Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
UK Politics Thread - Page 17 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

UK Politics Thread

Barrykearley

14 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Wow, far fewer than I expected. Are you sure those figures are correct?

That’s for 2023, and Migration Watch takes its information and figures from the U.K. Government's website. It’s all there if you care to look.

Margate Exotics.

Ah, your pie chart is only up to Q3/2023, not the whole year. No idea why that website hasn’t updated the figures a full year later. Here is a link with full year 2023 and YTD 2024 figures.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53699511#:~:text=As of 19 August%2C 19%2C294,the UK in small boats.

22 hours ago, Bibs said:

And many who were repatriated just came straight back from through Polish and Spanish airports on false papers, and the number removed was, iirc, around 14% of those who came. So not very successful and they are still getting through from a "safe country, through other Ei "safe" countries, to the UK. Why? How? Shows just how ineffective the EU and her Governments are at dealing with the issues.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

And now we have a Govenment investigation into the Neanderthal pair’s reunion tickets fetching more than face value on resale.

Really? They’re wasting their time on this?

• Confused 1

Margate Exotics.

14 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

Really? They’re wasting their time on this?

May be hoping this would be a vote winner to keep the 'young' vote , as  they have now lost the pensioners.

• Gold FFM

Pensioners, eh?  Lucky we've got money to burn.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Burn enough fivers staying warm, you'll drop below the threshold and get everything paid for!

• Haha 2

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

You old pensioners are just Definitely Maybe lazy, feckless, loaded scroungers, drunk on your Champagne Supernova of public sector and final salary pensions.

Stop Crying Your Heart Out. Don't Look Back In Anger and enjoy Your Morning Glory whilst you can still get it up, despite all the Cigarettes And Alcohol you've consumed.

Just Roll With It and Listen Up, as Some Might Say, that despite being Married With Children, you may have thought you were a Rock 'N' Roll, Supersonic (one for @Sparky that one), Shakermaker that was going to Live Forever, but in reality, you're Just Getting Older, trying to Keep The Dream Alive, with your "Flashbax" to Fuckin' In The Bushes with The Girl In The Dirty Shirt with Mucky Fingers whilst your mates had A Quick Peep, as Little By Little you Roll It Over and Roll With It, whilst shouting She's Electric.

Amazing what you can with 25 Oasis song titles!

• Haha 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
19 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Yeah, make a shedload of cash for a load of old crap.

• Haha 1

The small print.

Isn't that more or less what our Boris was hinting at when he said he wanted to attain more higher wage society. Higher wages would mean a more disposable income generating more tax revenue. Bringing in skilled labour would help with all sectors.

• Like 1

Absolutely @chipp. Immigration has been a good thing for the UK overall, for the past 100 years.

However, whilst we still have "good" immigration - people with aspirations AND a willingness to work AND skills wanting to come here, we've also had a large influx of "bad" immigration that has harmed our society.

When I was growing up in the '70's, a lot of the economic migrants were from India, Pakistan and Bangladesh. They came here as families. Started businesses. Drilled an education ethic into their children. They all worked hard and thrived, and UK society benefited immensely. Many of those children of the 70's became the Doctors, Medical Consultants, Teachers etc that deliver the services we need today. Their children are growing through the educational system and are being pushed to succeed and will be the next generation of Doctors etc. Some stayed in their family businesses and have helped them to flourish, providing wealth, employment etc.

When you look at the economic migrants who came here from Eastern Europe, they were usually young men and women, often couples. They came here for work. They worked bloody hard most of them. They made a good life for themselves here. Contributing positively to society and many were well educated and skilled too.

The Windrush generation. Proud young people who came here willing to work. They worked hard. They had families and built homes and communities that provided support. They had aspirations and pushed their kids hard. Many of those kids became the lawyers, Barristers, Doctors etc that we rely upon today.

Most of the above didn't have an easy life when they came here, and unfortunately some suffered terrible bigotry and racism. But they didn't just sit there with their hands out expecting something for nothing.

When I look at "some" of the economic migrants coming here today, I see a lot of young men who seem to just want to extort  a system that will house, clothe and feed them. What value do they bring or add?

They complain that the accomodation they have is hurting their mental health, even when that accommodation is ten times better than what they had back home. They just demand more, more, more and take, take, take.

Thanks to our feckless politicians and too many "do-gooder" w@nker middle class softies we've labelled everyone who wants to come here as "migrants". One badge for all. As a result we have created a cloud within which the far right can breed.

We need to stop referring to them all as immigrants, and we need to treat them differently too.

