Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you 'Shake your Head' today? - Page 8 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you 'Shake your Head' today?

ramjet

Ha the Daily Star, todays version of the Dandy or Beano!

I’m sure these getter press idiots have a laugh themselves at the people who fall for their stories🤔

• Haha 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
2 hours ago, ChrisJ said:

Soon the government will be able to send us all a text warning us about this - Public emergency alerts to be sent to all UK mobile phones - BBC News

They implemented this in Germany last year. It was tested nationally at the very moment I made a Teams video call to one of my colleagues over there. He was f-ing and blinding as suddenly all these phones started going off at the same time all around the office!

• Haha 1

Can you add it to your SPAM blocker? If I'm gonna be vapourised by a nuke I'd rather enjoy the shock of it, than just looking at my phone for 9 minutes until it happens. 

• Haha 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

You can turn it off in settings - on Android, just search for emergency.

In bhellgium they're experimenting with similar notifications on the radio, specifically aimed at cars. Using RDS like for traffic info, but without the option to turn it off. We encountered a test signal in a tunnel a few weeks back. Difficult to understand and very distracting. Just after it started there was a car with hazards on doing about 20kph in the fast lane, in a tunnel with a 70kph limit. Before I realised it was a test signal, I actually thought it was to warn for that car. He was a muppet as he passed several lay-bys but kept crawling along despite pretty busy traffic. But maybe it was the other way around, and the driver wanted to slow down to a 'safe' speed because of the message? As it was, it was far from comfortable, cars swerving to overtake him while others were merging, with clearly several other drivers distracted by the unexpected and unclear message on the radio.

I've heard about similar systems to alert for emergency vehicles, so you're less surprised when you hear the sirens and have more time to clear a path for them.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Is this guy for real🙄

Can he not see the ever increasing spiral. Of course there’s no correlation between increasing interest rates and increasing prices is there - what a muppet.

The worst thing any govt in this country ever did was abdicate responsibility to the BoE the power to change interest rates

Bank governor warns firms raising prices ‘hurts people’ https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-65056733

So to stop firms increasing prices of goods which are costing more to make/transport, he's increased most people's main and largest bill then telling the companies not to increase their prices? 

Has that ever worked? Doesn't seem like a very solidly thought out plan to me :huh:

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

The French riots protesting moving their retirement age from 62 to 64 when they get one of the best State Pensions in Europe.

Meanwhile the UK Govt are thinking about moving ours to 70 and the majority of people say "Well, what can you do, it is what it is" Like we did when it went from 60 to 62 to 65 to 67. 

We need to take a leaf out of the French book! Do something people don't like there's riots, no confidence votes and you will never get in to Govt again! This could spark the beginning of the end for Macron! 

• Like 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I agree it's no good staying silent all the time. However, the French are taking it to the other extreme. Especially with all the damage they're causing. That's just vandalism or even internal terrorism and no good can come from it. Last night they showed 'protesters' smashing shop windows, that will only cause more grief to the working class. Not to mention trying to burn down an 18th century city hall  and causing irreparable damage.

If it is true a people gets the government it deserves, these protests should be dealt with with due force.

As pointed out, they already have one of the best systems in Europe, looks more like any excuse to cause a riot will do. On the other hand, when the French were being kept on a very tight leash during the pandemic, they just rolled over and accepted. I would say they had a lot more reason to riot back then!

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

So let's take a leaf out of the French rioters book eh @Kimbers and all go on the rampage burning hard working people's cars, possibly apartments and houses, and trashing hard working peoples businesses that they have nurtured for years through smashing their windows, probably looting their goods etc. Yeah, one of your finest ideas ever, definitely one of the most irresponsible.  What does rioting really do and achieve?  Nothing. But it gives thugs and lazy shysters the opportunity they crave to destroy and rob in the "name" of something.

They voted for Macron. They knew what his agenda was. They even put him back in for a second term didn't they? So who should they blame other than themselves.

It is not uncommon everywhere in the world to see people older than even 64 still in work. If the French want to put their feet up, sip their wine and dip their bread in their coffee all day at 62 then let them. But they will need to pay more taxes to pay for it, which will undoubtedly see them riot again over that. 

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I despair, these are parents - I bet their kids have more fookin' common sense than they do!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-65071989

• Confused 1

The small print.

20 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

A French friend of mine once told me that it’s de rigueur for the French to hate the government, even if they voted for them.

That's not just the French, you hear negative comments about the ruling government all over the world. Most politicians drop their masks soon enough once into power, and on the other hand most people like to complain rather than support and negative views are usually louder and easier heard. Maybe the French are just a bit louder still. 😉 

So we don't jave enough doctors or nurses IN the NHS but we have enough contractors and temp "milking" the finances of the NHS and providing record bonuses for recruitment company leaders. What am I missing?

BBC News - Record revenue for staff agencies supplying NHS
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-65042658

It's like the Teachers taking their gilt edged early retirement plans as they are tired, exhausted, disillusioned then popping up on Supply contracts!

The small print.

Aah, you get that too? Apparently you can get better conditions working through an agency than directly with the employer, even in health services. I'm too thick to understand...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

It's like the Teachers taking their gilt edged early retirement plans as they are tired, exhausted, disillusioned then popping up on Supply contracts!

Same in the Polis, Fire service, Cooncil workers, Doctors etc....in fact, most in the public sector. 😕

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Oh the poor public sector with their fancy job titles, perks and gilt edged benefits and job security. If only we valued them properly 

I worked out, as my company allows us to buy up ten days holiday a year, that it would cost me £17k to get the same number of days holiday as a teacher (not that they would let me buy that many!). So add that on to a Teachers salary and their package looks "no bad"at all.

The small print.

19 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

So we don't jave enough doctors or nurses IN the NHS but we have enough contractors and temp "milking" the finances of the NHS and providing record bonuses for recruitment company leaders. What am I missing?

BBC News - Record revenue for staff agencies supplying NHS
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-65042658

Sounds like it needs someone like you running it😈😈😈

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

That's the last thing it needs to be honest. I'd be awful as I'd demand too many changes.

The small print.

3 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Oh the poor public sector with their fancy job titles, perks and gilt edged benefits and job security. If only we valued them properly 

What are you doing Andy, you’ve got me all started on the public sector on a day when I’m supposed to be keeping my blood pressure down🤨

Fancy job titles & gilt edged benefits so be it but the the number one problem is that the vast majority of them can’t do their job, they don’t have either the intellectual capability to do so or the drive to commit beyond driving out of the car park after 4.30pm.
Hence why they need these contractors to be able to do their jobs for them. It also helps them keep super slick by having someone to blame afterwards when things go tits up.

Apologies to TLF members working in the public sector, having a Lotus I’m sure you are all exceptions to the rule.

• Love 1

@PaulCP you best not read my quip re Sturgeon and her driving lessons. That'll really get your blood pressure overflowing.

• Haha 1

The small print.

• Gold FFM

What is it with young guys that drive their cars with their body in the front seat, but their head basically in the back seat, driving way too fast for the situation and wearing a hoodie when there is no need? It's not cold yet.

Morons.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)