Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you 'Shake your Head' today? - Page 47 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you 'Shake your Head' today?

ramjet

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
1 hour ago, Barrykearley said:

Im a true capitalist but I would welcome controls with regards to things like this

Barry, there are quite tough controls already in place, in the UK, the US etc. However, you cannot, despite Governments trying to for years, legislate against stupidity.

It's easy to blame the system, but I bet you a tenner she had made her mind up re that car and "wanted" it. It's a few years down the line that she now regrets it, probably because she's tried to flip this car now and has seen what a mess she has gotten herself into. You can kick a can down the road but eventually you catch up to it.

It was the playing of the victim card that suggested to me she does cannot take responsibility, and these people are allowed to be parents!

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

After a night in the pub with @Sparky?

• Haha 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM

I was going to say I've got a stringline you could borrow, but I'm in Australia, so a bit silly for me to offer it as you can probably buy one at your local hardware shop.

Or are the houses in the same squiggly line as well? In which case the fence is perfect.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

1 hour ago, ramjet said:

Or are the houses in the same squiggly line as well? In which case the fence is perfect.

They look a bit squiggly as well but does not seem to match the amount of squiggliness.

A good friend of mine (with 2 Esprits among several other classics) is in a similar situation. His consulting firm works mainly for one of the big pharma companies. They started changing some IT-systems at the beginning of the year, and as long as the migration isn't complete, he can't assign the hours his people do so is unable to make any invoices! 😞 

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM

I shake my head every time I see one, which is constantly.

4D Numberplates. Can anyone explain what the point of them is. Just why?

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

4D? 

I get length, width, and depth. But what's the fourth Dimension?

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

• Gold FFM

If they exist at any nexus in time, job done.  We're all 4-dimensional when you think about it.  I've said this at least 70 million times.

• Like 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

4D? 

I get length, width, and depth. But what's the fourth Dimension?

The feeling you get once inserted?

• Haha 1

It was a serious question by the way....

According to Google...

In the number plate industry, 3D refers to domed gel resin characters, whereas 4D refers to solid acrylic characters. 3D characters are glossy in appearance and rounded in shape. 4D characters, on the other hand, give a more solid look and a bolder style. They are more obviously raised off the plate.

Sounds like nonsense to me!

• Love 1

• Gold FFM

The 4th dimension is time.  Labelling something '4D' is nothing more than a marketing ploy, and this is not the first instance.  We may ride the flow of this dimension but have almost zero understanding of it.  See?  I'm even vaguely intelligent.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Choose your dimensions elsewhere,

3D 4D Carbon Fibre Vinyl Wrap Self Adhesive Black Multi Sizes Air Bubble Free

and

5D Carbon Fibre Vinyl Film - Sheet Wrap Sticker Bubble Free Car Black Gloss

and

6D Gloss Carbon Fibre Vinyl Car Wrap - ANY SIZE - 9 COLOURS - AIR FREE

and

7D Carbon Fibre Vinyl Wrap Sheet Film Sticker Car Wrap Air Bubble Free

how many more dimensions do we need.

Ah, I see. So it's all basically bull shit, just like just about everything to do with "marketing".  Got it. I was really confused as struggled to see how something inert like a number plate could be 4D due to the lack of the "time" element which i had been comprehensively taught was the 4th dimension.

As for 5D, 6D, 7D or whatever, it just really proves that the world is just full of mindless cretins, both in terms of the people who make this shit up, and people who swallow it!

Thanks all.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Local Driving Test Centre to close for 4 weeks - to decorate 2 rooms!!! 🤣🤣🤣

The Civil Service summed up.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

So,

If Ireland can bring in legislation to do this, why can't we simply send the "boat" migrants straight back to France which is a safe country, or indeed, why cannot Ireland send them straight back to France and miss out the UK altogether?  It just really bamboozles me as to why we cannot do simple things in this country without it being deemed to be against people's human rights, whereas other countries seem able to?  What am I missing? If the UK is deemed to be a "safe country" to return these people too, then surely we just designate France as a "safe country" and send them on?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68914399