Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you 'Shake your Head' today? - Page 3 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you 'Shake your Head' today?

ramjet

BBC News - Liphook Bohunt School teacher banned from profession

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-61408202 there wouldn't have been any teachers left in my school. So a slap is termed a beating.

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

And what action is taken against the scrotes who regularly threaten and hit their teachers? Oh yes, the little darlings are wrapped in cotton wool and sent on tax payer funded holidays.

This country has gone mad. 

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

Hmmm, reading that has just got me thinking 🤔 

In this day and age of everybody being expected to apologise for events in the past and claims right left & centre for past wrong doings, do I have a valid claim for being whacked on the @rse with a cane 54 years ago 🤔

Then again, probably not, I think I deserved it!

But wait, has it affected my mental health? Could be some mileage on this yet 🤔😉🙄

• Like 2

Myself & a colleague had to do an online assessment of whether we needed to go on one of those. He drives rather steadily in his Ford Fiesta (think 1l), me in the Turbo Esprit driving slightly differently. he had to do the day course, I didn't.  

• Haha 1

Apparently I'm a low risk - still gave me 4 modules that I am supposed to learn from. Stuff that, only the assessment is "compulsory". Box ticked, HR happy, perhaps now I can do some work.

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

• Gold FFM

Nah. Coffee first to help deal with the stress of the modules. :sweat:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

A news item about cyclist safety today focused on the importance of separate cycle paths. Someone from the city was explaining how they had gone to great costs to build this wide cycle path, with perfect tarmac and a line of trees as a boundary to the road. In the background a cyclist clearly prefers to drive on the road, in traffic, instead of on the cycle path... Point proven I think.
And no, the news crew was not blocking the cycle path.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM

It's about time you did something. :getmecoat:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

On 12/05/2022 at 15:52, Colin P said:

Think it has to go here rather than the happy and unhappy thread......

I've been sent a "Driving for Work Risk Management" assessment - designed to make us better and safer drivers with the results showing areas for improvement.

You'd think that as I sent my boss a picture of the satnav showing 122mph on a B road on the IOM that they really wouldn't have bothered......

That's exactly why your boss sent you on the course. He doesn't want you driving like Lewis Hamilton or Crash Musthappen on company business 😉

Funnily enough it seemed more interested in saving fuel and when to turn your lights on. 

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

People that queue across intersections in their cars. Lights turn red and the other traffic can't move because these pillocks are in the intersection.

Whatever happened to the law when driving that you do not enter an intersection unless you can completely cross it?

I did this once in the main street of Geelong and the guy & girl behind me get on their horn, then pull into the lane beside me where he leans out the window, beer in hand and berates me, swearing his head off, about how I need to learn to drive.

Sounds like you need some of these

box-junction.jpg

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Traffic lights or the big yellow crossy square?

I'm guessing the crossy square. It wont stop those selfish barstewards that know but don't care, but might make the distracted driver think twice before moving on (that's probably all the optimism I can muster today...).

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Filip is right - called a box junction. You cannot enter it if your exit is not clear - unless you are turning right. A lot (especially in London) are enforced by cameras, and you get a nice fine through your letterbox.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

We only have red light cameras that are triggered by a car crossing the sensors after the light has turned red. We don't have anything like monitoring cameras that I know of anywhere in Victoria.

And you're right Filip. Drivers just do what they want.

Don't get me started on indicating at roundabouts. Don't know what your traffic rules state, but over here they said if you were going straight ahead on a four way roundabout, you didn't have to indicate as people were really confused. The result? Easiest path of resistance. More than half of people don't even bother to indicate in there now.

You have to move using The Force.

You never have enough fun in that part of the world.

I have never been as scared driving as in Melbourne, with those special rules you use there for "turn right coming from the left, at the end of the traffic light cycle in just a few seconds before they all come against you from the other side".

More so because I discovered this local speciality in my first drive into Melbourne, just after landing and picking up the car from the rental company. The fact that the car we used had reversed wiper and turning light controls did not help either... You think you are indicating your turn and suddenly the wiper starts going frantic... My girlfriend was almost in tears (still don't know if it was laughter or fear).

Not to mention the wildlife jumping at you when you leave the towns or your habit of burning eucalyptus intentionally around your towns and using road signs to warn drivers.

Love the continent-country, though.

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

Seeing this report today

https://news.sky.com/story/why-do-men-have-shorter-lifespans-than-women-scientists-may-have-the-answer-12652261

No need to ask scientists, the real answer if that women don’t have to endure the constant nagging at them like us menfolk do 😉

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM

Two Driving Tests this morning. On the way to pick up first candidate brake pad censor cut through producing a large Red warning symbol on the dash. No Tests allowed in any cars with red warnings. Expensive morning as I now need to pay again and rebook theses two.

‘Kin Cars!!! - that’s bad timing. 

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

8 hours ago, mayevora said:

Two Driving Tests this morning. On the way to pick up first candidate brake pad censor cut through producing a large Red warning symbol on the dash. No Tests allowed in any cars with red warnings. Expensive morning as I now need to pay again and rebook theses two.

‘Kin Cars!!! - that’s bad timing. 

In the old days, you could just cut or pull the cable for the sensor and the warning light would go out. Now they have to be fail proof, so you'd need to short the wires to make the light go out. Still possible though.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I tried that and still couldn’t get the damn warning light to go out. Years back I used to tape up the censors. 

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

1 hour ago, Escape said:

In the old days

And in the old old days there were no such things  - cars have become more complicated for various reasons - including safety and emissions etc.

10 hours ago, mayevora said:

No Tests allowed in any cars with red warnings.

So if that happened during the test would the test then be stopped - if it was noticed.