Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Insurance recommendations - Lotus Insurance - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Insurance recommendations

Edmundo2

Hi All.

I'm looking to buy either an Evora S or Exige S3 soon and just looking to get some insurance quotes together.

I'd ike to think I have a reasonable profile..

46yrs, car garaged, semi rural, no points, previous cayman and caterham owner, no claims etc.. Car just used for social and domestic use limited to 5k miles pa

First quote back from Mannings £820!

Any recommendations appreciated..

Thanks, Ed

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

And in particular for Evora...

https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/115560-evora-insurance/?&page=2#comments

in which...

Had the renewal for my gt430 from LV early this morning, last year £241, this year £169.     !!!!!!!!!    Can't be bad.......

• Like 1

I looked at LV multi car once (2019 from memory). Unlike Admiral multi car, you had to have all drivers living at the same house. Worth checking the small print in case you get caught out, as that was no good to me at the time. 

Hastings Direct are value, though at least one on here has had a claim issue with them (not a Lotus). 

I won't use Admiral anymore, they refused to pay a legitimate holiday claim, I had to sue to get payment for £720 claim. They paid.

Justin

4 hours ago, Edmundo2 said:

My daily is a company vehicle so can't use that unfortunately..

Does that mean that you’ve got no NCB to apply to the Evora policy? That might mean why it is so high. 

Try Classicline - they were happy to mirror my NCB from my other policy. 

I'm in my sixties now and live in a city and have no claims discount.

I started my Evora insurance with LV :- 2019 £544, then included as part of a multicar policy 2019 £357 (equivalent), 2020 £382, 2021 £414, then in 2022 they quoted me £514. This was for an ordinary fully comp multi car insurance. They obviously didn't want my business so I went elsewhere. 2022 Aviva £464 for a better fully comp insurance with additional features including legal cover and protected NCD and breakdown recovery.

There still seems to be no benefit to remaining loyal so shop around.

• Like 1

OK this is getting silly...I am confused.com!

I viewed an Exige S3 CR and an Evora S yesterday and concluded that the Evora is the right way for me to go currently..

As per my previous posts on this thread I'd been surprised at the provisional insurance quotes I'd had on the Exige but in the end got a quote of £554 pa from A.Flux..Not great but I could live with it..

Two days later I decide I'll go the Evora route so they take the cars details which ultimately are the same power/engine, a few years older, double the miles on the clock, slightly less performance and worth a couple of grand less..

The insurance quote....Double...£1126. 

WTF?

I'm going to have to trawl the market again or look at something else at this rate!

• Confused 1

As per @Bravo73 another vote for Classicline?

From memory I paid around £500 on the Exige and £600 on my last Evora 400 of course that was a few years ago.

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

Did you not have a £600 quote from one of the other companies on an Evora before? Or was that just the Exige?

Would be v surprised if you can’t get a quote in that range - I’m in London, 6 points (🙈) and younger than you and it was around that with LV for me.

I'm somewhat older than you, but similar circumstances. For the last two years,  Peter Best  have been the cheapest I've found.  It's well worth shopping around.  Good luck.