Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Insurance - Page 2 - Lotus Insurance - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Insurance

mayevora

10 minutes ago, mayevora said:

but included breakdown

I've been in the RAC for years and it covers me in any car. 

But surely no Lotus ever breaks down   - ....    have had the RAC out several times for my old Elite 501 and only once for one of the excels - last time over 25 years ago...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM
7 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

But surely no Lotus ever breaks down   - ....  

This current Evora is the only Lotus I’ve had that ‘hasn’t’ let me down so far lol.🤞

• Like 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM

LV won't quote on mine due to the modifications, :cry:.

Hopefully I can find something soon as renewal is 1st March. I haven't had the figure yet from my current provider (AIB) but going on the past 2 years it's going to be north of £700 if I want any decent sort of mileage allowance.

i have had a reasonable quote from a company called Flow through compare the market. Need to find out a bit more about them

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Well, that's the Evora's new cover in place from the beginning of next month.

Having the number of modifications that mine has, made it quite a challenge to find somebody to take it on at reasonable cost (I got one quote for just shy of £6k and I had to fit a black box, :o) but I just didn't want to be held to ransom yet again by my existing insurer - they were quoting £846 for the renewal.

In the end, I've just added it to the multicar policy we have for our other 2 cars through the high-ranking naval officer and so I now have the Lotus, Alfa and Saab all on 1 policy, at a premium that's about £100 less than the renewal figure for just the Evora and with £300 less of an excess. The only material difference between the 2 policies is that whereas the old one covered the modifications fully, the new one allows the car to be modified but should I make an 'at fault' claim, it would only be repaired back to factory specification - doesn't bother me as I've never made a claim on my own policy ever, in nearly 50 years of driving, and I've certainly no intention of starting now. There, that's jinxed it for sure, :rolleyes:.

Amazingly, when I informed my old insurer not to renew, they suddenly came back with a revised quote that was close to the additional premium on the multicar policy, :no. Sorry! Too little, too late. Why couldn't they offer that from the outset? :angry:

2 hours ago, Alfa2Evora said:

Amazingly, when I informed my old insurer not to renew, they suddenly came back with a revised quote that was close to the additional premium on the multicar policy, :no. Sorry! Too little, too late. Why couldn't they offer that from the outset? :angry:

Sharp business practice I'm afraid. They think they can get away with it, and so they try it on. Then they get "pissed" when customers walk away.

My Evora 410 this time is £295 based on the renewal offer that LV has just sent me. That's £10 cheaper than last year so I'll not even bother to shop around and just reward them with an easy, low cost to process for them, straightforward renewal.

I actually think it is a bargain and great service from LV (can someone please stand behind @Colin P as he reads this to catch him as he faints that I have complimented an insurer! :) ) and covers the car for commuting and "business" use, 10k miles pa, and INCLUDES protected NCB AND Motor Legal Expenses Insurance and my ability to choose the repairer (hopefully never needed) for only an additional £200 excess!  Not bad at all if you ask me....

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

• 2 months later...
  • Gold FFM

It'll be interesting to see what people's insurance comes in at this year.

For me, no change in circumstances, they sent me a message a few days ahead saying, 'just to let you know, we now treat all customers the same blah blah' insurance went up by £150 can't get it cheaper elsewhere either. Not sure if it's general inflation, increased values or what but strange leap in price.

• Like 1

Renewed mine in March and was cheaper than last year! £290 iirc including use for business on a Sport 410 Evora 

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

LV. Been with them for the last four years on the Evora and have been great.  No track day cover though.

• Gold FFM

I'm also with LV. They are still the cheapest for me but a big hike for some reason this year. I obviously offended them somehow!

• Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...

Just got my renewal through from LV, also a big hike, up from £262 to £343 and nothing changed over the last year.  After trawling CompareTheMeercat Switched to Churchill Fully Comp Plus lower excess, includes hire car and legal protection (which were extra on LV).  The bizarre thing was Churchill quote started at £254 but I realised I'd missed a windscreen claim for Mrs Mellow, added that and it dropped to £196 including business for both of us, 4k mileage.

Edited by Mellow Yellow

Just switched from LV to Churchill this morning all the benefits mentioned above by Mellow Yellow came in at £180 decided to pay a additional £25 to drop my excess by £350. More than happy.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Had the renewal for my gt430 from LV early this morning, last year £241, this year £169.     !!!!!!!!!    Can't be bad.......

• Like 1

They are for around 3000 miles per year, which is fine for me. The cars I have are for the occasional use, our main vehicle is the wife's RR Evoque.(which I don't like much)

I also live in the countryside in Devon just west of Exeter.

• 3 months later...
  • Gold FFM

My LV renewal came through last week. Had the Evora 4 years now already. Liverpool Victoria wanted a whole £1 more this year at renewal!! 😳

Renewed and very happy.

• Like 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Always haggle on renewal, don't take the first quote. 

I recently moved our work vehicle to Hastings Direct, as I won't use Admiral anymore. Hastings Direct were cheaper by 20% and fully comprehensive Vs 3rd party with Admiral. Direct Line were expensive as were Churchill - double. 

Happy New Year.

Justin

• Gold FFM
On 31/12/2022 at 17:36, jep said:

I recently moved our work vehicle to Hastings Direct, as I won't use Admiral anymore. Hastings Direct were cheaper by 20% and fully comprehensive Vs 3rd party with Admiral. 

Hope you didn’t go with them or should I say ever need to claim!

Whilst I’m a massive hater of Insurance Companies - Hastings Direct have got my 1st prize of 2022 for The most incompetent, Poor service provider and general incompetent Company I’ve ever had the non-privilege to deal with.

Daughter had a non-fault accident 1st week of October. Her car was recovered and put in a holding pen until a loss assessment could be made and a decision on write off or repair. Firstly Nobody looked at the car for 4 weeks! Next they decided it would be cost effective to repair it - great! - It then takes another 4 weeks for them to then find a body shop who weren’t too busy to take it. 2 months after the accident, Hastings Direct call my daughter and she now gets a hire car delivered to her to use whilst at the body shop! Another 48 hours pass (after she gets the hire car) and the hire car Company (not Hastings Direct) call her to say because her car had now been written off they want the hire car back within the next 24 hours. She calls Hastings Direct (one of many many sit on hold for 45 minute calls listening to a recording of “you are a valued customer, please continue to hold” to now be told yes we are writing it off (why a hire car company knows before daughter I’ll never know!) - that was 19th December! -

A fortnight later (now) still no more updates/calls, emails or no sign of their first valuation offer to pay out! 3 Months after the original accident, We are currently trying to speak to the Complaints department of the Complaints Department at Hastings Direct. @showerofshithastingsdirect

This is definitely one going to the Ombudsman! 

Hastings Direct - Avoid at all costs.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • Gold FFM

Update on my LV insurance. Renewal came through today with a note saying "we are all struggling with cost of living, if your premium has gone up here is why" (with a link)

Insurance went up by 50% for seemingly no reason 😵‍💫