Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Update from Lotus - Page 3 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Update from Lotus

Bibs

I believe the video mentioned something about deposit holders receiving an email with more information on specific delivery dates. Has anyone had one yet? Presumably the first deliveries should be made within the next 2/3 weeks unless I have missed something?

the other forum has various posts about further delays - at least an additional month by the looks of things...

I was supposed to be late June initially, then got a vague mail about July (which may have meant August delivery), but have heard nothing since.

Matt was just vague, saying deliveries due to start in June, some parts issues, yet working day and night - 2 shifts??! - to build the cars.

I meant further to my last formal comms from lotus, and Wake’s query re July… but yes, I agree, they maybe the same delays Matt alluded to… but July moving to September is the first concrete thing I’ve heard on the topic

Edited by Mctaff

With so few options to choose from I imagine a lot of cars could be impacted even if a single option is in short supply 

Edited by Mctaff

• Gold FFM

I must admit to not understanding some reasons for things not being available.

I have had some, what I thought were very simple, door switches to prevent entry Ito a machine and they have been pending for about 4 months. Apparently these switches come with a chip in them as they are programmable. Massive delay on chips.

Who knew?

So it may not be the upholsterers, or the manufacturers. It could be from the correct dye not being available.

Ultimately, it ends up turning into a delay, which is just a bummer.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

On 25/06/2022 at 13:16, Mctaff said:

Matt was just vague, saying deliveries due to start in June, some parts issues, yet working day and night - 2 shifts??! - to build the cars.

I meant further to my last formal comms from lotus, and Wake’s query re July… but yes, I agree, they maybe the same delays Matt alluded to… but July moving to September is the first concrete thing I’ve heard on the topic

I've tried to get more info from Lotus CS in the past week as my original (delayed) date was given as 'July' (V6 manual).  Not hearing much else until Matt's (slightly ambiguous message) I pushed for more details and got the following reply below by email:

"Unfortunately, as per the recent comm's sent by Matt Windle we are currently facing supply chain issues, in which we are doing our utmost to resolve in a speedy manor.  The only information we are able to provide at this time is that all orders are experiencing an estimated 6 - 8 week delivery delay.  Please do rest assured, we will be re-confirming a firm handover month within the next 2 weeks for the delivery of your new Lotus Emira." 

The worrying bit for me was the part that read: "we will be re-confirming a firm 'handover month' within the next 2 weeks for the delivery of your new Lotus Emira".  Meaning I have to wait up to two weeks to know what month my delivery will be.  At '6-8 weeks' that means end of August I guess.

As per most people here I totally appreciate the issues with component delivery, but I think they need to be clearer all round with their comms and set a realistic future date - that they can then 'shorten' if things improve - rather than drip-feeding constant delays in an ambiguous way so we need to guess!

10 minutes ago, TomE said:

I saw the cars again in 5 of the 6 colours and was fortunate to get a ride up the hillclimb with one of the development drivers.  Frustrating to have further delays, but they will be stunning when we get them.

Off the topic... how was the yellow?  It has looked a bit flat in the vids.  That's what I have got ordered and can't decide if it really stands out or not!

• Gold FFM

Stunning.  It's a proper Lotus mustard yellow.  It's solid not metallic but very difficult to tell that from 10 feet or more away.  Pictures taken with the car under the display canopy and/or with the grey skies on Thursday maybe don't show it as well as pictures from the other days when it was sunny.  I've added mine from Thursday in the pics thread linked below.  While we were driving over to the start line we had so many people looking, waving, taking pictures, giving us thumbs up.  It's very eye-catching!

• Like 1

I have no problem with the delays as it is a worldwide problem, but I really think its unlikely that anyone will receive a car before 1st Sept.

I was originally 'month 2' so July, then delayed to August. As i am away in Aug i asked to delay handover to Sept to get a new reg plate and that was accepted, no problem.

However if this now drops to say November+ as per Toms suggested2-3 months, the I really dont want a sports car turning up just in time to be put away for winter, so i will look to delay until 1st March for next spring.

