Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Chasing Evora Unicorns - Wanted - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Chasing Evora Unicorns

Conceptwho

I’m at my wit’s end trying to find an Evora in my price range! I’ve owned two Elise S2’s (Racetech and Type 25) but sold the last one because my first born arrived and it just wasn't practical for us.  I've always said I'd buy another Lotus.  That time has come and I’m looking for a 2:2 Evora, preferably all packs with colour preference being black or white.  I'm going in right at the bottom at 30K odd.  I've been looking for 6 months and just can’t find one and when they do come up, I'm just too late so I've taken to daily searches.  Please help!  Does anyone have any suggestions on tracking down an Evora or perhaps knows someone who is looking to sell soon? Perhaps you have the unicorn I'm looking for and looking to sell?  I look at Pistonheads a lot and yes there’s one for sale but phoned the garage and it’s been sold. Any help would be most appreciated!  Thanks all.  

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hello and welcome to TLF. 

Your best bet is to probably keep a very close eye on this thread:

Most new Evoras on the market appear in this thread pretty soon after being listed. However, as you’ve already discovered, there weren’t many Evoras made in the first place and people are really beginning to see the value in them. Once bought, owners often hold onto them for a long time. 

Have you contacted the larger Lotus dealers (ie Silverstone, B&C etc) and told them what you’re after? Although the market for new Lotus is currently very slow (there aren’t actually any available for sale!), they might be able to give you an early notice on any trade-ins. 

Maybe need to lower specs ? I went for a car without sports button and as I am not a quick driver not been an issue however I have a lotus upgraded exhaust and recent BOE intake so in balance suit my needs 

patience key watch word but as time rolls on I think numbers of cars for sale won’t get any larger ? Good luck 

you cant mess about, if you know what you want strike quickly and if its meant to be its meant to be, i enquired about two other L/E evoras but it kinda didnt happen but Barry's ex car was bought practically before id seen it !!! 😁

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Yup @windymiller - I hadn’t even seen it before I’d committed to buy it. In fact - I didn’t even drive it until I’d payed and drove it away. The chap thought I was nuts 🤣

Only here once

You need to be looking daily, as others have said above there are not too many cars and they don't hang around when priced sensibly.  It was a year of searching before I got mine.

Definitely watch the "Market watch" thread, the previous owner of my car posted that he was thinking of selling and it was exactly what I was after, so I dealt direct and the car didn't get as far as being advertised.  I paid top money for a used, but as someone else mentioned you don't mess around with so few cars available.

Good luck, it will be worth it.

• Like 1

I was previous owner of this car that came up for sale last week i can sincerely say it is probably one off the best NA out there it was in fantastic condition when i sold it and looks like the latest owner as kept the car in its pristine condition. It comes with a great history file.

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/13147715

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I echo what others have said, the right one will come up, you just need to jump when it does. I bought mine much the same way as Nelly off a comment of a 'thinking of selling' on here. Didn't get listed. I was on the IM and then the phone straight away. I also didn't drive it before I bought it but did have a passenger ride (my choice, I didn't feel comfortable driving someone else's car like that and trusted the seller).

It's a rare car so most have been well looked after, especially if on here, just get straight in there when you see one, the black one above definitely worth a look.

• Like 1

I've posted elsewhere on this forum about looking for an Evora so forgive me if you've read the 'chasing Evora unicorns' thread. My budget is such that I'm coming in at the bottom but looking for a great example at this end (yeah I know aren't we all who are on the search).  I've already had two leads and followed this up but I'd be mad to buy the first one I see, right?  So if there's anyone out there considering selling theirs, I'm keen to make contact.  My preference is black, white, gun metal grey.  Guess I'm looking at 40K+ mileage at the bottom end of the market. Thanks all.  

30 minutes ago, Conceptwho said:

I've already had two leads and followed this up but I'd be mad to buy the first one I see, right?

I think if you see a car and able to drive it and like it then you decide if you want to buy it whether it’s first or fifth car that you view ? 
to be honest if it’s a good car you know from first sight and drive don’t think you can afford to leave it for a week and expect the car to be still on sale ? 

• Like 2

• Gold FFM
36 minutes ago, Conceptwho said:

I've already had two leads and followed this up but I'd be mad to buy the first one I see, right? 

You’d be mad not to.

• Like 1

Only here once

the other thing

1 hour ago, Conceptwho said:

I've posted elsewhere on this forum about looking for an Evora so forgive me if you've read the 'chasing Evora unicorns' thread. My budget is such that I'm coming in at the bottom but looking for a great example at this end (yeah I know aren't we all who are on the search).  I've already had two leads and followed this up but I'd be mad to buy the first one I see, right?  So if there's anyone out there considering selling theirs, I'm keen to make contact.  My preference is black, white, gun metal grey.  Guess I'm looking at 40K+ mileage at the bottom end of the market. Thanks all.  

you could also register your interest with a number of garages / individuals that deal in lotus as they may know of cars coming in for p/x so you may get an early nod especially pre emira, i did that but then found my car on flea bay

14 hours ago, Conceptwho said:

As others have said, if one comes up that's close to your desired spec and it's a good car (not all are) then not snapping it up would be very foolish indeed. The old adage of 'don't buy the first one you see' doesn't really apply to a market this rarefied. 

• Like 1

@Conceptwho.  Did you see my post in the "Wanted>Evora S wanted" thread, regarding my Evora GP Edition, which I'll be selling soon?  Please send me a message, if you'd like to come & have a look.  I'm in Chobham GU24.

Yes, the forum software isn't very good - I'm trying to reply to your post, & my previous post comes up in the reply box.  I've sent you a message, so if you can't see it, reply to this post, & hopefully we'll establish private comms somehow or other.  

'Clear Editor' solves the problem of previous info on a reply.

To message someone, view the profile of who you want to PM. View profile by clicking on their name/icon 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your input everyone, a couple of leads have come from this post.  My budget is around £30Kish.  Again, if you are considering selling your Evora or know someone who might consider, please shout them or I.  I can't wait to be back in a Lotus again, they are immense things of beauty 😃   

Keep an eye on car and classic website as well as autotrader, pistonheads eBay and Facebook ! 

the number of cars around £30k and below are counted on one hand maybe a few might surface as Emira deliveries are made and test drives are available ?

Well, I'm possibly looking at selling mine if you're interested in a NA IPS, Aspen white, black painted roof, red callipers. 57000 miles...

Thinking about a Evora 410 GT and sadly can't keep this one also. Owned it since 2013. I realise IPS might not be everyone's cup of tea but I love it!

image.thumb.jpeg.a837c59c529a9c760c3dd4c3dc33f183.jpeg