Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Ukraine - Page 8 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Ukraine

LotusLeftLotusRight

This is a really informative video about why the Ukraine situation has arisen. It's about 30 mins long, worth watching.

https://youtu.be/If61baWF4GE

• Thanks 1

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

So our news here has just shown some Russian diplomat excuses himself as he says he has to answer his mobile. Few seconds later, this.

"Well, that was a call from my comrades that the USA has committed another unprovoked hostile act against the Russian people by ejecting all Russian diplomats in America."

The poor, poor little snowflakes.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Ukraine pilots seem to be getting EU funded planes....... Does not bode well for keeping the rest of Europe out of the conflict...

Been reported in a number of places including the BBC this morning.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1573688/ukraine-war-escalates-poland-jets-fight-russia-eu-funded-josep-borrel

Ukraine armed forces pick up EU-funded fighter jets from Poland

UKRAINIAN soldiers have reportedly arrived in Poland to take control of planes donated by European Union nations in support of Kyiv over Moscow's attacks.

• Gold FFM
43 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

Ukraine armed forces pick up EU-funded fighter jets from Poland

And theres the 56M worth of weapons coming from Australia - just hope the Ukrainians have enough folks to use the stuff that’s coming from everyone 

Only here once

24 minutes ago, march said:

A plea for some help - Is anyone aware of anyone acting as a clearing house / contact for incoming Ukranian refugee families to the UK. We have an apartment currently vacant that could possibly house up to 2 families in Devon. I know the UK government is being far from helpful in this area at the moment but I hope this will change.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-60563500 Exeter Uni has a number of Ukraine students and seem to have started something?

• Like 1

Just read reports that Putin has sent his family to a nuclear bunker in Siberia.

Putin's not long for this world, so he's taking everyone with him.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10563727/Putin-moves-family-members-Siberian-underground-city-designed-survive-nuclear-war.html

I really hope that Professor is talking a load of bollocks.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Head of NATO and Polish President have today announced that NATO countries will not be transferring any aircraft to Ukraine. That’s really bad news for Ukraine if true.

https://www.nato.int/cps/en/natohq/opinions_192582.htm

Also the Ukraine pilots would take a while to 'learn' to fly them - if they are not ex 'USSR/soviet' planes like those that were mentioned in a previous article.

Well, a bounty for Putin of $1 million for his arrest was posted by Russian entrepreneur Alex Konanykhin.  

At least, some Russian's are realizing an evil person is in control of their country.

The article is available here:

$1 million bounty on Putin offered by Russian businessman (msn.com)

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

5 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

He’d just give the successful bounty hunter $2 million to let him go.

Yep, that's definitely a possibility. But a bounty hunter with a conscience would feel better eliminating a potential nuke button pusher.

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

1 hour ago, DanR said:

Ivan the Terrible is an appropriate name for this monster.  So Putin looks up to this spawn of hell as a role model.  God help the proud people of Ukraine since there's a likely hood the spawn of hell has returned a few hundred years later.  The bounty needs to be increased to $1 billion.  The group that takes him out can split it among themselves providing they remove all remnants of Putin's regimen.  And take down those F**king statues of Ivan and put Zelensky in charge!

With oligarch's around Europe being hit with sanctions I'm struggling to understand why the UK isn't doing the same? We've had enough grief from the Russian government and of course the current situation is further justification but it seems like our government are sitting on their hands still. 

• Love 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

And  Russian oligarchs' super yachts  seized...  

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60604206

Rosneft boss Igor Sechin's yacht Amore Vero

Also Russia Today RT......

RT: Russian-backed TV news channel disappears from UK screens

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-60584092

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bibs said:

With oligarch's around Europe being hit with sanctions I'm struggling to understand why the UK isn't doing the same? We've had enough grief from the Russian government and of course the current situation is further justification but it seems like our government are sitting on their hands still

@BibsApparently something to do with concerns about being sued. Probably lawyers looking for fees

Ukraine invasion: UK sanctions against some oligarchs may take weeks https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60605462

So Putin tells Macron that the was is going to plan 😮

Is that an admission that he is guilty of Genocide and war crimes, after all he’s told Macron that he planned this 😟

1 hour ago, PaulCP said:

@BibsApparently something to do with concerns about being sued. Probably lawyers looking for fees

Strange that the EU is managing this without too many worries. Our government appears (to me) to be having a complete failure in letting the populous know what the government is actually managing to achieve, or it's shown it has a complete and utter lack of backbone.

• Love 1

@marchI agree, I was only pointing out what was being reported.

I would hope that any lawyer or law firm outside of Russia would refuse to take on any Oligard case in such cases,  but in reality lawyer are not renowned for doing the moral thing, especially when large amounts of cash are likely to change hands.

I see the Russian FA are threatening to sue FIFA & UEFA for banning Russian teams from international matches. Let’s hope they both keep the one bit of backbone that they seem to have unusually found

• Like 1