Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
My Emira has arrived! - Page 2 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

My Emira has arrived!

hml_xy

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Be thankful they don't call it Egg Yolk Yellow or Bumblebees Bottom.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

How come the 'number plate' in the photo above shows the old style LOTUS roundel?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

It's the car dealers plate. They probably haven't updated their marketing material yet 😅.

"Wuppertal" is by the way the name of the german city outside of Düsseldorf where their shop is.

• Gold FFM

Lotus should anodise the under trays a brown colour. I can't imagine that they will stay shiny aluminium colour for very long.

7 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

Pirelli were the OEM tyre for the Evora. Goodyear Eagles have been ‘chosen’ for the Emira.

Are you getting your ‘E’s in a muddle again? 😉

Funny you should say that but yes 🤣

7 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

Pirelli were the OEM tyre for the Evora. Goodyear Eagles have been ‘chosen’ for the Emira.

Are you getting your ‘E’s in a muddle again? 😉

Think it depends which suspension you have chosen for your Emira, thought sports came with cup 2?

Not wishing to sound overly despondent. but it's October now: is there not one other Emira buyer with news of an imminent collection? Is it looking more like November for UK customers? Either way, I'm still looking forward to hearing TLF members documenting their early experiences!

Edited by Bee

• Gold FFM

One of the Belgian customers collected his car yesterday.  I have a hunch he and others may have held on until October to finalise registration, or there was something to do with approvals that meant Lotus couldn't finalise handovers until into October.

In the UK, I'm aware of 10-12 people who had been told their cars would be built in September and delivered in October.  Two of those got as far as Checkout (in theory the point 30 days before delivery) but still haven't been advised of a delivery date, now three weeks after checkout.  None of the other Sept people have been invited to check out yet and I know at least one has been told his car hasn't started build yet.  This implies some further delays.  None of the people previously told they are in the October build batch have had further comms about checking out.  Some have asked for updates and been told their build is on schedule "as far as we know".

Talking to Lotus folks at B&C yesterday, it sounds like there have been further delays with type approval as well as the ongoing parts supply issues.  UK dealer demo cars are now all due to be delivered by 14 Oct.

Well this is fantastic… I don’t mind delays so much I just wish Lotus communicated anything at all. I’ve only had updates when i asked for them and even then its vague bullshit. 

Thanks for the info Tom! 

• Like 1

How many cars did Lotus say they would make a day once production started?  How many a year were they going to produce total?  I'm told I am pretty good at math (I am an engineer) but the numbers of cars being delivered don't match the published estimates, not even close.  

image.png.6882d53c724de9ede8d3721a99ce37cf.png