7 said:

For me there's more to driving enjoyment than just maximum power and acceleration.

This. Very very much this! I can a lot of potential for EVs, especially milk floats and other (city) delivery vans. But not for the drivers.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Me too.  We can likely trust Lotus to at least make the car 'fee' great.

I suspect they will bring out an electric Elise style car and a larger , perhaps , Emira looking car.

These might well undercut all the main contenders by some margin.  If they do then I will likely get one but not for a good few years.