Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Early S or Launch Edition wanted - Wanted - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Early S or Launch Edition wanted

Trant

Hiya I thought I’d put it out there. I owned an Elise S1 around 15 years ago and I’m still kicking myself for selling it, but I’m now in the market for an early Evora S or a launch edition. I’m UK based and wondered if there’s anyone on here looking to move theirs on? Preferably grey, black, silver. I’m doing the usual pistonheads and auto trader searching and not much is coming up…. Full service history and low ish mileage preferred. Kr Chris

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Believe me Liquid Blue is a stunning colour a past owner of the NA in the same colour. In my opinion better than any grey or black you possibly find out there.

3D7DCFA8-54B7-47F4-B71A-76C1D03D36CC.jpeg

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Rambo said:

It's on the thread that Bibs mentioned but I feel you should be aware of this cracker

https://www.lotusforsale.com/ads/evora-huge-spec-low-mileage-superb-main-dealer-history/

Don't delay. An excellent example for the price

thats a great price

• Like 1

TBH I don’t think you can wait for colour as the market is so limited 

but I guess you could wait but it can be long wait potentially 

I saw similar car above in this thread when I was searching 4 odd years ago but I was always drawn to brighter colours like red however each to their own 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Trant said:

Hiya I thought I’d put it out there. I owned an Elise S1 around 15 years ago and I’m still kicking myself for selling it, but I’m now in the market for an early Evora S or a launch edition. I’m UK based and wondered if there’s anyone on here looking to move theirs on? Preferably grey, black, silver. I’m doing the usual pistonheads and auto trader searching and not much is coming up…. Full service history and low ish mileage preferred. Kr Chris

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/13107297

A candidate?

• Like 2

The black car is yummy, I don't like dark interiors but I can forgive as the exterior is perfection, silver small wheels are right up my alley. 

Original gear knob intact too, a sculptural delight and an all-time classic that bizarrely most don't like.

Justin 

• Like 1

Again don’t worry too much about wheel colour type as this can be changed later ? 
need to be quick as I suspect there could be a few buyers already in the frame ?

need to make an appointment to test drive etc as even 4 years ago the cars advertised many were snapped up in short time especially with all 3 packs 

1 hour ago, Trant said:

Yes I’m like the look of this one! Does anyone know if they are original wheels? Swap that for grey and black forged wheels I’m all over it!! 

Yes they are original. Wheel colours can be changed to any colour. Just don't take inspiration from me 😅. I changed mine to mars gold metallic to make it a GP edition replica 🤣

Matey,  don't hang around.  These go just like that.  They will only become more desirable.  As others have said, wheel colours should not be a deal-breaker.  You can have any colour wheel you want for a few hundred quid.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jep said:

Carbon grey is a winner. The choice of the Evora designers too.IMG_20210608_1410261.thumb.jpg.036e39ceadd2387005ed2dcf4a2f5fd1.jpg

That's my car at the London Concours. Did you also go?

Such a great 3 days, especially as the weather was amazing. Never drunk so much champagne and talked cars in my life. Hopefully will go again this year.

@Trantwhy aren't you considering any N/A,.does it have to be a Launch Edition. Just seems odd to limit your choice, especially as they are the oldest version of the Evora now.

• Like 2

Yes, I was there for a day, a pal of mine had a 959 on show and we had complimentary tickets. 

The fixation by some on Launch Edition is bizarre. It's not as if they had special features like an Essex Esprit or Exige LF1. If you want all 3 option packs, plenty of later NA have these and you'll most likely get CR gearbox which for me is a driving must. Sports Racer NA I get the appeal, (a) rare (b) different look.

NA is unquestionably the best looking Evora. 🙂

Justin 

1 hour ago, jep said:

Yes, I was there for a day, a pal of mine had a 959 on show and we had complimentary tickets. 

The fixation by some on Launch Edition is bizarre. It's not as if they had special features like an Essex Esprit or Exige LF1. If you want all 3 option packs, plenty of later NA have these and you'll most likely get CR gearbox which for me is a driving must. Sports Racer NA I get the appeal, (a) rare (b) different look.

NA is unquestionably the best looking Evora. 🙂

Justin 

I on the other hand do get why people go for the LE , I've got one and must admit I didn't go looking for one but I'm glad it's the one I've got.  Firstly in my eyes it's the closest to the design intent for the project, after the LEs changes came in to (a) make it cheaper to make , (b) Evolve the design language and (C) fix the bits they got not quite right , (C) gives you something to do. Also when I was hunting for cars in my price range few I found had all 3 packs bar the LEs which surprised me. 

The CR Vs LR box arguement is a personal thing , I'm quite happy with the LR box , knock it in 6th for effortless cruising and the other 5 for everything else... Maybe that's after coming from a S2 111S Elise though.

As for the SR look, it's not overly difficult or expensive to replicate.

But just my opinion..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAWS said:

That's my car at the London Concours. Did you also go?

Such a great 3 days, especially as the weather was amazing. Never drunk so much champagne and talked cars in my life. Hopefully will go again this year.

@Trantwhy aren't you considering any N/A,.does it have to be a Launch Edition. Just seems odd to limit your choice, especially as they are the oldest version of the Evora now.

Yes I’d be open seeing what’s around. It’s the colour, grey, that I’d really like to tick the box.

If you intend to wait for a particular colour and a particular spec, you may end up waiting a very long time. 

Don’t forget that they didn’t manage to make many Evoras of any version. You aren’t dealing with a usual market here. 

• Gold FFM

^^ what Bravo73 said, plus to add to that advice about not being too particlar on the car's spec another good tip is to buy on condition.

Originally I was looking for a silver NA Evora with a black or grey interior on a 10 plate or later, but I lucked in with an early LE in aquarmaine blue (considered by some as a "marmite" colour) with an oyster interior. Before then I'd looked at a couple of grey cars and a laser blue one, but the car I have now was the best of the bunch in terms condition and I've had it now for 8 years.

• Like 1

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

image.png.9db97d94b90c8d44f75911ca24efff36.png