Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Type 133 - Lotus Emeya - Page 6 - Emeya Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Type 133 - Lotus Emeya

Bibs

• 2 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

image.jpeg

• The all-new Lotus Emeya hyper-GT can complete up to 25 trillion operations in the same amount of time it takes the human brain to identify an image.
  • The in-vehicle supercomputer is the NVIDIA DRIVE platform, acting as the brain of the car.
  • Two NVIDIA DRIVE Orin systems-on-a-chip (SoCs) are used to process data from 34 state-of-the-art-surround sensors up to 30 times a second.
  • An electronically controlled air suspension feels the road ahead 1,000 times per second, making dynamic adjustments.

London, UK – 17 November 2023
The all-new Lotus Emeya hyper-GT can complete up to 25 trillion operations in the same amount of time it takes the human brain to identify an image, which is approximately 50 milliseconds, or 1/20th of a second.* In an all-electric automotive era, Lotus believes processing power is the new horsepower – and Emeya is a thoroughbred.

Lotus Emeya combines 75 years of heritage with intelligent performance. Its in-vehicle supercomputer is the NVIDIA DRIVE platform, which acts as the brain for Lotus’ intelligent vehicles, providing data centre-class processing power.

Dual NVIDIA DRIVE Orin systems-on-a-chip (SoCs) are used to process data from 34 state-of-the-art-surround sensors up to 30 times a second, offering 360-degree perception with no blind spots.

Four deployable LiDARs, 18 radars, seven 8 mp cameras and five 2 mp cameras combine to ensure driver confidence by scanning for obstacles at a radius of up to 200m around the car, in every direction, even in low light or inclement weather. They even reconstruct a virtual environment around the vehicle to define the best trajectory – an essential requirement in an autonomous future.

All of this processing power comes from two NVIDIA SoCs, which combined deliver 508 trillion operations per second, or TOPS, of compute in a compact form factor, measuring the size of a postage stamp, just 3mm thick.

Built on the automotive manufacturer’s innovative and versatile Electric Premium Architecture (EPA) that already underpins the Eletre hyper-SUV, the Emeya hyper-GT is Lotus’ latest iteration of a car that is truly for the drivers.

Maximilian Szwaj, Vice-President of Lotus Technology and Managing Director, LTIC said: “Processing power is quickly becoming the new horsepower. That’s why, with Emeya, we’ve built a supercomputer on wheels. It is packed with high-tech features designed to provide customers confidence, safety and satisfaction. It is also fully future-proofed and ready for an autonomous future, with software that can be continually updated over the air.”

Ali Kani, Vice President of Automotive at NVIDIA, added: “With NVIDIA DRIVE Orin as the brain of the Emeya, Lotus customers will be able to experience new convenience and safety features throughout the life of the car.”

Powered by technological innovation
The Lotus Emeya hyper-GT hosts a suite of intelligent features, powered by the dual NVIDIA DRIVE Orin configuration, to help drivers maximise the car’s safe and secure driving capabilities and build in the headroom support for future potential features through over-the-air (OTA) software updates. An electronically controlled air suspension feels the road ahead at a rate of 1,000 times per second, making dynamic adjustments to ensure a confident and inspiring ride, which can be for either comfort or spirited driving.

A raft of advanced aerodynamic technologies, including an active front grille, rear diffuser and rear spoiler, combine to smooth airflow and create class-leading levels of downforce. These technologies are spiritual successors to the innovative aerodynamics that shot Lotus to fame on race circuits around the world.

Packaged beneath the floor is a state-of-the-art 800-volt, 102 kWh Lithium-ion battery pack. Compared to conventional 400-volt systems, the 800-volt architecture allows drivers to charge from 10% to 80% in just 18 minutes when connected to a 350kW DC fast charger.

