Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Type 133 - Lotus Emeya - Page 2 - Emeya Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Type 133 - Lotus Emeya

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Must admit @hedgerleydo like that render. 

The new Fisker (SUV) Ocean is apparently a rival to the Tesla Model Y and will be displayed at this year’s Goodwood FoS on Electric Avenue 

Im struggling to see how an SUV that looks like a RR can be a rival for what looks like a car. Which I assume Type 133 will be competing with?

The Ocean basic price looks ok, with top of range (no pun intended although it does have have a good WLTA figure) Ocean Extreme still looking very good value and similar length to the Y!

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

I agree that render does look good.  I'm not wanting to replace my current daily until early 2024 so 133 is still a possibility rather than the Electre.

Hoping I can actually have a proper look at the Electre at Goodwood and get a better idea of if it fits as a daily.

Fisker Ocean doesn't do a lot for me.  Quite intrigued to see the Lucid Air.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Do you have any pics of the mule you've seen?

The lines of the spied prototypes are very sharp. The body looks light and agile, very pure in fact despite the camo. the pilar-less doors give it the 4 door coupe look...  Yet the car is neither low nor small if you compare the bonnet height to the Mercedes parked near the front prototype. Type 133 is going to be long and wide but that is not really a surprise. 

It will go head to head with Taycan, so I'm pretty sure Lotus Tech have bench-marked the heck of that car.  The face of Eletre should transfer nicely to a lower slung body and the fancy mouth is already clearly visible.  

Edited by NedaSay

Yeah it doesn't look that low in the picture relative to other cars. But looking at the height of the Taycan vs most normal cars, the Taycan isn't actually that low either. It uses the dramatic body shape and its length to seem lower than it is. So the Lotus should be similar in that regard.

The cover seems to completely cover the hood of the car. I wonder if that means there's no aero holes in the hood or if they just physically covered them.

I do think they have covered them as they are stylistic and not key to the car cooling system. the design team appears to be right this is a very good looking sedan, the proportions from this front three quarter view of a mule  look very harmonious, dynamic but also very classic almost early 90's profile. The unveil should come soon as it won't require much from journo's designers to give us an accurate render of what the car will look like without the camo.

I think the front STARTS very low. That should be good for air resistance. You can also make out the same DLR-lights as the Eletre has. But it seems the cover has a hole just underneath them. So there should be the second pair of DLR-lights from the prototype picture. You can also see the LIDAR sensor on top. Hopefully it can be retracted. I'm especially curious about the back of the car. There is a render of a magazine that just took the behind of the eletre and shrunk it. The proportions looked terrible. So the designers hopefully came up with something beautiful.   

• 5 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

https://carnewschina.com/2022/11/21/lotus-envya-type-133-electric-sedan-spied-in-china/

"The development of the last petrol-powered sports cars remains in the UK. But after the current generation, there won’t be any new ones. So all actual development will be in China only."  🤪

• Haha 1

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

It should be the same length or there about as a Zeekr 001, so yes in the 5m+ range. Type 133 is still using SEA so I don't think it will share much with NIO products yet.

The use of bigger wheels and cab forward will make the car look smaller than it really is, but this is an executive luxury sedan, designed not to only for the driver but also very strongly for the rear passenger. I just hope the lidar integration will be done in a sleeker manner.

Edited by NedaSay

3 hours ago, JimH said:

"The development of the last petrol-powered sports cars remains in the UK. But after the current generation, there won’t be any new ones. So all actual development will be in China only."  🤪

That is quite a strong statement.

• Gold FFM

And wrong…..

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Unveil can't be far now, the  frequency of these leaks is getting higher. With Emira slowly ramping up production in the UK Eletre almost ready for production and to get to market in China.  It is going to be time for Lotus Tech and Lotus  HQ to flex their marketing muscle on Type 133. 2 names have been trademarked Etude and Envya. I find Envya a bit too needy and Etude a bit to bland.

The car will have great bones and again i don't think Ben's team  has gotten it wrong it maybe a tad conservative but the lines appear to be clean and simple. If the dashboard  and the interior are a slight variation on Eletre so be it. I don't think it will bother prospective buyers.

Now my question is, can they undercut Eletre on price?  Can it start at 75-80k? SUVs are typically more expansive then sedans so could Lotus price type 133 more aggressively than Eletre ?

1 hour ago, NedaSay said:

Unveil can't be far now, the  frequency of these leaks is getting higher.

We will have to keep a look out for all those annoying teasers being released on Facebook etc, to tease the name .......

• Haha 1

The Lotus type 133 and the Polestar 5 ought to compete in the same league. The Power is equivalent to or greater. The cost is the same or higher. They even target the Taycan, much like the Lotus does. brand one, brand two, brand three, brand four...