Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2009 LE Purchase and some questions - Evora Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

2009 LE Purchase and some questions

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Congrats welcome to the club!  

Once you've had a while to get accustomed to the Evora I would be interested in knowing your thoughts on Evora vs Elise.  As amazing as the Evora, I think I just have a preference for less mass.  I don't daily drive my Evora as much as I used to so I think I can put up with the Elise's compromises.

Regarding the mirror, try giving the folks at ES Motorsports a call.  They have a bunch of spares in their shed, more than what's listed on their website or eBay shop. https://www.esmotorsport.co.uk/

For the under tray, replacing bolts is a good move.   I have an aftermarket diffuser on my Evora and fitting was a pain as all the bolts had corroded and did not want to come out.  I had quick look around but couldn't find a specific off the shelf kit.  I looked on Deroure (https://www.bellandcolvill.co.uk/parts-shop) at the parts diagrams and ordered separate bolts my self.  Possibly ES Motorsport can also help you out this? 

Edited by electro_boy
  • Like 1

• Gold FFM
45 minutes ago, windymiller said:

another one to add to the le register ??

It's already on the list. Looks nice 👍

Oyster seat dye available from Staingard by the way ( https://staingard.co.uk/gliptone/ ).

TLF thread here:

• Like 1

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

image.png.9db97d94b90c8d44f75911ca24efff36.png

37 minutes ago, electro_boy said:

Congrats welcome to the club!  

Once you've had a while to get accustomed to the Evora I would be interested in knowing your thoughts on Evora vs Elise.  As amazing as the Evora, I think I just have a preference for less mass.  I don't daily drive my Evora as much as I used to so I think I can put up with the Elise's compromises.

Regarding the mirror, try giving the folks at ES Motorsports a call.  They have a bunch of spares in their shed, more than what's listed on their website or eBay shop. https://www.esmotorsport.co.uk/

For the under tray, replacing bolts is a good move.   I have an aftermarket diffuser on my Evora and fitting was a pain as all the bolts had corroded and did not want to come out.  I had quick look around but couldn't find a specific off the shelf kit.  I looked on Deroure (https://www.bellandcolvill.co.uk/parts-shop) at the parts diagrams and ordered separate bolts my self.  Possibly ES Motorsport can also help you out this? 

Many thanks I'll speak with ES

15 minutes ago, EuropaSman said:

It's already on the list. Looks nice 👍

Oyster seat dye available from Staingard by the way ( https://staingard.co.uk/gliptone/ ).

TLF thread here:

Many thanks.  The seats are actually good - looks like they've had some work as there's oyster coloured overspray...  The rest of the car is best viewed from around 10 feet ;)

12 hours ago, Rossybrown said:

Hi all,

So... I've bought a reasonably priced Launch Edition Evora (pics attached) as big brother to my S1 Elise.  However, being reasonably priced it does require a fair amount of TLC!  Focusing on the mechanicals I will be changing all fluids (Engine, gearbox, coolant, clutch and brake), filters, spark plugs along with gear selector adjustment etc. But in addition to this I do have some stumbling blocks I hope I can get some direction on:

- It has no rear view mirror (just the plinth). Any idea where I can get one from as I have drawn a blank with google searches?

- The undertray will obviously be coming off for various bits of work, so following my approach with the Elise I want to renew all fixings as I remove them with stainless versions.  Is there a kit of undertray fixings? 

- The aircon doesn't click in and this is in conjunction with the spanner light being lit for about 30 seconds on start up. As a starting point (read - cheapest potential fix) I intend to have the codes read and then cleared, does anybody have experience of fault codes related to air con? 

Many thanks in advance,

Ross

Evora15.jpg

Garage shot.jpg

Nice car Ross.

I have do a bit of work on mine and info is on the projects section. What is the silver colour as mine is only one of four in Quartz silver and the only one with charcoal inertia.

Hi Bob,

It is also Quartz silver, so I am guessing it’s one of the other three.  There’s one launch edition badge with it, but it’s not attached so I’ll sort that.

Ross

• 1 month later...

AFAIK, there are no fault codes for the Air-con... or a least there were none showing on mine.

Mine stopped working when the condenser sprang a slow leak - instead the pressure just dropped over winter and, come spring, the safety switch prevented the compressor from running dry.

Easy enough to fix albeit time consuming while you look for reasons to do other stuff with the clam off!

• Gold FFM

I've found the air con related error codes in the Service Notes.

See attached (ignore the page numbers as Lotus appear not to have checked them when they amended the manual).

Evora Air Con Error Codes Pages.pdf

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

image.png.9db97d94b90c8d44f75911ca24efff36.png

• Gold FFM

Very nice. I totally hear you on the steering wheel spacer. It just needs a little bit more telescopic ability for the taller driver.

I would probably want the gear stick a little further back to go along with it but not much you can do about that!

• 2 months later...
  • Gold FFM

I assume that's with arms full of oppo, foot to the floor and followed by a smooth transition to the straight? (or at least that's what you should be telling everyone)

• Like 1