An interior in perfect balance
The interior of Lotus Emeya features a stunning 15.1” OLED touchscreen that displays beautifully crisp, clear images using over 16 million colours, with up to seven configurable screens also available. The central screen and Lotus Emeya’s intelligent ‘Digital Cockpit’ are powered by a dual-configuration setup of Qualcomm’s latest Snapdragon 8155 processor and Epic Games’ Unreal Engine 3 software.

This software and hardware enable the functionality of Lotus’ award-winning Hyper OS. Occupants will now be able to seamlessly operate the user interface with zero lag while also experiencing beautifully rendered real-time graphics with great interactive feedback for complete control.

Drivers can quickly access crucial external environment details using the expansive augmented reality head-up display. It combines real-time road information with navigation and advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) data, connecting the driver to the road with instant access to crucial environmental information and avoiding distractions from excessive information.  

Smart, intelligent and future-proofed
The Lotus Emeya boasts a state-of-the-art intelligent EV routing system which is capable of learning individual driving patterns, such as departure times, destinations and routes, to offer more personalised journeys.

Backed by future-proofed hardware and software, Emeya not only provides the very latest ADAS functionality but is also purpose-built for a safe, autonomous and connected future. With 5G connectivity enabled, Emeya supports OTA updates to ensure the car is continually improving.

Emeya joins as a flagship model in Lotus’ line-up of luxury lifestyle electric vehicles, part of the company’s vision to become a global performance brand by 2028. Production is expected to begin in 2024.

Details on market availability and pricing will be announced at a future date.

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

After reading the announcement, my initial reaction was that there is an awful lot that could potentially go wrong.  This is in no way limited to Lotus, the majority of manufacturers are heading in the same direction.

It will be interesting when these cars hit the used market out of warranty, and technology has advanced even further.  Identifying faults will be a nightmare, and the supply of obsolete bespoke electronics could result in such cars becoming little more than ornaments.

On 23/05/2023 at 21:49, Sport220 said:

The Eletre uses a battery of the same capacity so I wouldn’t call it "entirely speculation". I am yet to see an official weight figure for it but there’s absolutely no way it will be “under two tonnes” as Mat Windle had promised. 

https://www.drive.com.au/news/lotus-eletre-electric-suv-weight/

It sounds ridiculous to me that Lotus would go all-out on range and, at the very least, not offer a version with a smaller battery for Type 133.

Personally I think Lotus should try and be truthful to their ethos. And comparing a 79 with a 112 kWh battery does not yield a “minor variation in weight”. Never will I ever see the Eletre as a Lotus. But that’s just my 2p.

Lotus was founded by Colin Chapman in 1948 in Hethel, UK. A maverick engineer and era-defining mind, Chapman believed in the power of simplicity, subtracting the redundant and investing in the essential. Over the years, Lotus has remained true to its founder’s spirit, with countless racetrack victories and engineering breakthroughs to its name.

Just like diehard Porsche fans I think the same will be true for Lotus ones, anything other than a sports car that weighs little more than a feather can’t be classed as a Lotus but the bottom line is the ICE engine is coming to an end (sad but true) and batteries is something every manufacturer is adapting to so to begin with at the very least these cars will be much heavier until the technology allows for the battery capacity to increase whilst reducing the overall size and weight.

If you have happened to had owned both a Porsche sports car and SUV whilst they feel entirely different you can still see and feel that same DNA and I honestly believe the same is true for the Lotus Eletre and upcoming Emeya, the EV part of the mixture is the part that is the biggest difference which is true for all brands, it’s so instant and smooth in its action that feels nothing like an ICE even at their best.

After driving the Eletre for me Lotus has finally reached the point where it’s not classed as a small Micky mouse brand but one capable of delivering the kind of product Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Range Rover etc would be proud of. In other words they have finally reached the BIG LEAGUE. 

Edited by Footie
  • Like 1

Currently driving an i4M50

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

3 years of Lotus Emeya testing and development complete. Pics, video and more of the final artic circle stages below...

https://www.thelotusforums.com/latest-news/lotus-cars-news/lotus-emeya-completes-final-stage-of-intensive-test-and-development-programme/

Very dull video included too. Seems like it wants to start but never quite makes it! 