Those fleeing persecution and potential death are refugees. Once we have verified their status, quickly, we should have a programme in place that they go through that helps to settle here and become productive members of our integrated society. We're a christian country still (well, just about) and sheltering these people is the right thing to do. Once they have shelter, then they need to be helped to integrate fully into our society, whether that be in education, or work.

Then we have the legal immigrants. The people who have, or try, to come here legally. Usually with their families. To settle and to build a life in our society and be positive members of our communities. They bring skills, expertise and knowledge. And like every other country, we should be able to encourage some, and discourage others, based on what we need in terms of skills, expertise etc. They should be  welcomed and supported, as they will quickly become productive members of our societies. But here again you get the middle class w@nkers who just have to fook it up. "What, you were a fully qualified and trained Surgeon in Iraq?  Hmmm. Hah. But that counts for nothing here as our bodies are different to yours and so your certificates and doctorates and experience don't count. We need to protect the "professions" for our own."  here, you can be a caretaker....." What complete and utter bollocks.

The rest? Well, why are you here? What skills do you have to offer? If you don't, then why should we shelter, feed and clothe you? We can pay Ryanair £25 plus air taxes to send you back and give you a free meal deal on the plane.... God knows where the previous Government got what was it, a £million quid a flight from....

Maybe 100,000 British Males should just get on 7,000 small boats and sail over to France from Dover. Plonk ourselves on the beach. And demand that the French feed us. Clothe us. Shelter us. We can say that we are economic migrants coming from Austerity Britain where the cost of living and a pint of beer is too high and we are afraid of our two-tier police state so can't be sent back!  What could go wrong? After all, the last time we sailed 100,000 British young men to France we were welcomed with open arms, weren't we? They held parties in the streets for us. Unlike the Spanish who protest every summer when 100,000 British young men arrive on their shores every summer... :)

The UK could offer immigrants so much, and, the UK could benefit from immigration so much. But we need do need a decent set of policies, that are well thought out. Fair. And well, decent, in how they treat people. I mean, for Christ's sake we hunt down immigrants who are working here. Have families here. And deport them. But then we let loads of single men come here, on a bloody inflatable, and we throw stuff at them and let them take, take and take. Just how bonkers are we?

Oh, and an interesting fact re the US, iirc, Obama (the Liberal President) deported 3m more "illegals" than Trump (the far right President). Bet you didn't expect that as of course it doesn't meet the "press" narrative, which is so tainted and biased around the whole immigration topic here, in the EU and in the US.

The small print.

4 hours ago, C8RKH said:

You old pensioners are just Definitely Maybe lazy, feckless, loaded scroungers, drunk on your Champagne Supernova of public sector and final salary pensions.

Stop Crying Your Heart Out. Don't Look Back In Anger and enjoy Your Morning Glory whilst you can still get it up, despite all the Cigarettes And Alcohol you've consumed.

Just Roll With It and Listen Up, as Some Might Say, that despite being Married With Children, you may have thought you were a Rock 'N' Roll, Supersonic (one for @Sparky that one), Shakermaker that was going to Live Forever, but in reality, you're Just Getting Older, trying to Keep The Dream Alive, with your "Flashbax" to Fuckin' In The Bushes with The Girl In The Dirty Shirt with Mucky Fingers whilst your mates had A Quick Peep, as Little By Little you Roll It Over and Roll With It, whilst shouting She's Electric.

Whatever…

• Haha 2

And as far as the French are concerned it is all our fault as we make it too easy for people who come here to get work.

The small print.

I just read that as well. 

I can't fault the article or what the French think "If you make it too easy to get accommodation and money then why are you surprised they all want to come?"

The difference is we are one of the only countries with a welfare state which is open to all. Unfortunately the rules on that haven't been updated in a very long time and the definition of "Migrant" has changed hugely. There are legal migrants, illegal migrants, Economic Migrants, Migrants Fleeing persecution, criminal migrants etc etc. 

So the issue is the French don't understand our welfare state and all the legalities of it (and protections thereof). 

Or something like that!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Yup, and our bleeding heart middle class, our blood sucking lawyers, and our feckless politicians, etc are to blame.

We can't look after our own as it is, and they want us to give everything to those who just land up here. No wonder people get fed up.

Bring on ID digital ID cards. No card? No work. No benefits. No right to stay. Goodbye.

As I said in my post above, and as per your post @Kimbers, we give them all the same "label" even though they're not the same.

The small print.

Talking of Politics I see the SNP have changed tact and their "primary Goal" is no longer independence but child poverty (brought on by their own polices) @C8RKH

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer