Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Ukraine - Page 35 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Ukraine

LotusLeftLotusRight

So, almost a year since Putin started this war, today BBC reports 

Russian soldiers are dying in greater numbers in Ukraine this month than at any time since the first week of the invasion, according to Ukrainian data.

The Ukrainian data shows 824 Russian soldiers dying per day in February.

The figures were highlighted by the UK's Ministry of Defence. The figures cannot be verified - but the UK says the trends are "likely accurate".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-64616099

12 months in and all the good kit and experienced soldiers are gone. Cannon fodder and guns that are older than the soldiers parents, it's not a great situation for anyone but particularly grim for those on the front lines.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Think you would be a bit pissed off if you had to drive through the mess, and then get your car/bus/van cleaned. Would depend on what sort of paint they used. They said they were relying on passing traffic to spread it around.

• Like 1

I'm all for actions to support Ukraine, but I have to agree this is quite a mess. I don't think any of us would be very happy to get paint on the tires of a Lotus...

And even if it's water based it shouldn't just be allowed to mix with the rain water and end up in the environment. I preferred the yellow and blue spotlights that were aimed at several Russian embassies and similar buildings. Gets the point across but doesn't leave a mess. But that is limited to evenings and nights of course.

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Been watching all the "Ukraine Specials!" and the one that really hit home was Ukraine from above, that I watched last night. Showing before and after pics from Drones. Plus loads of stuff about how they have modified civilian drones.

Watching them drop a small bomb through the open hatch's of various tanks even when on the move shows real skill. @Bibs You would have a new job if it happened here!

But apart from the BBC, they are really quite shocking. Watching them drop a bomb on a group of Russians hiding in a fox hole, then as they roll about in pain dropping another to finish them off.

Wowsa.

I am not sure how we would cope if it happened to us. Imagine all our young people getting out there and fighting! "I refuse, you can't make me! Its against my human rights and I identify as a passifist".

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Pretty dumb move by Russia, are they really after WWIII?

https://funker530.com/video/us-military-video-from-su-27-vs-mq-9-incident-over-black-sea/

That Mig fighter just ran into the Reaper Drone.  Why didn't it try flipping the wing with its wingtip like they did to the V-1 buzz bombs in WWII?  Or use their guns, cannons or a missiles?

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

They were dumping fuel on it at first in an attempt to bring it down. I would imagine that the collision was just the Russian pilot being a bit shit, their military haven't showered themselves in glory over the last year or so. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

2 hours ago, Bibs said:

They were dumping fuel on it at first in an attempt to bring it down. I would imagine that the collision was just the Russian pilot being a bit shit, their military haven't showered themselves in glory over the last year or so. 

My Thoughts as well.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM
17 hours ago, Bibs said:

Pretty dumb move by Russia, are they really after WWIII?

https://funker530.com/video/us-military-video-from-su-27-vs-mq-9-incident-over-black-sea/

If there's a video, I can't watch it or it won't load. Which part of the jet hit the prop of the reaper? Would have damaged the jet as well.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Difficult to see exactly what part of the plane hit the prop. Certainly part of the underside, maybe the exhaust area? Pretty kamikaze flying though, particularly against something so defenceless.

In related news, Poland has agreed to release some of their MiG-29s to Ukraine. The first one will arrive in a few days. Others are being serviced ready for despatch.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/03/16/europe/poland-fighter-jets-ukraine-intl/index.html

• Gold FFM

I suspect they didn't intend to bring it down just blind it/interfere with it and they wouldn't want to shoot a US drone over international waters to avoid risk of escalation. It's a bit silly and a bit fatuous, but that's Russia for you.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I was able to find it on YT and it is pretty dopey. I then found a website which says because of reflections and lighting and only five seconds long etc. that it is not actual footage of what happened and that the drone had no identifying markings. I don't know how they could tell that from such a short video as well as a limited view of the drone?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Also thought Russia claimed that these international waters was theirs, as part of areas they had invaded?

Territorial claims typical of such situations, same goes for the aerial brinksmanship. Big deal. The Americans have gamed it all in advance, just as the Russians will have done. I see no reason to conclude Putin's camp are suicidal. simply struggling with a near intractable situation of their own making. China watches it all in quiet contemplation. Coffee time way out here in the West, just saw a headline announcing Putin's indictment by the ICC for crimes against humanity. Huzzah!

So it’s claimed today that yesterday Putin made a visit to Mariupol. I bet there are many in Kyiv who wish they’d known as they could have arranged a big welcome party with mucho fireworks.