• Like 1

I hate Lotus overuse of the "hyper" word but have to admit this is one car I am very much looking forward to seeing in the flesh. In red and yellow this looks quite stunning.

I've got no real interest in "hyper SUV's", as many will have gathered by now, but I think this saloon could well be a massive hit for Lotus. And if they can make that tank of an Eletre handle like it does, then God only knows what this car will deliver in handling and driving dynamics. I'd expect not much will compare to it to be honest.

Loved the video. The music I think is from a film (can't recall), and if the video was 4 times longer it wouldn't have been boring! :)

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM

I've seen one now, on the back of a transporter on the M4 (all the new Lotus can be spotted on that route quite early seemingly).

Looks alright. A bit big looking, but alright.

• Like 1

Surprisingly it can even have the retractable tow bar, like the Eletre. So whatever its towing capacity, it'll be more than that of a Taycan which even as the Cross Tourismo model has a tow capacity of, er, ZERO.

• Like 1
“You can’t have too many bikes"

And remind us again of the "range" when towing something of substance, either for the Eletre or the Emeya?

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

9 Emeya are now listed on AT as being available  

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-search?make=LOTUS&model=Emeya&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&postcode=ex66aq&radius=200&sort=distance

so can't be that long to be launched at ones local dealer?

Has been suggested that Emeya demos are due to dealers next month.... but time will tell. Didn't hear about any sort of launch event.

• 2 weeks later...

Posted on FB,

Lotus Emeya @ Lotus Brussels from 19 till 21 April!

Joining the Lotus lineup as a flagship model, Emeya is one of the fastest fully electric hyper grand tourer models in the world.
Come and discover this beauty from Thursday 18th of April to Sunday 21st of April between 10.00 am and 17.00 pm.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like they had a good opening at the Brussels launch (lunch....)

from FB.

think they had a car to.

May be an image of champagne and text that says "RANH RAN lesValentines COTES COTESDEPROVENCE DE PROVENCE"

No photo description available.

May be an image of 6 people and text that says "EST.1948 5 1948 EST."

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I love the look of the Emeya, and really want to see it become the huge success that Lotus needs it to be.

However, does anyone else think its pricing may need adjusting, in light of the unexpectedly impressive figures for the updated Taycan, its direct competitor?

The base Emeya at £95K does 0-62 in 4.15s and has a claimed range of 310-379 miles.

The £95K Taycan 4S manages 0-62 in 3.7s, has a range of 421 miles (and has been seen achieving that (or very close) in a few reviews).

The Emeya R at £130K does 0-62 in 2.78s and has a claimed range of 270-301 miles.

The £134K Taycan Turbo (Turbo !?! - answers on a postcard) manages 0-62 in 2.7s and has a claimed range of 370-390 miles.

Personally, I'd still have the Lotus because I love Lotus and I do think it's a better looking car, too. To a completely neutral customer looking to purchase an electric sports GT car, I worry that the Emeya might struggle. I only hope the reviews come in pointing out that's it's dynamically very impressive and a better drive.

I'm looking forward to the inevitable head-to-head duels, but feel the range disparity will hurt sales.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bee said:

I only hope the reviews come in pointing out that's it's dynamically very impressive and a better drive.

I'm looking forward to the inevitable head-to-head duels, but feel the range disparity will hurt sales.

Evo have already decided that the Porsche won!

• Like 1

The small print.

@C8RKH no surprise there 

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

• 1 month later...

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/lotus-emeya-out-charges-porsche-taycan

The new Lotus Emeya is the fastest-charging electric production car, the brand has claimed, after it recorded a 10-80% refill in just 14 minutes.

The luxury saloon reached a peak charging rate of 402kW and averaged 331kW during the test, which was completed using a 400kW DC connection. Notably, this is greater than the 320kW peak rate claimed by Porsche for the facelifted Taycan.

• Like 2