So pleased i bought the S1 Elise to play with this summer. 

construction and property consultants : My company

1 hour ago, TomE said:

I spoke to several Lotus folks at Goodwood.  The delay looks like it is 1-2 months for people with deposits placed before the 6 July 2021 reveal and 2-3 months delay for people who placed deposits after the reveal through to the end of Goodwood on 11 July 2021.

Deposits after that are a bit vaguer and I think in the original batching comms Lotus had only contacted people up to about 12 July for delivery in September (when first deliveries were June).  They may be able to reduce the delays for later people, as there will be two shifts straight away, but that depends on whether suppliers can ramp up.

Auto gearboxes are a particular issue and so may add more delays for those people.  I believe i4 first deliveries are delayed from November to January but couldn't get anything more specific.

Lotus have re-worked the production schedules in light of the latest supplier info and had that data on-stand at Goodwood, so people were able to get an update on their individual order.  Mine has gone from June original to July previous delay to latest info August.  Customer Care will be contacting everyone starting this week, in delivery batch order, to advise their revised delivery timings.  I guess that will take a couple of weeks.

I don't think we fully appreciate how chaotic parts supply is in the car industry at the moment.  Component suppliers think they're on track, then have a Covid outbreak and have to shut down for several weeks, or their materials suppliers have an issue and let them down.  Or the increase in raw materials prices (20-30% for some materials) and fixed price contracts push some into financial difficulties.  Then containers aren't available or get stuck at ports.  The days of a steady stream of just in time deliveries are rare.

Talking to someone else in the industry over the weekend and they can't source replacement brake discs for some current models and have unroadworthy cars parked up for weeks waiting for new supplies.  They've also been told a popular brand of trackday tyre is out of stock in the UK in several common sizes and no ETA on new ones.

I saw the cars again in 5 of the 6 colours and was fortunate to get a ride up the hillclimb with one of the development drivers.  Frustrating to have further delays, but they will be stunning when we get them.

So does this delay mean, from early June initial delivery add 6 to 8 weeks?, so possibly a last week in July or early august for the first few deliveries. I guess if true it’s a 30 day call in the next few days

Will DV and silver wheels be an issue?

• Gold FFM

Yes, it means add 6-8 weeks onto initial delivery month, so June + 6-8 weeks for you.  I'm not aware people were told when in June and I think at the time it was suggested probably second half, as dealer demos would be delivered in first half of June.  I'd asked about delivery in time for Goodwood FOS on 23rd and was told "maybe".

I'm in the first 20-30 deposits and was told last week late July was a slim possibility but more likely early August.

Wheels were a problem but apparently getting resolved now, so may be a minor influence on whether it's 6/7/8 weeks.

• Like 1

Customer care have just told me that its 6-8 weeks on top of the last slipped date, not the original date.

I’m now likely October delivery, from June.

• Sad 1

• Gold FFM

That's inconsistent with what they told me and others at Goodwood.  How annoying!

Is there anything about your spec that they said was contributing to the delay or was it just being described as the same general delay that's affecting everyone?

Just a generic response… and now blaming on demand, not supply. Hugely inconsistent comms.

Note to Lotus - tell your CS colleagues to STOP MAKING STUFF UP

All deliveries for the Emira have been delayed. This is due to the unprecedented demand we have received which has had a knock on effect with production and capacity.

The factory is 6-8 weeks behind on their production schedule. We last updated you that your car was due for build in July, so it is now scheduled for 6-8 weeks later than that. This means your estimated build month will now be September.
Edited by Mctaff

I don’t ever remember the clutch on any of my Evora being heavy but did notice the clutch on the red Goodwood car feeling a little weighty/dead. Anyone else have a view?

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Thanks for the info. Shame we have to get updates from little bits here and there on forums.

If I wasn't a forum member, from the last email from Lotus, I would be expecting the car later this month but wondering where my 30 day call had got to.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel