Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Thruxton Hendy Performance Open Day - 24th July 2022 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Thruxton Hendy Performance Open Day - 24th July 2022

Bibs

As Hendy have 3 dealer/retailer locations will they have a reasonable Lotus presence at the event. It looks as if it is more Ford orientated??? If they had a good Lotus presence then it may be worth going  @Hendy Lotus Exeter????

And being July there is a chance of an Emira or 2?

We highly recommend going, and it will be an even better experience as part of your club or going with a group of friends. Last year's event was our first, and despite the weather, we had an great turn out and an exceptional range of cars on show, along with some manufacturers stands and Paul Swift's stunt display. 

We also had this....

f1.jpg

• Like 2

There is mention of a number of elan M100 owners on lotuselancentral who have indicated they may go. 

Yep, I've signed up with them Bibs - didn't realise TLF might have a pitch.  I'll give you a wave though obviously....😜

• Like 1

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

14 of us have so far committed to this over on LEC @Bibs

mainly due to the date change of the Club Lotus Castle Combe track day caused by the Queen's celebrations.  Personally happy to promote LEC support in whatever you decide to do especially as most of the 14 are on here too.....

Dave.

Closer to the event will pop in and see if Hendy Exeter have any special plans. 

1 hour ago, DaveC72 said:

I'm up for this in whatever form we go. 👍

ps Happy birthday Dave.....youngster at 50....

• Like 1

Happy Birthday  dave.

I went to the last one, the carpark was very thin on Lotus (lots of Ford). I would definitely be up for it again especially if there's a group of us. My elise looked very small and lonely with all the modern mustangs.

The Lotus 72d and chatting with the guys who brought it along  made it worth attending alone but also the skid pan is fun to watch if its running and there was a good variety of interesting cars, I even had a little chat with Tiff.

• Like 2

The last one was a good day out, as well as watching the antics on the skid pan they had a very good stunt driving display on the main straight. There were several Alpine A110s on display and  Land Rover were taking people around an obstacle course to show off the capabilities of the Disco. As above above there were lots of Mustangs and Fords in the display area. The Historic Lotus guys were kind enough to push the Type 72 into position so  we could  get some photos of it surrounded by my Esprit an Elan and an Elise. Sadly I don't seem to be able to include one of the photos in this post.   

Normally Aspirated - and lovin' it!

• Gold FFM

Only 100 miles away so rude not to. If you want car on the stand or help on the stand, no problem Bibs 👍😁

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• 3 weeks later...

1. Bibs - Evora
2. DaveC72 - Evora

3. KennyN - Emira (If Lotus manage to stick to their estimated delivery date)

4. Mark (indevon)- Evora

5. Techyd (Dean) - Elise

1. Bibs - Evora
2. DaveC72 - Evora

3. KennyN - Emira (If Lotus manage to stick to their estimated delivery date)

4. Mark (indevon)- Evora

5. Techyd (Dean) - Elise

6. Nigel - Europa SE

7. Kevin - Turbo Esprit

8. Choppa Esprit S3

Normally Aspirated - and lovin' it!