Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Type 132 - Lotus Eletre - Page 19 - Eletre Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Type 132 - Lotus Eletre

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Dimensions (mm)
Length                            5,103
Width with Electric Reverse Mirror Displays        2,135
Width with door mirrors                2,231
Height                             1,630
Wheelbase                         3,019

too big for me.......

• Like 1

Well done Lotus! Not that I will ever buy a SUV and this is waaaaay to big, but I still like the fact, that Lotus will be in the EV market! Gives me hope, that one day I can sell my Tesla 3… 😉

Some very cool features indeed and those KEF speaker.. super cool! Me like it!

• Like 1
For the few who know the difference

It's not for me either, despite actively looking for an EV/SUV, pricing's probably 'cheap' for a hyper SUV, ( whatever that is! ), but more than's required for our daily  muddy drive, trips to the dump etc. I'd have been camping outside Hethel if they'd offered the Emira with an EV option, this is exciting though, the new EV/Esprit/Emira's got to be around the corner...

Having an affair with another marque... B-)

I haven't even bothered watch all the videos, sadly only 335 ? mile range. most will be urban transport.

An EV of any sort will need to match the range capability and convenience of refueling speed of cars like the 10 year old VOLVO D5 XC60 I have, that on Australian country trips will easily do 600 plus miles. The vastness of Australia a Hybrid is the only real compromise.

• Gold FFM

I like the looks, the name not so much - arguments over is it pronounced Eletreeee or Eletraaaa.

Anyway, not that I'll be able to afford one :(.

I suspect this will turn out to be the new Chelsea tractor, or Chelsea milk float as it were. Not that that's a bad thing, it'll make the roads much more interesting and the soccer moms can run over even more cyclists in their silent running SUVs. 

This sounds like a bit of a negative post, it's not meant to be and I do hope it's a positive runaway success for Lotus. 

• Like 2

Signature not working...

I thought all the poncy dancers strutting about very unnecessary but am quite impressed with the actual car specs.

I’ve got no interest or intention to buy an EV but if I did, the Eletre would be on my radar. 
My wife was watching with only half interest but did ask why they are showing the car with that nasty big dent in the door! 🤦

I know, I know, she’s a lost cause!

One more thing, was that Scott Walker driving his white Esprit when they were showing some of the older cars early on?

• Like 2

Can't see me ever having one, but it's a helluva thing and I really hope that it is a success for Lotus.  With all that porosity going on I'd be interested to see what one looked like after going down a muddy road.

Eletre is not for everybody's purse for sure. I can't even imagine the luxury tax on it over here. and just as Australia a road-trip in Canada would have to be organized very carefully even if 600km range is on par with most non diesel vehicles in that size. it is not so much about the vehicle's range and more about the grid and network of recharging stations availability. I use a GM Acadia 7 seater all winter I don't think that I can go more than 450-500km without refuelling.

Indeed I think hybrids are going to be the go to vehicles on some markets, and even-though the Eletre has what it takes to be a most amazing grand tourer, it will be limited to commuting in big metropolitan area. Lotus wanted a status symbol and i think when it comes to that this is a success. I find it interesting that they only displayed the 4 seats configuration and not the 5 seater but considering is primary markets are going to be China and the US that probably makes sens. China's young millionaires are going to love the gold accents of the car ... got to say gold is not my thing but it was showing how much they could the envelop and the envelop was quite spectacular on the inside

However the next crossover which will be Maccan size maybe a potential alternative for somebody looking at a luxury or premium product. Cause if they can produce the entry model at about 100k then by removing all the fancy air suspension, active aero, a single engine and a more compact form factor, Lotus will be able to leverage Geely's parts bin to provide to the market a vehicle in the 60k range.

The Eletre despite its name is I think a wonderful "exercice de style". and with its ginormous wheels and titghtly shape proportion it sort of looks smaller or more compact than it really is while being quite roomy inside except for the trunk which is plainly not being enough for a vehicle that is 5.10m long.

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, NedaSay said:

2023-lotus-eletre-suv-ev-113.jpg?auto=we

what color is that ? Bronze!?

It's obviously Nimbus Grey :) 

It'll be available in that plus another 5 colours at launch... 🙃

• Haha 1

There are a few design points I am not super huge on, but overall its one of the better looking SUVs I have seen. Way better than Urus IMO looks-wise.

Honestly the interior looks very nice, kind of wish the Emira's interior looked as good.

2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing (MT) ◄ 2017 Lotus Evora 400 (SOLD) ◄ 2013 Lotus Evora S (SOLD) ◄ 2005 Lotus Elise (SOLD) ◄ 1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 (SOLD)

• Gold FFM

I'm impressed that the car has left and right hand rims. Most cars these days come out with only 1 rim all the way around. Just looks odd to me.

The other thing I noticed is that they have a 5 bolt pattern on a 5 spoke rim. I look at other things now. I am not sure about the rear light bar. It looks dead straight on a rear with curves and angled lines except I suppose for the active wing line which looks dead straight as well.

Ahh, what do I know.............

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

19 minutes ago, Chris_H said:

Configurator Live-plenty of combos to play with….🙂

Tried this but no power choices and no costs......

6 hours ago, NedaSay said:

However the next crossover which will be Maccan size maybe a potential alternative for somebody looking at a luxury or premium product. Cause if they can produce the entry model at about 100k then by removing all the fancy air suspension, active aero, a single engine and a more compact form factor, Lotus will be able to leverage Geely's parts bin to provide to the market a vehicle in the 60k range.

That would be a more attractive option.

• Like 1