Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Road Tests & Reviews - Page 31 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Road Tests & Reviews

Bibs

Thanks @JimH

How does manual shifting performance  compare between I4 and V6 auto?

But remember one thing: don't lose your head to a woman that'll spend your bread: Lotus Turbo Esprit (89-11); Lotus Esprit GT3 (12-14): Lotus Evora S (14-17); Lotus Esprit V8 SE "UK Last 15" (18-23) Lotus Emira FE 400 (23-..)

• Gold FFM

For a true comparison someone would need to run a back to back test of Emira v6 Auto and i4 I guess. No one’s reviewed the V6 auto yet, as far as I can see, but it does have the identical ‘electric shift joystick switch’ and no actual owner seems to have even mentioned the sideways manual shift on the V6 auto…..

• Like 1

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

I was meaning more how the manual shifting compares between the two Emira models using paddles (ie is the DCT faster/smoother, even given the road testers' comments)

• Like 1

But remember one thing: don't lose your head to a woman that'll spend your bread: Lotus Turbo Esprit (89-11); Lotus Esprit GT3 (12-14): Lotus Evora S (14-17); Lotus Esprit V8 SE "UK Last 15" (18-23) Lotus Emira FE 400 (23-..)

It may be that each dealer will have the same question posed to them, think Exeter will have an i4 demo to run alongside their V6 auto and V6 manual demos, so see no reason why someone could not test the 2 auto cars on the same day to make a comparison.

• Like 1

To be fair, PH says “By Lotus standards the dual-clutch is a fabulous auto.”

And I thought the Evora 400 auto shift was ok...

• Gold FFM

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

• Gold FFM
6 hours ago, Bibs said:

Lack of steering feel Vs AMG is a bit of a shocker. I find it hard to believe anything from Lotus that has hydraulic steering would not be a great steer.

• 2 weeks later...

Topped out at 280 klicks (just!)

Edited by Jack Stone
  • Like 1

Why the lack of i4 reviews on YouTube ? There was a couple including Harry’s one some weeks ago but nothing since, was expected plenty after the first ones landed.

• Like 1

Future wish list - Exige V6

Interesting to see on that American video of the V6 auto posted on Monday, that it was still holding 2nd gear right up until an indicated 70mph. I couldn’t imagine driving along a road like that at those sort of speeds in 2nd gear. I wonder what mpg he was getting!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...